This Is The Best Video Out About The Marines. You Cant Beat This So Dont Even Try
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This Is The Best Video Out About The Marines. You Cant Beat This So Dont Even Try

Last edited by jinelson; 08-08-08 at 11:14 AM.

Gah... I was watching that so intently. Talked about being ****ed when it was over.

Does anyone know if that program is for sale on dvd?

Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Yes it is, I don't remember what it is called but it is by PBS.

No **** poolees, honest to God, this video got me through boot, ITB/MRP, MCT, MOS school, and thank you for bringing it back to me as I'm now in the fleet. Its called The Marines by PBS. Its avaible for sale on DVD

Just that first "Marines are different...." freakin motivates the begeesus outta me! YUTTT!!

If you watch the entire video, the ending is actually more moto than the beginning. They had it playing on repeat at the New River Airstation MCX for a few months while I was there.

Seriously, if you make it, you will see. The other branches sort of view us as a joke, they dont doubt our abilities to kill. They just think we're kind of retarded the way we're so into the "Corps". Other branches are on first name basis's and stuff like that. I've been told by Navy officers "Haha, you dont need to salute" and her friend said "But he's a Marine, they salute everything".

You will see it all, I'm telling you. Everything this video says is absolutely true. Everything.

I want it.... I'm gonna download it.... err buy it.

Credits
    Savings
    just orderd it from amazon.com for 11$ and orderd "Making Marines" for 6$

I prefer books.... more information in them.

well I found it at this site here.... PBS - The Marines.... so uh yeah.... buy it.

Poolies- answer 2 questions. Are you ready? and Are you worthy? Thanks for the post soldier Gboii. I am the only former Marine in my workplace and after I watched this everyone ran for cover.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by LuDog View Post
    just orderd it from amazon.com for 11$ and orderd "Making Marines" for 6$
    I've seen Making Marines twice (I know, I'm a dork, can't even join so gotta live vicariously through them) and gave it as a birthday gift to a friend who is shipping 9/8.

Haven't seen the PBS special so it looks like I'll be ordering it from Amazon. Thanks for the tip.

Ears Open, Eyeballs Click, of course, is another classic from what I hear. I've also watched that one twice.

Another friend of mine, his baby bro is at MCRD SD, and I sent him to the EOEC link I found and he was blown away. He's been hearing about boot camp via letters from his brother (who just entered third phase down there in Hollywood) but I think it makes a bigger impact when us nasty civilians who support you poolees and recruits to see this stuff in moving pictures with sound.

Quote Originally Posted by quillhill View Post
    Ears Open, Eyeballs Click, of course, is another classic from what I hear. I've also watched that one twice.
    I hated Ears Open, Eyeballs Click. It was very........... dry.

Quote Originally Posted by DGardner View Post
    I hated Ears Open, Eyeballs Click. It was very........... dry.
    Yeah, I agree it wasn't the best movie I've ever seen. It was alright though.

it was dry in order to not scare timid recruits.

if they showed the real stuff.... well lets just say DI would be out of buisness due to being exposed to "hazing" and then no one would "want" to join...... well maybe they would.... I did.

Thread Information