Undecided MOS and need help
Create Post

Undecided MOS and need help

I know you get these same questions a lot and yes, I know there are posts about the question I am about to ask. I have an interest in being a Combat Engineer and would like advice from someone who is one. I have read the recent post asking the same question i am but, would like to receive more information. I heard most of them are carpenters and build things such as buildings, houses, and roads. At first i got the assumption all the do is blow things up with C4 and build bridges. I would like to know for sure on what they do daily. I am into using my head such as, critical thinking, figuring things out, and how to improve things. A possible career I would like to have as a civilian will to be an Industrial Engineer. So i would like to have a MOS that can give me any kind of experience. I want an exciting job as well as something I know i can excel in and be the best. I want to thank you for taking the time to read this and thank you more for replying. If you know of any other MOS's I might like please let me know. Yes i have talked to my recruiter but, he has not actually been in a related MOS and therefore I feel his information could be bias, untrue, or certain things left out.

We don't answer "what do you do on a daily basis" questions because it is too general. We'll give you a general answer: you'll clean sh_t. That goes for every MOS.

Do some more searching. This question has been answered and asking it again will not yield different answers.

The information i already entered is from doing the research. Yes, cleaning **** is definitely a con. But, the answer i am really looking for is how much cleaning? i understand a daily basis would be too general, due to different times and needs. I just want to know what other Combat Engineers did in their recent days. I am very undecided on my MOS. Its kind of depressing. I want to do something I have interest in and something i can be the best at.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Really doesn't matter what your MOS is.......................you'll spend a lot of time cleaning $h!t.

Quote Originally Posted by Marine84 View Post
    Really doesn't matter what your MOS is.......................you'll spend a lot of time cleaning $h!t.
    And that comes after you finish picking it up.......

Quote Originally Posted by Marine84 View Post
    So what then. How is that going to help me make a decision? I am always going to do what it takes. I am not going to stop becoming a Marine because i have to clean.

It's like this, the Corps will decide what your talents are best used for. First earn the title MARINE, you can always attend classes and try to change your MOS later.

You may wholly depend on the fact that the Marine Corps will test you, figure what you have the apptitude for and then assign you to a totally unrelated field of endeavor. And despite that- IF you are to actually become a Marine and IF you actually make it through your entire enlistment, then you will either sign up for more or leave the Corps knowing that whatever you do for the rest of your life, at one time you were the absolute best in the world at something. And if all else fails you'll be good at cleaning $h!t and you can always fall back on that- design a new remote controlled buffer or automatic mop or some $h!t.

lol cmdr I like your post. You know whats up. Yea I came down to the decision of becoming a combat engineer. i was thinking of repairing UAV's but ill stick with 1371. The only doubt I really had is that i did not want to become a construction worker in life but I now realize there are other things in life that require similar combat engineer skills and training.. Well i think lol. Thanks everyone. See ya on the other side.

Thread Information