USMC birthday ball
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    josephd
    Guest Free Member

USMC birthday ball

Myself and many others here will be in boot on November 10th and I know a birthdayball/party is thrown to celebrate. As a recruit being in bootcamp is that day set aside to celebrate with others or not?....

I am guessing it isn't but i thought i would ask

I have heard before of recruits getting to watch a movie indoors for it but that was a while back. I wouldn't know for sure though.

As far as I'm concerned if you are in bootcamp you aren't a Marine YET. The people who should get a special day is those Drill Instructors...its their birthday. However I don't know.

PS...Phantom you aren't even in the DEP yet and you haven't even been here 2 weeks and you have posted over 100 times...what is so important that you have to say?

Quote Originally Posted by bgsuwoody View Post
    As far as I'm concerned if you are in bootcamp you aren't a Marine YET. The people who should get a special day is those Drill Instructors...its their birthday. However I don't know.

PS...Phantom you aren't even in the DEP yet and you haven't even been here 2 weeks and you have posted over 100 times...what is so important that you have to say?
    I have nothing important to say per say but rather something important to hear. Next Tuesday I'll be in the DEP. I'm counting down the minutes.

josephd
    Guest Free Member
    I completely agree, I was just curious

I was in bootcamp on Nov 10. We got to watch a movie. "Blown Away" at the base theatre. We got to take $5 from our personal money bags and stuff our faces. A good time. We were then rewarded by initiating a island hopping campaign. Followed by personal time on the quarterdeck. The mnm's and pop didnt taste so good the second time.

I've heard so many stories about MnM's and pop. Funny stories but not so funny for the companies punished for it, ahaha.

Quote Originally Posted by outlaw3179 View Post
    I was in bootcamp on Nov 10. We got to watch a movie. "Blown Away" at the base theatre. We got to take $5 from our personal money bags and stuff our faces. A good time. We were then rewarded by initiating a island hopping campaign. Followed by personal time on the quarterdeck. The mnm's and pop didnt taste so good the second time.
    Mmmm! Yummy! I would have thought most of you recruits would have realized it was too good to be true. I suppose they would have quarter decked you anywase, at least you got a treat. I will be at MCRD over Christmas. I hear they give you two hours to watch a movie on Christmas day.

josephd
    Guest Free Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JOConnell View Post
    Mmmm! Yummy! I would have thought most of you recruits would have realized it was too good to be true. I suppose they would have quarter decked you anywase, at least you got a treat. I will be at MCRD over Christmas. I hear they give you two hours to watch a movie on Christmas day.
    yeah I will be there over the USMC birthday, my birthday, Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years...and to be completely honest I dont want any sort of special treatment because of any sort of holiday, i am there to learn/train to be a Marine, not to have a vacation

Quote Originally Posted by outlaw3179 View Post
    oh noooo

oh man, third phase for me will be in November. That should be the week 12 for me! Luckily I haven't had a drop of cola in months so I wont really want it. I'm sure they will not give us any mercy.

Back in 06' while I was there for the USMC Birthday we got to watch a moto video. I honestly don't even remember much about it. I just remember seeing all the Drill Instructors in their blues.

I had a friend that was there at the same time and they got to watch a video of his DI in Fallujah during the intial push. I would have liked to see that.

Thanksgiving we got to watch a football game during the day and then that night we watched a movie. Also, got a phone call then too.

My advice is don't call home if you get the chance. I'm not the type that gets homesick and it made me that way. Boot camp was flying by until I talked to my little brother and sister. It kind of dragged by after that.

We got to watch a movie and had kick ass lunch/dinner. Other than that, it was just another day.

Credits
    Savings

Some of his posts are chatroom style.

Sorry Cpl. If it needs to be fixed it will be. I run a few forums and know how good it is to have a higher post count as a forum.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by PhantomLord View Post
    Sorry Cpl. If it needs to be fixed it will be. I run a few forums and know how good it is to have a higher post count as a forum.
    It needs to be fixed and fast!

Jim

Thread Information