USMC Mountain Warfare Training Center - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    My Old Pard 'GovtPacker' was an outfitter at Yosemite and a civilian contracter at Bridgeport. If a Marine didn't get efficient at packin and jerkin mules under the salty watch of that ole hand, they weren't coachable.

--->Dave

I was an Instructor at MCMWTC for 3 years.

Sergeant

I want to go Recon will this mean that i will go to Mountain Warfare school if i make it cause i think i have to but im not sure.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Nez46
    I want to go Recon will this mean that i will go to Mountain Warfare school if i make it cause i think i have to but im not sure.
    How about you worry about making it through boot camp first. Also, is this A question, SEVERAL questions, or A statement?

Sergeant Zulu

Quote Originally Posted by Zulu 36
    How about you worry about making it through boot camp first. Also, is this A question, SEVERAL questions, or A statement?
    With all do respect Sergeant isnt this room talking about Mountain Warfare school.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    With all do respect Sergeant isnt this room talking about Mountain Warfare school.
    Yes, this thread is about MWS. However, your question/questions/statement is very confusing. It also presupposes your making it through boot camp, which should be your primary concern at this stage, not going to MWS as a Reconman.

A little legal tip for your future military career. Never say, "With all due respect," then fail to give the respect due. It's an admission of guilt which will be brought up at the Office Hours or Court-Martial you will get. It's sea lawyer crap.

You really need to work on your grammar, spelling, and punctuation. That would help make your written communication less confusing to others.

Sergeant Zulu

Yes, this thread is about MWS. However, your question/questions/statement is very confusing. It also presupposes your making it through boot camp, which should be your primary concern at this stage, not going to MWS as a Reconman.

A little legal tip for your future military career. Never say, "With all due respect," then fail to give the respect due. It's an admission of guilt which will be brought up at the Office Hours or Court-Martial you will get. It's sea lawyer crap.

You really need to work on your grammar, spelling, and punctuation. That would help make your written communication less confusing to others.
    I apologize about the way i said that. I should have asked, Do Recons go to Mountain Warfare School?

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    I apologize about the way i said that. I should have asked, Do Recons go to Mountain Warfare School?
    Mucho better and apology accepted.

Now to answer your very straight forward question. Recon people do indeed go to MWS as it would be a critical aspect of their skill sets.

When I went to MWS in 1975, Recon people essentially ran the mountain warfare part -rappelling, rock climbing, etc. My unit had a Force Recon type as our personal instructor who was a certifiable nut-case. He was like a mountain goat and we loved him. Great ropes instructor.

Sergeant

Mucho better and apology accepted.

Now to answer your very straight forward question. Recon people do indeed go to MWS as it would be a critical aspect of their skill sets.

When I went to MWS in 1975, Recon people essentially ran the mountain warfare part -rappelling, rock climbing, etc. My unit had a Force Recon type as our personal instructor who was a certifiable nut-case. He was like a mountain goat and we loved him. Great ropes instructor.
    Thank you. It all sounds like fun almost lol. I watched a show on the military channel on MWS. Ithink summer would be alright, but the winter seems a little cold.

Talking Msw A Little Cold?

SON A LITTLE COLD IS LAYING ON THE ICE AT NIGHTMARE RANGE UP ON THE DMZ IN KOREA DOING AN LP. IT IS SOME THING YOU GET USED TO.

And to keep your from answering a bunch of "If i make recon do we go do this?" questions. Your answer will 99% of the time be yes if it is dealing with a special school.

Corporal

Yes i bet laying on the ice is very cold. I had a sergeant tell me one time while i was running with him, he said that the cold, it was all in my mind. I think it is.

The best thing Boot can teach a Marine is to place the mind in a state of "bullet proof" allow to absorb the uncomfortable and painful understanding that it is only a thing and it shall pass. You should learn to embrase this concept because it is the building block for most of your spec training ie MWF, JEST, E & E and Pow training all use this technique. Remember this later on when times are tough because again this too shall pass. Good Luck to you ttracker65

Corporal

Quote Originally Posted by ttracker65
    The best thing Boot can teach a Marine is to place the mind in a state of "bullet proof" allow to absorb the uncomfortable and painful understanding that it is only a thing and it shall pass. You should learn to embrase this concept because it is the building block for most of your spec training ie MWF, JEST, E & E and Pow training all use this technique. Remember this later on when times are tough because again this too shall pass. Good Luck to you ttracker65
    Thank you, its nice to be motivated by a older Marine every once and a while. I will remember your advice. Good luck to you to .

Nez46 one more thing.....your real cold weather training will take place in Amchitka Alaska, Minnasota state side or Nightmare Korea, Camp Fugi, Japan FMF PAC

Thread Information