So who's last Monday as a civilian is it?
Create Post
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

So who's last Monday as a civilian is it?

Go eat some ice cream (vanilla bean, preferably), pizza, and chinese food. Thats what everyone misses most. You won't get any till November I think is when you graduate?

Hmm, what else...oh, STOP working out. Enjoy your freedom! You don't wanna risk hurting yourself anyways...I mean, yeah do some pullups, but forget all the rest of that stuff. It would suck to sprain your ankle on a moto run 5 days before you got to the depot, yeah?

Don't drink any powerade at all....trust me. Especially the blue yellow or red kind. Also, don't eat any apples, roast beef sandwiches, or bags of potato chips. You will get enough during your stay.

Also, you may want to get the GFE from your girl....a friend...anyone really, after boot I was so messed up I didn't even want anything to do with girls until I'd been home for a few hours. Its so weird, you guys won't even think about girls at all. You'll see fine ass girls on family day, and all you will think about is how your miss your family.

True story. I had 3 girlfriends when I went to boot.
    When I came back one still wanted me, another wanted ME but not to be with me (get what im sayin?), and the other one had magically turned into a lesbian while I was gone??? I dunno, so you've got a 33% chance of keeping your girl as I see it, but she wont be with you forever, she'll probably be a good little girl while you're at boot, she'll see you for 10 days, you'll enjoy yourself, but then you're gone for months. Take the advice of almost every Marine on here....unless you live in NC, or SoCal and you get stationed in those two places.....throw up the duces. It ain't worth it! (You could always knock her up and marry her...)

That reminds me of a class we got by our kill hat one day. This recruit had humongous ears, like...ginormous. And our kill hat was like Hey f***ing webb, stand up.

YES SIR!

So, you listen to the radio late at night with those satellite dishes on your ear?

NO SIR!

Bull****. You got a girl backhome?

YES SIR!

Be real quiet....you hear it?

THIS RECRUIT DOESNT HEAR ANYTHING SIR!

You sure? Its the sound of your girlfriend getting slammed by Jody back home.

AYE SIR

Oh, I got it, you can't hear it because its about 2200, her parents are probably home and he's got a pillow over her face. Yeah...shes getting it real good. How do you feel about that?

roflroflroflroflroflolololololol I think half the platoon was laughing under their breath.

And lastly, since everyone here is ricky recon, you could go lay in the grass for an entire day with a broomstick painted black, training to be a sniper. I guess you could also sit on the computer all day playing Solitaire if you're going into Admin or Supply Admin. Practice opening cardboard boxes if you're supply warehouse, if you're an armory custodian you could lay out a bunch of pens and count them over and over again, motor t mechanic? just sit outside on a humongous blacktop all day long and look into an engine bay, then take naps underneath the truck (You bastards), Got any other "Training" tips for the poolees Marines? lol!

Oh, and if you live with your family, spend time with them. I cant stress this enough. When you are at boot it is impossible to see your family in anything but the best light. The week before boot I hated my parents, and about a week after I got home I was fighting with them again.

But at boot I would LOVE hearing from both my parents, my sister, grandparents, everyone.

I saw Gunny Goodnight when I was checkin into New River... he wasn't my DI but it was still kind of cool seeing him... You remember him?!
    Heyy there golff companayyy!
    hah

Wasn't he 72? The genius DI who knew like...everything?

Thanks for the advice!!! This is my last Monday as a civilian. The time in DEP went by so much quicker than I thought it was going to...Cant wait to get there!

yellowwing
    Guest Free Member
    That reminds me, is there a version of Jody for female recruits?

Hell no, thats why they join! To get near the guys!

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by rkidd4 View Post
    Thanks for the advice!!! This is my last Monday as a civilian. The time in DEP went by so much quicker than I thought it was going to...Cant wait to get there!
    Good luck Ryan remember failure is no option you have the pride of this Marine site, Northern Colorado, and your family riding on this one. Never quit! Report back to me when you have accomplished your mission.

Jim

It is my last Monday as a civilian!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Achped View Post
    Go eat some ice cream (vanilla bean, preferably

you speak to my heart, Cpl. lmao!

last monday

Quote Originally Posted by Banshee View Post
    you speak to my heart, Cpl. lmao!

last monday
    Good thing you have a week to learn rank structure

Wow a promotion!

Quote Originally Posted by jinelson View Post
    Good luck Ryan remember failure is no option you have the pride of this Marine site, Northern Colorado, and your family riding on this one. Never quit! Report back to me when you have accomplished your mission.

Jim

Thanks SSgt. and everyone else on here that has helped me for the past six months...I will not disappoint you guys.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    What I missed most,,,,, Childhood, family fishing, sled riding, listening to hunting stories at my dad's feet, meals built on love, Sorry boys, the bad news about being a Marine,,,, We didn't tell you. You can't go back. Sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by JdnSmith View Post
    Good thing you have a week to learn rank structure
    LOL, that's hilarious. It won't matter on the Depot though. Everyone's rank there is "Sir".

Thread Information