My Two Days at MEPS
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

My Two Days at MEPS

I just got back from the MEPS station at Ft. Lee in Richmond, Virginia. I am kind of dissapointed, but at the same time I cannot be anymore excited. I am dissapointed because I have to go back again for an orthopedic consultation, but at the same time I finally made weight. For being 5'5'' my max weight was 185 pounds. I weighed in this morning at 184. Exactly two years ago I weighed in at 290 pounds. To date that makes 106 pounds that I have lost. Hopefully in the next coming days, I will be able to go back and have my consultation for my knee surgery. After that I will be able to enlist into the Marine Corps. I know that this is not a very fact informing thread, but I wanted to let some of the people who support me know that I appreciate all the motivation. Thanks a lot Leatherneck.com

Hey Steve,you're doing great.
    Keep up the good work at losing weight....So you're eating at Subways now?
    Everything WILL go okay with your knee..
    Think positive son,you'll do fine......

Very good to hear man. So in a few days you'll be a poolee just like us.

Thats a ton of weight to lose, great job. Keep that motivation up and you will have no problem at bootcamp!

-LCPL Penfold

That's motivating right there. Keep your head up and never give up on your goals. Grat job!

Hey Pinoytib-

First, congrats on your weight loss. That's awesome you're worked so hard for your goal.

Second, I wouldn't worry too much about your surgery. I just dep'd in 7 days ago at the same MEPS. Honestly, the people there are all pretty nice and despite what you've heard--they're not going to try their best to dq you. Most of the doctors just wanted to get us going through the physical part as quickly as possible and get on with their job.

You'll be a poolee soon enough. Good Luck!

Thanks everyone and no ecfree, I am not eating at subway. I make my own food. Jared has come a long way too, but he is not the kind of skinny I want to be. I want to be ripped. Jared is "skinny fat." LOL

Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    haha skinny fat that is great man, congrats on the weight loss keep the motto, ive lost about 15 lbs last month got another 20-30 to be at my prime fighting weight by octoberish.

Right on Steve! hurry up and go back there so we can PT together at the office next week!!

Man, my two days at MEPs was exhausting. Even though you didn't do anything but stand and/or sit around. But, like my dad told me before I went, and the same is in RT from what I hear, you just gotta "Hurry up and wait."

The people at your MEPs where nice? I went to the one in Charlotte and those people were LOOKING to DQ anyone they could lol. None of them seemed happy at all. Maybe the fact that I was tired made me a little cranky and made me see things from a different light, idk lol

Semper-1775-Fi
    Guest Free Member
    Keep it up, there is a kid i pool with who is just like you, lost a whole lot of weight in the DEP program, he will be shipping off in a few weeks now i believe.
    Best of luck to you.
    Oh ya, HAHA, I absolutely understand your MEPS encounter, I was there for 13 hours because my parents divorce papers got lost or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Garrett90 View Post
    The people at your MEPs where nice? I went to the one in Charlotte and those people were LOOKING to DQ anyone they could lol.
    I believe that is there job. Those people at MEPS catch a lot of s***. I'll be honest though, I admire what they do. A lot of people complain about their time at MEPS but imagine being there and dealing with s***bags 5 days a week. The people I encountered at MEPS seemed to have some sense of pride for what they do, which is very respectful.

Semper-1775-Fi
    Guest Free Member
    You've brought up a good point Jdn. Thinking that way, I don't understand how they put up with it.

I'm looking at your myspace picture from your profile and I want to know if that is an US Air Force shirt?

Thread Information