This Is The Best Video Out About The Marines. You Cant Beat This So Dont Even Try - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I'm a former Army soldier as many already know, so take a look at some of these other documentary's.http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/badvoodoo/ There are also many other videos such as Marine roe. Frontline in my opinion is the best source for world events.

I hated Ears Open, at least the way they edited it, you couldn't hear what was being said in some scenes because of the music and ****. But I saw a good portion of The Marines a while ago on PBS, my favorite part is when the Col. is basically dragging the OCS guys through the mud in the O Course, that was awesome lol. But after watching it, it makes you look at the Marines around you or Marines you know and you can tell who really loves the Corps and who is just a ****ing liar.

Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by DGardner View Post
    I hated Ears Open, Eyeballs Click. It was very........... dry.
    That's OK. I think that's why people keep making documentaries about Marine Corps recruit training — everyone has a different way of presenting it. I enjoyed it for its stripped down nature but I wouldn't limit myself to that single perspective. It's just one part of a collective representation of the experience for the uninitiated.

As a journalist, I can imagine how difficult it must be to attempt to take weeks of footage and distill it into a long form documentary, that would be quite a challenge.

Still informative, albeit imperfect.

Do you have a favorite recruit training documentary that you would suggest?

I remember watching this in the barracks sometime i think in MOS. Its funny because the senior from the deck above my platoon is one of the major contributers. Our platoons where close because my SDI and him where close they where in the same platoon up till SSGT Sino picked up as a SDI. Guy had a big effect on me.

effect and affect are pronounced almost the same way but mean different things... I think you got them mixed up.

I liked ears open eyeballs click. It was pretty funny. Just ordered the "Marines" on amazon. 15 bucks.

Just a little info for you all. Brigadier General Tryon in that video, is now Major General Tryon and just became the Commanding General of the 2D MARDIV

I like 'Ears Open, Eyeballs Click, only for the reason that a lot of you are saying you didn't like it. I would still be going regardless if they show it "unedited". But if they were to show everything that went down at RT, then a lot of people that think they want to join the Marines would think they couldn't handle it and then not sign up. But that video was also good. Nice post.

Thread Information