So who's last Monday as a civilian is it? - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thank you for the advice. i knew i had a week left but "your last monday as a civilian" really hit me hah. as rkidd said, yeah the time in the DEP did really go by much faster. but im hoping the running and things have made me more prepared. im nervous. but excited. all in all. i know i will enjoy it.

yeahh its my last monday. pretty excited. nervous definitely but excited. ill remember all your advice, and take most of it haha

Ha. Ha...uh oh. Whoops, my bad.
    Dammit, Achped, you kept talking about getting promoted, so Cpl. stuck in my head in reference to you. I really should have known better...

Yeah, Im busting my ass for Non-com, if only because Im sick and tired of "Give me 5 pfcs...****, there's only 4....hey, LCpl, lets go"

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by motopoolee View Post
    yeahh its my last monday. pretty excited. nervous definitely but excited. ill remember all your advice, and take most of it haha
    FILL OUT YOUR PROFILE!

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    It's my last Monday as a civilian as well. I'm ready. I definitely know what you mean about being tired of the family. I'm ready for the next chapter of my life.

This is my last Monday as well. I have to attend like two or three dinners, and I have to watch my weight. sucks Lol

Quote Originally Posted by Achped View Post
    Go eat some ice cream (vanilla bean, preferably), pizza, and chinese food. Thats what everyone misses most. You won't get any till November I think is when you graduate?

Hmm, what else...oh, STOP working out. Enjoy your freedom! You don't wanna risk hurting yourself anyways...I mean, yeah do some pullups, but forget all the rest of that stuff. It would suck to sprain your ankle on a moto run 5 days before you got to the depot, yeah?

Don't drink any powerade at all....trust me. Especially the blue yellow or red kind. Also, don't eat any apples, roast beef sandwiches, or bags of potato chips. You will get enough during your stay.

Also, you may want to get the GFE from your girl....a friend...anyone really, after boot I was so messed up I didn't even want anything to do with girls until I'd been home for a few hours. Its so weird, you guys won't even think about girls at all. You'll see fine ass girls on family day, and all you will think about is how your miss your family.

True story. I had 3 girlfriends when I went to boot.
    When I came back one still wanted me, another wanted ME but not to be with me (get what im sayin?), and the other one had magically turned into a lesbian while I was gone??? I dunno, so you've got a 33% chance of keeping your girl as I see it, but she wont be with you forever, she'll probably be a good little girl while you're at boot, she'll see you for 10 days, you'll enjoy yourself, but then you're gone for months. Take the advice of almost every Marine on here....unless you live in NC, or SoCal and you get stationed in those two places.....throw up the duces. It ain't worth it! (You could always knock her up and marry her...)

That reminds me of a class we got by our kill hat one day. This recruit had humongous ears, like...ginormous. And our kill hat was like Hey f***ing webb, stand up.

YES SIR!

So, you listen to the radio late at night with those satellite dishes on your ear?

NO SIR!

Bull****. You got a girl backhome?

YES SIR!

Be real quiet....you hear it?

THIS RECRUIT DOESNT HEAR ANYTHING SIR!

You sure? Its the sound of your girlfriend getting slammed by Jody back home.

AYE SIR

Oh, I got it, you can't hear it because its about 2200, her parents are probably home and he's got a pillow over her face. Yeah...shes getting it real good. How do you feel about that?

roflroflroflroflroflolololololol I think half the platoon was laughing under their breath.

And lastly, since everyone here is ricky recon, you could go lay in the grass for an entire day with a broomstick painted black, training to be a sniper. I guess you could also sit on the computer all day playing Solitaire if you're going into Admin or Supply Admin. Practice opening cardboard boxes if you're supply warehouse, if you're an armory custodian you could lay out a bunch of pens and count them over and over again, motor t mechanic? just sit outside on a humongous blacktop all day long and look into an engine bay, then take naps underneath the truck (You bastards), Got any other "Training" tips for the poolees Marines? lol!

I'm a mechanic *****! hahaha, that is the operator side... we fix the **** they break so they can sleep while we work... it's a never ending cycle.

they get assigned like 3 trucks... they break all three or they are all due for maint... they sit around all day just cleaning the bay or doing little working parties...

I stand corrected, after thinking about it you are absolutely right. Ive never seen a mech just sitting around...except the NCOIC, whos sitting around handign out tools.

But operators are always by the dispatch room just chillin...

Can't wait until next Monday!

My MOS is Motor T. Do I get to pick if I'm an operator or a mechanic, or is "based upon the needs of the Corps"?

Quote Originally Posted by bonnjanry View Post
    My MOS is Motor T. Do I get to pick if I'm an operator or a mechanic, or is "based upon the needs of the Corps"?
    Based on how far my boot goes up your hind quarters, smartass.

But to be serious... I'm sure SSgt Petzold can give you a more definite answer than that since he is Motor-T. My guess is "the needs of the Corps" just like everything else.

Last edited by Brewer0311; 08-19-08 at 03:47 PM. Reason: I sounded like a prick and needed to change some stuff.

actually it depends on the enlistment code you got in your contract.

CD (if they haven't changed it) is mech

I don't know the other one since I'm not an operator.

Mechs goto school in Jacksonville NORTH CAROLINA!! not florida... we had a guy go UA because he flew to the wrong place after his ten days boot leave. hahhahaa, poor bastard.

the operators head out to ft. lenoardwood... or how ever you spell that stupid army bases name.

now that that is done join my social group Motor T!!!!!!!!!!

Good 'ole Camp Johnson....so many honeys there. God I loved it...

Man oh man, last week as a civilian. I really can't thank my recruiter enough for helping me qualify for running; I was lagging behind pretty badly. Heck, I can't thank him enough for giving me this opportunity to be so successful. I'll be back here in late November with pictures of myself as a Marine! My voice is hoarse, my body's sore from PT'ing all the time, and my morale is as high as Heaven.

I would like to thank you guys here, too. I know I'm not the talkative type who has to talk to everyone, but just being on here makes me feel proud to become one of the few and proud.

Thread Information