Tactical accessories
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings

Tactical accessories

When it comes to accessories for your weapons. Is this something that is job related, rank related, or is it up to you to proved them?

Example: Forehand grip, or different sights.

Quote Originally Posted by nb2288 View Post
    When it comes to accessories for your weapons. Is this something that is job related, rank related, or is it up to you to proved them?

Example: Forehand grip, or different sights.
    You aren't even a Marine yet and you are already worried about how high speed you are going to look in the FMF.

You need to reassess your priorities.

Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Just asking questions that I would like to know the answers too. I know where my priorities lie. I happen to be curious about some things, so I thought this would be an ideal location to ask the questions I don't know the answers too.

Quote Originally Posted by nb2288 View Post
    Just asking questions that I would like to know the answers too. I know where my priorities lie. I happen to be curious about some things, so I thought this would be an ideal location to ask the questions I don't know the answers too.
    Smart azz.

Depends on your unit (YOU WILL hear that alot). Even within the same unit it can vary. For example in my unit Service Co. has plain M16A2 and old bootcamp styled slings. However Alpha Co. in my unit gets M16A4 with ACOG sights and 3-point slings. I spoted a few Marines in our units with hand grips as well.

The only thing thats job/rank related is the pistol. Usually only a Ssgt or above has it or if your a MP/Armorer.

Quote Originally Posted by ItzAlex View Post
    Depends on your unit (YOU WILL hear that alot). Even within the same unit it can vary. For example in my unit Service Co. has plain M16A2 and old bootcamp styled slings. However Alpha Co. in my unit gets M16A4 with ACOG sights and 3-point slings. I spoted a few Marines in our units with hand grips as well.

The only thing thats job/rank related is the pistol. Usually only a Ssgt or above has it or if your a MP/Armorer.

Drivers and gunners get them also.

But yes it does depend a lot of your unit.

Quote Originally Posted by Brewer0311 View Post
    Drivers and gunners get them also.

But yes it does depend a lot of your unit.
    I dont know about gunners Cpl, but as a Motor T myself, we didnt get pistols.

Quote:quote=nb2288

Quote Originally Posted by Pete0331 View Post
    Smart azz.
    NB2288, you're right. This is what this particular part of this forum is dedicated to. Sometime Marines lose sight of the main objective. Call it complacency, call it saltiness, call it what you must but you deserve nothing less than an answer before rude comments.

Now, it will depen on your unit as you've been told before. However, If you do come to a unit where they are not so picky (which i happen to be fortunate to be a part of) you will be able to put whatever you want in your weapon in the fleet. Mind you, you'll be the one carrying it. No one else.

For example. This is the HIGH SPEEDINESS of my rifle: M16A4 w/ M203 and CFK (Combat Fighting Knife) full picattiny rail system, ACOG (advanced combat optic gunsight), PEQ15 (laser sight) M961 (surefire tac light) AN-PSQ18 (laser sight and range finder) and a broomstick (forehand grip) mod for my 203 because it's all kinds of "fore" heavy and a back up iron sight with the leaf sights as well.

Now i know someone in the same squad as me but a different fireteam that has the 203 as well. however, he only has the 16 the 203 rail system, acog, and peq15.

As a matter of fact i can't think of one 203 in my platoon that may be configured the same. Some use one point slings, others three point slings... It's the fleet. You can do whatever you want (to an extent)

Just make sure when you get to the fleet you don't get nasty.

Oh and another thing. There is a term loosely thrown about called a "gear queer" in shrt it translates to a Marine who buys all of the blackhawk, spectre, and spec ops gear instead of using what is given to your by BN. supply and CIF. Trust me when i say this. You will get all your BASIC needs from the Marine Corps. However, if you feel you need something that will benifit your fighting style more that be my guest. Alot of us use thigh and drop leg harnesses as well as combat belts. it lightens the load off of our flak and centers everything and evenly distributes the weight so that fatifue is not that much of a problem.

i'm getting a bit ahead of myself but that's what i'm...WE'RE here for. To help and educate those devil pups that want to become Devil Dogs.

Keep up the motivation, keep PT'ing on your own, learn as much as you can before you go in, and then absorb everything like a sponge once you hit one of the beloved depots.

Perfect_Storm Out.

Quote Originally Posted by PerfectStorm View Post
    NB2288, you're right. This is what this particular part of this forum is dedicated to. Sometime Marines lose sight of the main objective. Call it complacency, call it saltiness, call it what you must but you deserve nothing less than an answer before rude comments.
    Stand down LCPL.
    If you have a problem with my comments address me directly and with tact.

He should be focused on the objective of completing Recruit Training and nothing else.

Quote Originally Posted by ItzAlex View Post

pistols are obsolete in country now... M4s or M16A2/A4

Quote Originally Posted by Pete0331 View Post
    Stand down LCPL.
    If you have a problem with my comments address me directly and with tact.

He should be focused on the objective of completing Recruit Training and nothing else.

don't be an overbearing autocrat ... let the LCpl do his thing... this should have been handled via PM... so I'm giving you the same respect Cpl.

Semper Fi

and if you want to talk leadership principles... and theory, I'm game... I'm always willing to talk about MC leadership theory (means you're opinion is not wrong, for those who want to take it the wrong way)

You can always buy your own stuff, ie. 3 point sling.

Not sure about scopes or anything like that though.

Why am I seeing lower ranking "so called Marines" disrespecting our history and our higher ranking Marines on these threads? THIS IS TOTALLY UNSATISFACTORY! You know better than this! While your opinion may differ from a senior ranking Marine's, you still have to respect him! What is your problem? You could get office hours for this! And, Ssgt, with all due respect, you should know this as well! Granted, a question was asked and deserves an answer, but that does not open the door for disrespect in ANY WAY SHAPE OR FORM. We, as Marines, have earned respect. If you can't show it, especially on this web site, you don't need to be here!

Credits
    Savings
    Images

Incoming,,,,,,,,

I'm just gonna watch.

Credits
    Savings
    I've got $5 on Sgt Baker OOORAH!

Thread Information