Grades.
Create Post
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Grades.

Unhappy Grades.

I really need some advice from people smarter then I am. Right now I am really stressed out and struggling with Math and Science, and I am worryed sick about the math and general science sections on the ASVAB, what is going to happen if I fail the math and general science sections on the ASVAB? If I dont pass or do good in these areas what will happen to my chances of getting a good MOS? Will I only get jobs as a grunt?
    I really need some advice, I cannot concentrate on my studys at all because I am so worryed about all of this.

please help

Just work on your general skills and you should be fine. The ASVAB isn't that hard a test.

I got a 95 on it and I'm a grunt.

What score do I need to get to able to get the 1371 MOS (combat engineer), do I need good math or science skills for that?

No, the scores for that aren't much higher than the grunt scores. I think grunt scores are somewhere in the 30's...combat engineer might be somewhere in the 40's.

Phantom Blooper
    Guest Free Member
    Are you struggling with spelling also?

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom Blooper View Post
    Are you struggling with spelling also?

Grammer isnt exactly my strong point either.

But I am not bad at spelling thankfully.

Quote Originally Posted by Rains View Post
    I really need some advice from people smarter then I am. Right now I am really stressed out and struggling with Math and Science, and I am worryed sick about the math and general science sections on the ASVAB, what is going to happen if I fail the math and general science sections on the ASVAB? If I dont pass or do good in these areas what will happen to my chances of getting a good MOS? Will I only get jobs as a grunt?
    I really need some advice, I cannot concentrate on my studys at all because I am so worryed about all of this.

please help

WTF!?!
    Are you trying to imply that Grunts are stupid? You are treading on very thin ice, boy. Now shut the f*ck up and go collect the shopping carts of the parking lot.

Quote Originally Posted by amarine0311 View Post
    WTF!?!
    Are you trying to imply that Grunts are stupid? You are treading on very thin ice, boy. Now shut the f*ck up and go collect the shoppng carts of the parking lot.

I am not implying that grunts are stupid at all Sir.

Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    ive been out of school for 4 years i took a practice test saturday. I scored a 50-60 AFQT whatever that is im not sure any one know appx what GT I would get with that?

Well, I would suggest to you to just take it, and as a tip I would say to not stress out about it at all. Do as much stressing before as you want, but when you sit down at the computer, take a minute, collect your thoughts, relax, then begin. I've always found that I score much much better if I have a clear mind and I'm focusing on the task at hand than if I'm worried whether or not I'll pass or what jobs I may or may not get just because I don't know the answer to the question I'm on.

Now, after taking the test, you can take a look at all the jobs you qualify for based on your line scores (assuming your AFQT is good enough to get in in the first place: 31, I believe it is), and if you don't like what you see then you can buy a study guide or something and see if you can't improve your score after that.

That's my 2 cents.

Credits
    Savings
    i think its 31 for army and 32 for Marines

Study study study and study.

Credits
    Savings
    Yeah ill probably get the study guide before I take the real deal, but atleast i know ill pass w/ the 50-60 afqt I recieved on the practice test. Im just wondering what kind of GT that would be since they didnt say. Im hoping to get 100-110

I have the "ASVAB for Dummies" book. Its great. Comes with four full length practive exams and explains EVERYTHING. I bought it the same time I bought the Marine Corps history book. Also another great book to own. The name of the history book is Semper Fi.

Actually the min for the Marines is 31- heard my recruiter tell someone that just today (somehow spent 4 hours with him and some other poolees without noticing).

You really shouldn't have a problem with it, like it's been said already- it's a pretty easy test. Just go to the library and get an ASVAB study guide- study it, take some practice tests, you should be good.

Thread Information