NEED HELP on reenlistment bonus......
Create Post

Exclamation NEED HELP on reenlistment bonus......

I have a bit of a problem with getting my reenlistment bonus that I just dont understand. I reenlisted for a lat-move. Right before my school I was medically disqualified. I got reclassed back to my original MOS and they say I dont rate my reenlistment bonus. I am going back to a victor unit and will be deploying. What I dont understand is that I didnt quit, drop out, or fail the school. I just couldnt go because of a medical problem and will still be fullfilling my 2nd enlistment as a grunt. Apparently I should also rate an opfor bonus too because Im going to a victor unit but im not sure. If anyone can give me advice on this I would appreciate it...................im also new to this site so I hope I am posting this in the right place.

If your reenlistment bonus was predicated soley on you being able to make that lat move and not just on the fact you were reenlisting then regardless of the reasons behind you not being able to complete the school for that lat move and therefore not being able to make the move then you would no longer rate the bonus. If it was simply a bonus to reenlist then you should rate it and would just need to run that up your chain. Not sure about the opfor bonus.

Quote Originally Posted by maverickmarine View Post
    If your reenlistment bonus was predicated soley on you being able to make that lat move and not just on the fact you were reenlisting then regardless of the reasons behind you not being able to complete the school for that lat move and therefore not being able to make the move then you would no longer rate the bonus. If it was simply a bonus to reenlist then you should rate it and would just need to run that up your chain. Not sure about the opfor bonus.
    When you reenlist for latmove I relize you give up your old bonus but I am a case by case basis. Others have been in the same situation and have gotten their bonus.

Well brother, it's been a while for me but if what you say is true then your best option is to run it up your chain. Maybe other Marines on here will be able to give you better direction.

Yeah thats what I plan to do. Im waiting for more info on why I dont rate it. The SgtMaj is aware...

Good to go. Good luck with it.

how it works from what i understand

They way it works from what I know is that you reenlisted to do that mos and were given a bonus based on that. Considering the fact that you are not fit for that mos you DO NOT rate a bonus because you did not fullfill the terms on which you were to be given that bonus. The fact that you got sent to a victor unit you DO NOT rate that bonus because you did not reenlist to go there, simply it wasn't in your contract to recieve said bonus. What it comes down to is that you don't rate a bonus because you are not serving in the mos for which you were to be given a bonus. From what I understand, you don't get a bonus.

Quote Originally Posted by gingie View Post
    They way it works from what I know is that you reenlisted to do that mos and were given a bonus based on that. Considering the fact that you are not fit for that mos you DO NOT rate a bonus because you did not fullfill the terms on which you were to be given that bonus. The fact that you got sent to a victor unit you DO NOT rate that bonus because you did not reenlist to go there, simply it wasn't in your contract to recieve said bonus. What it comes down to is that you don't rate a bonus because you are not serving in the mos for which you were to be given a bonus. From what I understand, you don't get a bonus.
    I am aware of that. I just think its complete BS because its not my fault that I couldnt go to the school for my latmove. Every other 2nd termer on my left and right at my new unit should have got their bonus. This is why people get out. I will fight the MC to the death on this.

Thread Information