Marine MP
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Marine MP

Marine MP

I have a question about my MOS. I would like to be in the Military Police, but i was recently told that anyone under 21 wouldnt be able to do much more than just a desk job. Does anyone know if this is true or not?

I don't know how it works now,but I was 20yrs as a 5811 and carried a weapon and evrything. I have recently worked with the Army, as a civilian contractor, and many new MPs were 18 and 19.

yeah. well im 17 years old right now. but ill be 18 in basic. i was told by a friend of mine that is in the "georgia national guard" and he appairently knows everything.
    but he told me that its some kind of new law that was recently passed.
    i wouldnt mind doing the whole officer thing for four years, but i would much rather be in a little action

If your an MP and E-3 or below chances are you will be standing watch at the front gate unless your at a base that has transitioned to Civilian Police.

-LCPL Penfold

well im in MP school right now,at FT leonardwood,MO.

what your hearing is completely untrue.they have field MP's out there at ages 19-20 on convoys,manning the turrets.they have 19 yr olds doing patrols on bases and pulling people over,your age does not make a difference (though you DO need too be at least 19 by the time you graduate MP school) and have a valid drivers license.

training is hard,i hope your a good runner because we easily run 5 or more miles every monday wensday and friday.sometimes we switch it up and do field meets involving various team excerises.you WILL get sprayed in the face with OC spray,yes it is the most painful thing in the world (short of being shot i guess) yes you will qualify and carry a pistol,baton and OC spray.defensive driving,convoy operations and advanced MOUT (military operations in urban terrain) are also there.defensive/offensive driving is also a blast i hear,i havent gotten too that stage yet.

any questions PM me,i can most likely give ya an anwser.

also MP is a MANDATORY 5 year contract for active duty.not the usual 4.

Well since the NG works for the STATE maybe they have to abide by state law which may include the age limit for carrying a pistol. Either that or their incompetent.

I was 18 when I graduated MP School and SRT by 19.

well i think im going to go infantry and switch my contract after my four years.

Don't be so sure they'll let you make that move. It will depend on boat spaces and whether the MPs are needing people when it comes time for you to reenlist.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Pvt Cowboy45 View Post
    i was told by a friend of mine that is in the "georgia national guard" and he appairently knows everything.
    Unless he was prior service Marine - what in the hell does somebody in the GA National Guard know about the Corps? Or are you planning on going Army?

UGH, MPs...the only Marines who's sole job is to bust other Marines.

And they're so anal too...

not like we bust em for doing the right thing,marines screw up too..someone has too keep em in line. besides thats garrison MP's,field MP's are completely different i can assure you,where just glorfied grunts with wheels and badges,don't do much of the whole law enforcement thing.

So Achped, let me see if I have this straight. Assisting you when you crashed your car, called the bus when you got your butt kicked for being a drunken idiot, standing gate duty to keep your area safe from outside threats(other than other idiot Marines), investigating the theft or loss of your property. I wish I had known my sole function was to f--k with you I wouldn't have wasted my time doing all those other things.

Hey I'm definitely not a cop-hater, by any means. I've always defended cops from my teenage idiots friends who would do something illegal, and then wonder why they got in trouble for it.

But MPs just seem to take it to the next level, like I had a female MP at the gate tell me one day I couldn't come into base with my shirt off.... ok, we're in Hawaii, I was coming from the beach, it was obvious, towel on the seat, sunburnt, and you're allowed to run around on base without a shirt on, why can't I be in my car without one? So she made me pull over, grab my shirt out of the back seat and put it on...but if I want to run around in pt shorts and a glow strap, that's perfectly ok?

They also seem to just always stare me down every time they're driving next to me, passing me, whatever.

And, one mother@$%^!$@ took my cup at mcdonalds right off the counter!!! She put the cup over to the side as I was paying for my order, and that pos just took it and started filling it up with powerade. I was like wtf man? MCdonalds gave me another cup but still...

Thread Information