Black Friday
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Black Friday

Black Friday

I just want to know from all the Marines on here. How was your Black Friday experience, and how was this as far as stress and in comparison to everything else?

Phantom Blooper
    Guest Free Member
    If we tell you we will have to put a hit on you! Some things in life and the Marine Corps YOU have to experience for yourself!

Just wait cruzi, just wait...

I'd equate black friday to 3 human beings turned into tornados...

The most intense temper tantrums ever thrown by grown men.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Traumatic Shock and Awe comes to mind. LMAO

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by Cjcruzi3 View Post
    Black Friday experience
    We toured a lot of the Island that day, going from one pit to another.

I can hear our DI's now....

"Oh-we-Oh -- off to the pit we go... 1st BN pit(s)

Oh-we-Oh -- off to the pit we go... 2nd BN pit(s)

Oh-we-Oh -- off to the pit we go... 3rd BN pit(s)

Oh-we-Oh -- off to the pit we go... 4th BN pit(s) .... no way freikin way? way."

What a great day in paradise.......

Don't worry, if it gets too tough all you have to do is ask for a timeout and pull out your stress card....

Are you talking about when you meet your DI's for the first time? Ours was on that first Saturday, not a Friday.

And I've never been more terrified.

Is that stress card stuff for real, because of it is. Thats some BS.... its not like there trying to train us to go over there and hug people. Just like the cursing. I for one will not care if they curse, hit, yell, point or whatever. War is not pretty, boot camp should not be either.

Is that stress card stuff for real, because of it is. Thats some BS.... its not like there trying to train us to go over there and hug people. Just like the cursing. I for one will not care if they curse, hit, yell, point or whatever. War is not pretty, boot camp should not be either.
    I never got a stress card. We didn't have time to be stressed.

Quote Originally Posted by DevilDogJAL View Post
    Are you talking about when you meet your DI's for the first time? Ours was on that first Saturday, not a Friday.

And I've never been more terrified.
    That was a life changing moment..... pick up day.

I will never forget the sight of seeing one of my DI's fly through the air like Superman and give this kid a flying forearm shiver,,, wrecked his day.... unreal. I think he eye balled, and smirked at the DI,,, bad move.

And, Black Friday is not the same, but not all platoons did it. At MCT I remember talking to guys from other platoons that never heard of it. I think it depended on how sick and twisted your DI's were.

But they are two separate events or they were in my day....

And to the rest of you clowns,,,,there is no stress card, silly, WTF do you believe everything you hear?

I dare you to ask for a timeout.....

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    This keeps coming up again and again. This is false;

http://www.snopes.com/military/stress.asp

Interesting that the squids would have it at one point in time.

Jim

I for one will not care if they curse, hit, yell, point or whatever. War is not pretty, boot camp should not be either.
    Good because all those things don't officially happen while at boot camp, if you catch my drift.

yeah, I get your drift.

Quote Originally Posted by jinelson View Post
    This keeps coming up again and again. This is false;

http://www.snopes.com/military/stress.asp

Interesting that the squids would have it at one point in time.

Jim
    That's referred to as a "Training Time Out" in our boot camp, which no one ever used. All you had to do was raise your right hand and say "Training Time Out" and everything would halt, but it was never used in my division (platoon.) Our Chief told us if someone ever used it they'd better be bleeding from the head or they would be afterward lol. Even in our worst beating, which only lasted an hour and a half, no one used it.

Thread Information