Trying to get back in
Create Post

Trying to get back in

First let me say its an honor to be and see all you jarheads in such a great place SEMPER FI!!! Ok heres the sitrep been out for 10 yrs (eas 25/09/98) have 4 dependents do i have to go reserves or is there a possibility of active duty?? Thanks for the help!

how old are you and how many years in?

chances are you'll be a no go for active with 4 dependants. reserves may take you.

one way to get around it... get a divorce then get married to her again after you're active.... it'll get around the dependents issue...

Fastest way back would probably be to go reserve, attend one or two drills, and submit a request to go active duty. Good Luck,
    Semper Fi

Last edited by jinelson; 08-19-08 at 10:03 AM. Reason: typo

Ive been out since 96 . I only have 2 dependants but i dont even think its ever come up whether i had 2 or 20. Im waiting for my package to come back from HQ.

Thanks Leathernecks lookin into it now tryin to get in contact wit psr did just 4 yrs '94 to '98

Quote Originally Posted by CRASH CORPORAL View Post
    Ive been out since 96 . I only have 2 dependants but i dont even think its ever come up whether i had 2 or 20. Im waiting for my package to come back from HQ.
    How long has your package been out? I've been told it's about a 45 day turn around from HQMC.

Contact you local Recruter to go active duty. You have to go through MEPs All over agin. I was just recalled and i'm tring to go active duty. Make sure you in your hight and weigjht stand's too and beable to do a pft. also you will have ro start your time in grade over. and your afbed will be ajusted for the amount of years out howe ever you pebd should be the day you went to boot came. tats what they did for me for this recal orders.

hey there Sgt of Marines... those things all depend on the situation... so you don't confuse people who didn't fall off contract (like what you are refering to) you have the opportunity to NOT lose your TIG as long as you are being promoted in line with your peers... though this is ALSO dependant upon the Monitor and his recommendation.

you are still correct about the AFBED though... that's the same, or from what was explained to me and what I remember of what he said... it sounds about the same.

like oldTop said you may want to get into the reserves and submit a package to active from there..

I too would like to go back in, but just the reserves if possible. I was active from 88-94 in Aviation. So what are my chances and what should I expect to have to do as of course I'm a little rusty and 39 years old.

the 6 years takes off your age to 33... you need to hurry up! you really need to get a recruiter who is going for recruiter of the year and have him work for you... talk to your prior service recruiters in your area... it'll be best if you are in height and weight regs.

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt Petzold View Post
    the 6 years takes off your age to 33... you need to hurry up! you really need to get a recruiter who is going for recruiter of the year and have him work for you... talk to your prior service recruiters in your area... it'll be best if you are in height and weight regs.
    Called a PS recruiter today and he was not real interested in helping me, says I was at service limitations and gave me another number to call.

I have been trying to get back in the reserves too. I was active duty 95 to 99 (0311) I have been working with a psr and been having a little trouble getting him to put my package together. something always seems to come up that takes him from doing it. i am going to keep pushing though cause i am ready to get back in.

Maximum age is 35 with no prior service I'm 38 and in the process old man. But I am only being offered 36 months for re enlistment since I have 5 years 4 months active. And I was told I would lose my TIG

Hmm, this topic comes up every once and a while and I get the same conclusion everytime; It's a pain for prior service Marines to reenlist in the Corps and PSRs don't help.

Quote Originally Posted by RLeon View Post
    Hmm, this topic comes up every once and a while and I get the same conclusion everytime; It's a pain for prior service Marines to reenlist in the Corps and PSRs don't help.
    My thoughts exactly

Thread Information