Married with daughter
Create Post

Married with daughter

I want the truth about the current situation with Marine Corps discipline, morale etc. I am prior Army. I have a wife and daughter. I am looking forward to joining and expect to leave no later than Nov 3rd, 2008. Is Boot still a challenge? How is the mos 0311? Does anyone have any advice on joining as 0311?
    Thanks

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Here we go again..............................STAND BY!

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyblood View Post
    I want the truth about the current situation with Marine Corps discipline, morale etc. I am prior Army. I have a wife and daughter. I am looking forward to joining and expect to leave no later than Nov 3rd, 2008. Is Boot still a challenge? How is the mos 0311? Does anyone have any advice on joining as 0311?
    Thanks
    Probably would be a good idea to read the rules, Eric. Boot camp and 0311 MOS have been covered here, ALOT, and information is readily found by doing a search.

In my experience (on a year and a half of it) Marine Corps discipline is 100 %, with Marines that care. But, there are always those out there that don't give a **** about anything, and will do whatever they want, but that's with any career.

Morale with the command I'm in is okay. The only thing that would make it better is deployments, since I'm with a non-deployable unit.

If you are prior ARMY than you know all you need to know. Ask us about morale and discipline after you become a MARINE.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    One Wife,,, one daughter,,,,, What are your priorities??? Certainly not them. Give me a break,,, Go away,,,,,, Be a husband and dad. Those callings are Higher than being a Marine. Just my Friggin opinion, soldier. Quit tryin to run away, and be a man.

Ahh... Sparkie! Good perspective! But maybe the armyofnone cant find a job out in the civi world because of lack of discipline?!?! If that is the case, perhaps one of you can tell him if the Corps is a good place for him.

going to be tough to join with 2 dependents. The recruiter will do a financial statement with you. You wont get any higher of a rank than E-3 Lance Corporal...regardless of what you held prior.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    The Corps ain't no place for a runaway dad,,,,,,, Lady,,,, You KNOW that.
    Get a job, love your daughter, make a son. Soldier,,,,,, Make a life, you had your time,,, now it is their time. Marines fight for one great thing,,, The American Family.

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyblood View Post
    Does anyone have any advice on joining as 0311?
    Thanks
    I appreciate your motivation but................
    Why on earth would you want to start that stuff all over again from the bottom,?Baby steps with a bunch of 18 year olds? think hard about it man......Going to Marine Corps Boot camp at 32 years old, with a family? My advice? Focus on your family priorities and not some adventure you want for yourself.

And YES Marine Corps Boot Camp is always going to be hard, It's a title that HAS TO BE EARNED! There is NO slime through at Parris Island! Or San Diego..

Quote Originally Posted by slimmy07 View Post
    going to be tough to join with 2 dependents. The recruiter will do a financial statement with you. You wont get any higher of a rank than E-3 Lance Corporal...regardless of what you held prior.

there is NO E-3 out of boot unless he earns it in boot.

no prior service has gotten more than e-2 on contract.

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt Petzold View Post
    there is NO E-3 out of boot unless he earns it in boot.

no prior service has gotten more than e-2 on contract.

Ok, So I guess the prior servie Army that I put in just sewed their LCPL Chevrons prior to coming into my office. You can get E-3 out of bootcamp depending on the Rank you held in your previous branch. I put in a SGT from the Army and and the highest rank he could get would be E-3. But, your a SSGT so I guess my experience does not count.

so the E-4s in the navy that joined when I did got screwed even though they asked everybody they could at MEPS?

you need to work on your attitude. last I heard there's not contract E-3 in the Marine Corps kiddo.

I'll go check on that for you though, I'll let you know tomorrow.

Thread Information