Marine or not? - Page 3
Create Post
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Marine or not?

uh, when I went through boot camp we had a guy hobble through the last phase with a fractured shin... he didn't make the med screening for the crucible so they dropped him to the med platoon... if after the crucible you got hurt... or during but you sucked it up... they put you in that platoon of "basically trained" Marines who do working parties on the island, and when they either get fixed they goto MOS school or if they get sep'd they were still Marines. and get a discharge all the same.

so there is a defined day in training that you are officially a Marine, this is why it's 13 weeks of boot camp and 12 weeks of training... now if they change that to the last day of boot camp, then that's all together a different story.

I graduated boot camp in August of 2007. You are a Marine when you get back from the Crucible and your drill instructor hands you your eagle, globe, and anchor, and looks you in the eye, shakes your hand, and says "Well done, Marine."

The EGA's are handed out after the Crucible, which is a week before graduation. The last week is Marine Week, which is when a lot of admin issues are taken care of, gear is given back, and classes are held, such as finances and stuff like that. There's also a lot of graduation practice.

But to answer your question...it sucks that he got injured at boot camp...but if he didn't make that death-defying march back from Page Field (I think that's the name of it) and receive his EGA, he's not a Marine.

Can somewhere here tell me a good forum to ask questions about the USMC. I am joining soon and would like to ask a few questions.

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyblood View Post
    Can somewhere here tell me a good forum to ask questions about the USMC. I am joining soon and would like to ask a few questions.
    Head over to the poolee hall or the Ask a Marine forum.

Credits
    Savings
    Images

Talking Hey Staff Sgt.Robertson Rememer Me ????????????

I STILL WASN'T SURE,TILL THE BUSES LEFT THE GATE;AT PARRIS ISLAND.I WAS THE HOUSE MOUSE FOR PLT.307,I LEFT A GIFT 4MY SENIOR D.I. I CHIT IN A BAG;THAT MORNING AND PUT THEM TURD'S IN HIS COMBAT BOOT'S I HAD SPIT SHINED 4HIM.WAS REALLY WORRIED UNTIL THE M.P. WAVED THE BUSES THROUGH THE GATE

hahaha, you were the house mouse!!! awesome!

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Fist the house mouse ,,,,,,, I am sure with big friggin teeth. Go tease the mouse,,,,,, If you have a death wish. SF, Fist.

I meant that it was awesome that he did that as the house mouse... I was laughing so hard I didn't bother to re-read the post.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    ONCE HE SAW MY SPITSHINE,WHICH I HAD BEEN DOING FOR YEARS ON MY PAPA'S BOOTS HE WAS A LIFER;MY D.I.'S WERE IMPRESSED.SO HOUSE MOUSE IT WAS FOR JACKIE BOY!!!

Tell this boy to find another fantasy to live in. He was separated for medical reasons. No graduation=not a Marine, period.

Thread Information