USMC Mountain Warfare Training Center - Page 3
Create Post
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Corporal

Quote Originally Posted by ttracker65
    Nez46 one more thing.....your real cold weather training will take place in Amchitka Alaska, Minnasota state side or Nightmare Korea, Camp Fugi, Japan FMF PAC
    Yeah i have heard alot about the cold in Korea. Frozen Chosen. When my time comes to train or fight in cold weather i will remember your advice.

Talking

When your hand freezes to the barrel of your 16, your pee is frozen before it hits the ground and diesel turns to frozen BB's will you pray for the fires in Hell
    A Cpl B Exercerpt from Nightmare Range Korea the X-Mas of 1981

When your hand freezes to the barrel of your 16, your pee is frozen before it hits the ground and diesel turns to frozen BB's will you pray for the fires in Hell
    A Cpl B Exercerpt from Nightmare Range Korea the X-Mas of 1981
    Sounds like a nightmare. You know its cold when diesel frezes. I like the rifle on your profile picture. What kind of rifle is that? Like an AR-15 or something??

Looks like an AR15 with a leupold scope and the ejection port cover open. I know that's not a proper weapon condition Corporal . Very nice rifle though is all I really wanted to add.

To confirm "it" i assume you mean my weapon is an
    Bushmaster XM-15 E2S M4 A3 with Leatherwood M-600 ART scope
    and the ejection cover is open considering the pic was taken this
    last fall right after shooting assualt class at the KCR machine gun
    shoot...fyi Young Pups The Knob Creek Range machine gun shoot
    is the worlds largest with regulars such as GySgt Earmie from Mail
    Call. The sprining shoot will be held April 11th to the 13th hope to
    see ya all there Locked, Cocked and Ready to Rock
    PS my Weapon is of the 6.8 SPC Breed

Rifle

To confirm "it" i assume you mean my weapon is an
    Bushmaster XM-15 E2S M4 A3 with Leatherwood M-600 ART scope
    and the ejection cover is open considering the pic was taken this
    last fall right after shooting assualt class at the KCR machine gun
    shoot...fyi Young Pups The Knob Creek Range machine gun shoot
    is the worlds largest with regulars such as GySgt Earmie from Mail
    Call. The sprining shoot will be held April 11th to the 13th hope to
    see ya all there Locked, Cocked and Ready to Rock
    PS my Weapon is of the 6.8 SPC Breed
    The Rifle is nice. Name is a little long lol. But yeah M4 I want one.

IF big if you make it to a Spec unit you will get your wish only of the
    M-468 breed or the M-16 A4 A3 only difference is that the M-16 fires 5.56
    and the M-468 fires the 6.8 SPC (special purpose cartridge)
    from Barret Arms

ACOG Optic

IF big if you make it to a Spec unit you will get your wish only of the
    M-468 breed or the M-16 A4 A3 only difference is that the M-16 fires 5.56
    and the M-468 fires the 6.8 SPC (special purpose cartridge)
    from Barret Arms
    I have heard the ACOG optic for the M16 decreases accuracy. Is this true??

All optics are created for a situation/putpose. When used for other than intended it can have that effect. the ACOG opics system is a solid system when used for the purposes intended.

Corporal

All optics are created for a situation/putpose. When used for other than intended it can have that effect. the ACOG opics system is a solid system when used for the purposes intended.
    Oh okay. I know that for all purposes iron sights is the best all around and most accruate.

Iron sight's Are the meat of your sighting systems that is why you will still have Iron sights (flip up) even with the ACOG.
    in close quarters ie door to door, in house invasion iron sight's are useless. You need quick sighting such as holo or laser

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Iron sight's Are the meat of your sighting systems that is why you will still have Iron sights (flip up) even with the ACOG.
    in close quarters ie door to door, in house invasion iron sight's are useless. You need quick sighting such as holo or laser
    I hate to disagree, but I must. Iron sights work just fine in CQB. In fact, in SWAT we wouldn't let anyone use laser sights because too many red dots flying around, which one is yours? Can't always tell, and as a police officer, you got to know 100%.

I've done many CQB courses and shoot houses with iron sights. I also did all my real building entries with iron sights and a SureLight attachment on my MP-5, shotgun, or M16. KISS. You can get on target faster with iron than using a laser or optics in CQB. An exception might be a ghost ring sight.

Optics are great when you have some distance and/or have a fairly stable shooting position. Lasers are good when only ONE guy is using them as the designated shooter in deliberate shooting situations (home defense is one possible situation).

The Hologaph option i mentioned as well as laser gives the shooter the advantage of locking on a target without having a "stok weild" ie check to stock option which in reality most of the time you do not have the time to employ Holo all you have to do is put the target into the ring it does not matter the angle. Laser you put the dot on the target. I commend you if you have found an enemy that will give you the time to have sight alignment and sight picture..... unless you are a point and spray kinda guy in that case you must be a pretty strong fella for all the ammo you must pack with you. Although your kill count must be pretty high for all the collaterel kills you ring up from unsuspecting civilians that get in your beaten zone....just a thought. by the way i compete with a bunch of SWAT, ATF,FRT as well as general law enforcement.

Iron Sights

The Hologaph option i mentioned as well as laser gives the shooter the advantage of locking on a target without having a "stok weild" ie check to stock option which in reality most of the time you do not have the time to employ Holo all you have to do is put the target into the ring it does not matter the angle. Laser you put the dot on the target. I commend you if you have found an enemy that will give you the time to have sight alignment and sight picture..... unless you are a point and spray kinda guy in that case you must be a pretty strong fella for all the ammo you must pack with you. Although your kill count must be pretty high for all the collaterel kills you ring up from unsuspecting civilians that get in your beaten zone....just a thought. by the way i compete with a bunch of SWAT, ATF,FRT as well as general law enforcement.
    Oh i did not know when the M16 have the ACOG Optic on it you could still use the Iron sights. Thats cool. I agree if your going into close quaters the best is Iron but im not the expert. You guys are lol

Iron Sights

Oh i did not know when the M16 have the ACOG Optic on it you could still use the Iron sights. Thats cool. I agree if your going into close quaters the best is Iron but im not the expert. You guys are lol

Thread Information