Naval Academy Preparatory School
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Marine Friend Free Member DEAVILA's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings

Naval Academy Preparatory School

Hey Everyone!..

Its been quite a while since I've logged in and posted anything on here. Im finally at The Naval Academy Prep. School (NAPS) in Rhode Island..INDOC is 3 weeks long, and its almost over!..YAYYY!...In my Opinion we are the best Platoon in the Battalion...We look so good when we are out in the field doing drill..OMG!..Even the GySgt. out here said so himself..There are 41 people in my platoon and 6 of us are Females...Ohhh yeah!

Now for the bad news. Ive been doing great..Lots of TBE (Team Building Exercises) and all that good stuff..Until Last week Tuesday, While Taking the Hill behind Ripley Hall (where we live), I tripped on the stair and Jammed my Toe reallly bad. I didnt say anything for a while. I figured I could just walk it out. We went over to get our uniforms and all that, and my Toe was hurting real bad. After we came back to our rooms, I looked at my Big Toe on my Right Foot, and It was swollen and realllly purple. I couldnt Bend my Toe. I finally told my CADRE (Naval Academy Midshipman 1st class who train us) about it, and she took me to see the Corpsman.

He thought it was broken, so they drove me to the NAVY hospital right outside base, I got X-rays done and all that, and it turns out that I tore a Ligament in my toe. So he put me on CHIT (light duty.-No PT, No Drill-No Fun..LOL..) for 4 weeks. and i had to walk around with a DAMN BOOT on my foot!..

Now, for the Good news...This happend last week..Well, Ive been icing my foot everyday..Ive been going to the trainer everyday after Evening meal, and sticking my foot in the Whirl Pool (Bath tub with ICE and Water)..for 20 mins. The swelling went completely down, and its not as purple anymore. I can bend it a little more now..and well yesterday, the Corpsman told me that I would be able to Drill and PT again..all i have to do is Wrap up my Toe every morning before PEP..(PT)..So I healed Pretty DAmn quick!..Im sooo happy!..I get to Push DECK and PT and Drill again...

WHooot Whooot!...Classes start Next week and I definitely cant wait!..A lot of people are really excited..WE have a Rates Competition today, and Drill Competition on Friday..I know my Platoon is going to win....And LIBO!..Hell yes!..we Get Libo. realllllll sooon!..

If you guys have any questions about NAPS and the Naval Academy, let me know!..
    -DEAVILA

When did you get computers during Indoc?!

Geez.

Credits
    Savings
    ..HEHEHE..Its Sunday, we have like 3-4 hours of personal time..Our Comps. have Net running, so you know..hehe..

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by POOLEE DEAVILA View Post
    ..HEHEHE..Its Sunday, we have like 3-4 hours of personal time..Our Comps. have Net running, so you know..hehe..
    I knew that if there was a computer anywhere close to deav she would find it! LMAO!

Get well and kick ass, gal!

Dave

Ah, nice. We got computers the last week of indoc but weren't allowed to turn them on pain of disciplinary action. But then, I expect you've got much faster computers than we had.. hehe.

Have they split you up for classes yet?

Credits
    Savings
    HAHA..You got that right Dave Dave!..lol..Too bad Myspace is Blocked..For now..lol..

Classes start next week Lt. We just finished taking our placement tests on Thursday. SO we'll see where i get put at. I might be at Basic level classes in the Science ones..Since I never took Physics and I dont remember Chem. at all..hehe..Either way, Ill do fine, and Ill pass...

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    That's my girl!

Dave

Yeah being on Light Duty starts to suck after a while because you have to sit around and watch everyone else PT and feel useless, have to get your PT in when no ones looking lol. But you got lucky Deavila, you were only out for a couple weeks, my Light Duty chit doesn't expire until next January because of the surgery I had to have, and I can't PCS unitl my chit expires. But that's awesome that you're enjoying your school so far, keep up the good attitude and nothing will be able to stop you.

Good luck Deav, I told you you would like this decision. Hopefully to fully recover and have no more injuries.

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Oustanding. Your attitude after your injury is incredibly moto. One tough devil-pup.

Good luck on classes!

Credits
    Savings
    Hey everyone!..

Thanks for the Motivating words. I was suppose to be on Chit for 4 weeks..but my Toe healed a bit faster than expected..so i was only light duty for 4 days..All I have to do now, is Tape up my Toe every morning before PT, and Ice it twice a day. I cant fully bend it yet, but the swelling went down. The only reason im off Chit, is because I asked HM2 the Corpsman to let me PT. It feels ok, but i start feeling the pain later on. Thats when its time to pop the Ibuprofen the doc. gave me..hehe

I cant wait till classes start!..We got all our uniforms today. Im still missing a few things, because my last name was spelled wrong in everything..like nametags, my ID, and all that..Its all good!..Im really excited!..

Dave Dave...Shoot me a PM with ur Addy Please!

Nancy, I figured you'd hurt something sooner or later, haha, luckily your wrist healed in time.

Glad you're getting all settled in up there in RI...make us proud.

Now when you get down to Annapolis and you get through the basic Plebe fun we gotta do lunch, I drive by the USNA everyday on the way to work.

I remember stubbing my toe and thinking it hurt like hell but it was never purple, lol. It's so cool that you got into the Naval Academy.

Quote Originally Posted by POOLEE DEAVILA View Post
    Hey everyone!..

Thanks for the Motivating words. I was suppose to be on Chit for 4 weeks..but my Toe healed a bit faster than expected..so i was only light duty for 4 days..All I have to do now, is Tape up my Toe every morning before PT, and Ice it twice a day. I cant fully bend it yet, but the swelling went down. The only reason im off Chit, is because I asked HM2 the Corpsman to let me PT. It feels ok, but i start feeling the pain later on. Thats when its time to pop the Ibuprofen the doc. gave me..hehe

I cant wait till classes start!..We got all our uniforms today. Im still missing a few things, because my last name was spelled wrong in everything..like nametags, my ID, and all that..Its all good!..Im really excited!..

Dave Dave...Shoot me a PM with ur Addy Please!
    Good to go Nancy. Nice to see things turning your way. Light Duty has it's benefits in someways. Now the Corpsman giving you Ibuprofen. Damn I'd be worried if they didn't give me Moltrin and water.

Thread Information