So Poolees, you think you know whats what huh? - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    **** you can hear Reveille on Lejeune. Get your ass out of the 7 day store at 0800 and you would have heard it. Hell I have heard it on Camp Wilson. You can hear it anywhere as long as your not inside of a damn building. Sounds like your a Colors dodger to me. Too proud to salute or somethin' devil?

I resent being called a colors dodger and "devil", especially when it sounds like you're the one who's misunderstanding us corporal.

What I am referring to as "reveille" is this http://bands.army.mil/music/bugle/calls/reveille.mp3

Its used to wake soldiers/Marines up way before dawn and isn't associated with raising a flag at all, unless they somehow do it at the traffic circle at 0500 now?

Achped, you wouldnt know a real Marine Corps base if it came up and bit you in the as*. We are all Marines, grunts and wingers. When you put another few on your sleeve come play with the big dogs, until then stay on the porch puppy.

I just like giving people a hard time, thats all gunny. To be 100% honest I WISH I was on an airwinger base...like I told Marine84 earlier today, I drove by the armory for the wingers here on K-bay on friday and like every single Marine cleaning their weapon was a girl! It was incredible, I almost crashed my car into oncoming traffic checking those babes out. They were hot girls too! Not like the motor t diesel mech's or butch admin chicks that I'm used to seeing.

Damnit! What the hell why am I always talking about girls?!??!

Quote Originally Posted by Achped View Post
    I resent being called a colors dodger and "devil", especially when it sounds like you're the one who's misunderstanding us corporal.
    So its ok for a Lance Criminal to call an NCO devil dog but an NCO can't call you devil? Might want to check that collar.

I just like giving people a hard time, thats all gunny. To be 100% honest I WISH I was on an airwinger base...like I told Marine84 earlier today, I drove by the armory for the wingers here on K-bay on friday and like every single Marine cleaning their weapon was a girl! It was incredible, I almost crashed my car into oncoming traffic checking those babes out. They were hot girls too! Not like the motor t diesel mech's or butch admin chicks that I'm used to seeing.

Damnit! What the hell why am I always talking about girls?!??!
    You are a ****ing idiot! Devil.

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by BR34 View Post
    You are a ****ing idiot! Devil.
    Jeez, where have I heard that before? Oh yeah, I have said it before.

Grow up Boy!

What I am referring to as "reveille" is this http://bands.army.mil/music/bugle/calls/reveille.mp3

Its used to wake soldiers/Marines up way before dawn and isn't associated with raising a flag at all, unless they somehow do it at the traffic circle at 0500 now?
    you just hit a nerve with that demand MARINE!!! How in the Fcuk can you say that you resent being called devil?!!!! MARINE, let me tell you something, it isn't the word that is used it's the way it is used... I will ****ing call you a devil, devil dog, devil pup, double D, or any other variation of the word that has been EARNED!!!! by Marines way before you parents were born!!!!! I resent you sayin that being called DEVIL is a dishonor!!!!! I have and will always enjoy being called devil or devil dog!

I swear if you post anything as ignorant as that again I will have your ass.

You are a Lance Corperal not the Comandant of the Marine Corps. How dare you attempt to mess with the customs and traditions of the Marine Corps...

あわり

Roger that SSgt, my mistake.

Hey Marines,this post was put on here for the poolees ,not us.
    I'm not stickin up for Achped,but let it be ....
    This is Poolee Hall.

and they learned something important from my response about responding negatively to being called devil dog... I think they got something good out of that.

but I digress, you are correct. SSgt P, out.

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by Sgt Petzold View Post
    I swear if you post anything as ignorant as that again I will have your ass. You are a Lance Corperal not the Comandant of the Marine Corps. How dare you attempt to mess with the customs and traditions of the Marine Corps... あわり

... and again, here it comes again!!

... that was a pet pev of mine there AL, I'll explain to you because you don't understand my justification to that highlighted comment I made.

How is it a LCpl is capable of telling those senior to him that he doesn't want to be called a Honorific? Maybe next he will not want to be called Marine because the way it's used... Hey Cpl, I don't like the way you just called me Marine... I don't want you to call me that anymore.

This was a big debate a few months ago in the Marine Corps Times and I have to say that by you excluding the rest of my statement about where the term Devil Dog originated leaves out the justification for the rest of that comment.

so hopefully you understand why he made an ignorant post and you can understand why he shouldn't mess with tradition. Semper Fi AL

Thread Information