Marine by day; R&B singer by night
Create Post

Exclamation Marine by day; R&B singer by night

MARINE CORPS BASE CAMP LEJEUNE, N.C. (Aug. 20, 2008) — On an average day Staff Sgt. Clarence L. Pitre gets up before the sun rises and begins the typical day of a Marine. He reports to his appointed place of duty and serves his country along side his fellow service members. But at the end of the day when he hangs up his uniform, he is known as the rhythm and blues singer Cdrive.

Pitre, a platoon sergeant from Transportation Support Company, Combat Logistics Battalion 8, 2nd Marine Logistics Group, proves to be multi-talented with a part-time music career where he writes his own songs and produces his own music.

In the music industry he is known by his stage name, which signifies the hard work to excel as an artist while balancing his military career.

“The C is for my first name Clarence. I incorporated the word drive because of my determination to push forward with my music career,” Pitre said.

Pitre has had a love for music since he was a child growing up in Houston. At age 13 he was writing his own songs and performing in local talent shows.

Now, at age 36 and a number of performances later, he has completed a second album, slated to hit stores this September.

The talented staff sergeant released his first album, “My Show, Our Party,” in 2005, selling over 15,000 copies.

He produced his latest album, titled “Connect with Me,” in three months and is currently working on a music video for one of the songs on the album called “Supermom.”

Pitre works hard on his productions in hopes that in the future his company, Track House Productions, will become an empire. Pitre has been the owner of Track House Productions since 1996. He is currently working with two rap groups out of Houston and California.

From producing and performing to being one of the few and the proud, Pitre’s family is impressed with everything he has accomplished.

Pitre’s brother, James P. Pitre, a former Marine staff sergeant, says he is proud of his brother for staying true to his music and his military obligations.

“The camaraderie in the Marine Corps benefits his music career,” said James. “He meets people everywhere he goes and gains more fans.”

Pitre says he has received excellent exposure for his music while traveling in the Marine Corps and while on deployments. It allows him to meet more people and share his music with the friends he makes.

“I’m a Marine first, but, to sum it up into one word, I’m an entertainer too,” said Pitre. “I want to encourage Marines to touch other people with music. You can be a Marine and still have a musical side.”

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	080818-M-7097L-001.jpg‎
Views:	205
Size:	10.3 KB
ID:	5705  

Thread Information