Another new Marine !!!!
Create Post
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Another new Marine !!!!

Charlie Crucible is done.....My son is now Pfc. Warden !!! A US Marine !!!! Dave

Marine Family Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    outstanding dave!!!!next week this time you will be on your way home listening to bootcamp stories.very entertaining,beleive me.
    keith

Credits
    Savings
    Congrats and welcome to the family of Marine Parents!

Enjoy his boot leave - and be prepared for Yes Sir - No Sir - Yes Ma'am - No Ma'am - new manners - a fetish for cleaning and straightening, among others.

Simple hint for getting him out of bed if he is not up on time - Open the bedroom door - reach in and turn on the light - and stand back - He will be up, at attention and totally awake. Do course, if you are standing next to the bed - you may be on the floor, lol.

Last time I checked you are not a Marine until you walk across that parade deck and your DI "dismisses" you insted of saying "fall out".

Quote Originally Posted by jarheadlady View Post
    Last time I checked you are not a Marine until you walk across that parade deck and your DI "dismisses" you insted of saying "fall out".
    congrats to the new devil dog.

Marine Family Free Member ScottsMom's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Congratulations!! Welcome to the Family!!

Dave, Congratulations! Go put those storks on your front lawn that say "It's a Devil Dog!"

Credits
    Savings
    Congratulations, Papa Warden.
    Just as your son will never forget this moment neither will you. Try to keep in touch with him during his time in the Marine Corps as often as you can. E-mails are great but a tangible object, like a package with homemade goodies etc., will do wonders but you already knew that. LOL Utilize the internet to keep track of your son's activities through official Marine Corps, Navy and Department of Defense websites. Once again, congratulations.
    Thanks for the good news.
    Gary

Credits
    Savings
    Ooops, sorry about the tying error Papa Wardey.

Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    So proud Papa Wardey is probably at Recruit Depot picking up his new Marine today, huh?

I've been reading his posts since his son left. I can't believe it.

Congrats, proud Papa and to your new Marine. Thank your son for his service from the bottom of my heart. He's doing what I can't.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Good to see you Kris, your still the only journalist I trust. Shawn just got back from Washington D.C., just some exams at Bethesna then good chow and the Marine Corps Muesium with marinemom and GySgtRet. Ed and Pat ya'll are what this site is all about Marine's helping Marine's.

Jim

Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    That's high praise, Jim, thanks.

I follow all these devil pups heading out either if it's their posts in Poolee Hall or their parents' journey here in this section. Believe it or not, I read the site daily, but I've come to lurk. It reminds me about the good, about the things I believe in and support, personally and professionally.

Every day posts like Wardey's bring a smile to my face and I need at least one happy moment daily.

Can't wait to hear about the new Marine!

And I am glad Shawn got to travel back out to D.C. I sent him an e-mail recently to check up on him.

We're hoping to get out the the Richmond/D.C. area next spring.

OK, I don't want to hijack the thread, it belongs to the proud pop and his new Devil Dog. Woo!

"Simple hint for getting him out of bed if he is not up on time - Open the bedroom door - reach in and turn on the light - and stand back - He will be up, at attention and totally awake."

That's not bad MarineMom, but here is something to add that my Dad did to me. Wait a few days, because initially he'll be up before you, then at the same time you hit the lights throw in a metal garbage can. Next thing you know he will be locked at attention at the foot of his rack. Congrats Dad

I got one too! PFC WEM! OOOOH RAH!

Quote Originally Posted by jarheadlady View Post
    Recruits are officially recognized as Marines when they successfully return from the Crucible.

Thread Information