My problems and determination - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Suck it up, leave your pity party and find something constructive to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Achped View Post
    Its not the Marine Corps giving you a ribbon, its the military in general. Everyone on active duty and in the reserves rates the NDSM, and most in the FMF rate the GWOT.

Don't worry SSgt, I'll get my sea service, Iraqi campaign, and good cookie soon enough.

I have, I really have. I learned to not let females f*** with your head. I'm the mofuggin shark around these parts and there are plenty of fish for me to enjoy. Just gotta be safe and stay away from the Japanese shark fishermen who bring their fish with them to Hawai'i!
    and that's part of the problem... everyone's getting it. That's why when they aren't handing it out, every medal we earn.... we earned.

I'm waiting for you to make that happen by the way (your medals and ribbons that it).

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Achped View Post
    I'm the mofuggin shark around these parts and there are plenty of fish for me to enjoy. Just gotta be safe and stay away from the Japanese shark fishermen who bring their fish with them to Hawai'i!
    Doofus, that would be way toooooooo crazy - they would either be Daddy's, Brothers or pimps to some and you DO NOT want a run in with either one.

Quote Originally Posted by Esprit View Post
    So I went to Parris Island did some training and they found out I had mono, I was sick and they sent me home. I loved training and always wanted to be a Marine. I found everything not easy, but fun...I simply loved it. I was put in EHP and that killed my motivation and I hated the Marine...I wanted to go home...if your kept there long enough it breaks you down mentally for anybody who has been there longer than 2 weeks. Now im home and I can't take it. All I want to do is go back and complete training...I can't take being back and im going crazy right now, its all I think about and im heavily depressed, badly. I just want to be in the military, and serve and do it in the Marines. Life sucks right now. Please give me some info on how to cope I need it. I know ill eventually go back but I have to wait.

Esprit,
    A great Marine Corporal recently told me, "When your days are darkest, it's often these lessons and experiences that will pull you through, and make you dig deeper than you ever knew you could to continue towards success."

I’m in the same boat as you, but my knee is limiting me from even having a recruiter try to work with me…you have a great opportunity to get well, go back & show everyone what you are made of! I think you should really think about that & realize the true test of a man is not how much he can easily accomplish, it is what a man can accomplish once he’s been knocked down. The fight isn’t over until you give-up on yourself, regardless of what everyone else thinks/says. If I took ½ of what people say about me & my struggle to go back in, I would have given up a long time ago. You need to dig deep & fight with everything you have to prove that you will be a Marine!

In life, there are struggles, and without them there would be no progress, right?!? Consider this your lesson on struggles & personal strength. The Marine Corps & the Corpsman don’t care that you’re back home as civilian, they don’t care that you didn’t earn that title…but I know you do, shoot after 3 years I still do. I don’t know about you but for the longest time, I hated the Corpsman & doctors for sending me home…I was so busy trying to blame others for my misfortune; that I lost sight of what I really wanted. Once, you get passed that feeling sorry for yourself stage your mindset will turn to desire. Take that anger you have for going home & use it to fuel your motivation to return to boot & come home a Marine in those Blues!

Like I said before, I was in FRP for 137 days…I know what you mean about the motivation, but YOU joined the Marines for hopes of being different. My FRP Kill Hat said it best before she took me to RSP, “The Island only wins if you let it; come back tougher, stronger & earn that title that you should have today. Don’t loose that fire that you had the day you enlisted, because that’s what the Marines we need.” So don’t let yourself turn into ‘that guy’ who “shoulda, coulda, woulda been a Marine but”…Motivation comes from within, you need to remember why you enlisted & keep that in your heart…

If you need to talk feel free to hit me up,
    Vanessa-Rose

Marine Friend Free Member NicholasITALY's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    OMFG i'm here in ITALY doing THE BEST I CAN DO, working for save some money + study for the diploma for move to the United States and then join the United States Marine Corps and I read that kind of stuff??!

POOLEE GET YOUR A$$ BACK ON THE FOOT PRINTS! YOU CANNOT GIVE UP RIGHT NOW, YOU CAAAAAAAANT!!!!!!!!!
    DO YOU WANT TO REGRET THIS MOMENT FOR THE REST OF YOUR LIFE!???!!!!! DO YOU?!?! MOVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!

Thread Information