Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 1371

I feel dumb asking this, but what is "Combat" about Combat Engineers? From all the descriptions on the forums they seem like carpenters and metal workers and what not who are mainly stationed on bases, please correct me if I'm wrong, im just asking because I am considering 1371 as my MOS.

Yes, you are wrong.
    Combat engineers do engineering work in support of combat. This includes building things like bridges and defensive positions. This also includes destroying things like obstacles and mine fields.

In Desert Storm The Combat Engineers Were Critical In Clearing Iraqi Fortifications And Mine Feilds.I Have Great Respect For Them.

1371 is real close to the MOS of 1369.

All 1300 MOS's are pretty close. Techs are the smart ones that tell us what to do, HE does the site prep and the heavy digging, and well CE does the rest.

somebody please tell him

Thank you very much for clearing this up, I still have untill October to wait to get a contract set up. My recruiter says that is when the new fiscal year starts for careers and that is when I will have my best chance of getting that MOS.

Well i hope he told you that unless you are a reservist you are not guaranteed the MOS you are only given the field 1300

but, what ZSKI doesn't know is that if your recruiter has the know-how and know-who... he can get it done... but don't bank on that.

Combat engineers is in a enlistment code... it is taged with another MOS that you will either get CE or whatever the other MOS is.

CE are cool 'cause they build you a house in the desert and destroy mines with .50 cals and I heard they are using M14s with scopes now.... cool stuff.

they are always blowing stuff up at the demo range.

So, say I have also been considering 0311, could I tag that to CE so if I don't get CE then I would be a rifleman?

Quote Originally Posted by Do-Or-Die View Post
    So, say I have also been considering 0311, could I tag that to CE so if I don't get CE then I would be a rifleman?
    Of course. Because this is Burger King.

Im sorry Sgt. but I'm afraid I don't completely understand what SSgt. was saying.

I'm saying that each MOS has a companion MOS attached to it in an enlistment code... mine was CD it has Motor Transport Maintenance and Heavy Equipment Maintenance... so you want one you should be able to cope with the other.

that's what I mean.

Thank you Staff Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by ZSKI View Post
    All 1300 MOS's are pretty close. Techs are the smart ones that tell us what to do, HE does the site prep and the heavy digging, and well CE does the rest.

Combat engineers are in no way close to the other MOS's that fall under the 1300 field ie: 1391 bulk fuel (gas pumpers) 1345 HE (fork lift drivers). Your duties as a combat engineer will differ depending on the type of unit you are assigned. Clearly you want to be in a division type unit but unfortunately that won't be up to you. As i'm sure you have heard you will be assigned by the needs of the Marine Corps.

Thread Information