2/8 Camp Lejeune
Create Post

2/8 Camp Lejeune

Well Marines...we have one set of orders in so far out of two. Can anyone shed some light on the amazing 2/8 Infantry Battalion? I saw when they last returned home, but any other info would be great. I tried to do a search, but mine doesn't ever seem to work for some reason. If any of you can find a link or ongoing thread that I missed, please let me know. My youngest will be there by the second week in September, he is not infantry though.

Thanks everyone and have a great weekend.

Marine Family Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    marinemama,
    I am certainly not an expert on 2/8 but I used to spend alot of time viewing their website being that I had a son who served with them. You can go to any search engine and type in 2nd Battalion/8th Marine Regiment or just 2/8 and see what you come up with. You can go to http://www.usmc.mil and search for 2/8.
    Wait one minute; I just tried accessing 2/8 through http://www.marines.mil first going to units, then North Carolina, then 2nd Battalion/8th Marine Regiment ,then just 2nd Battalion and finally just 8th Regiment. All of these sites are not hosted at this time. In other words, I couldn't view their websites. I also tried going to www.lejeune.usmc.mil with no success. When those sites are up and running they will provide you with some good, officially sanctioned, news.
    Marinemama, please try www.defenselink.mil/ and look for 2/8 images.
    Adios, for now.
    Gary

Thank you. I had done a search and found all the PC stuff, just didn't know if there were any first hand accounts that would be helpful. That is a really good site on the 2/8, lots of important news and changes of command and things. I really like that one a great deal. The base itself looks HUGE! I can't wait to see all the stores and stuff and have a look around myself :o). It will be much different from 29 Palms and the desert.

I found that problem as well Osotogary, I will keep checking back to see if any of those change.

I appreciate your time looking for the links.

I've got some close friends in 2/8. I also met a lot of them in Iraq when our Company was taking over for them.

Everyone that I've met has been a great guy/Marine. Just make sure he shows respect and he'll be fine.

Thread Information