Worries...
Create Post

Thread: Worries...

Worries...

Marines, for a long time I thought I knew that the Corps was what I wanted to do. But recently, I've been looking a lot into PTSD, and major injuries. My parents don't want me to join for that very reason, and to be honest, it kind of scares me, the idea of being crippled, physically or mentally, for life. I know it doesn't happen to everyone, but it does to some. One report said 1 out of 6 people returning from Iraq suffered from PTSD. Can anyone give me any advice or guidance, or anything I can use to keep my parents from worrying so much, and to calm my own fears about this?

Thanks a lot Marines.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    OH GOD! You AND your folks need to take a chill pill and forget about it. If you're that scared, stay home!

That's kind of what I figured out by looking around and thinking a bit after I posted. Yay, I feel like a dunce.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Do you know the cost of really giving? Marines know. Do you know the price of sacrafice? Marines know. Tell your parents they can go to the mall without speaking japanise, and thank a Marine.

Forget about it kid,"The Corps" is not for you.
    Try the chair force or harmy,they'll take care of mommy's boy.......

Some info to read about PTSD:
    http://www.ncptsd.va.gov/ncmain/index.jsp

PTSD numbers you see are usually lower as some cases go unreported. PTSD is a serious problem and the Marine Corps has a program established to help with it. But the call is up to you.

Quote Originally Posted by ecfree View Post
    Forget about it kid,"The Corps" is not for you.
    Try the chair force or harmy,they'll take care of mommy's boy.......

I totally agree Ecfree!!!

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by 101matt1 View Post
    Marines, for a long time I thought I knew that the Corps was what I wanted to do. But recently, I've been looking a lot into PTSD, and major injuries. My parents don't want me to join for that very reason, and to be honest, it kind of scares me, the idea of being crippled, physically or mentally, for life. I know it doesn't happen to everyone, but it does to some. One report said 1 out of 6 people returning from Iraq suffered from PTSD. Can anyone give me any advice or guidance, or anything I can use to keep my parents from worrying so much, and to calm my own fears about this?

Thanks a lot Marines.
    According to the American Medical Assosiation, 1 out of 3 males in America will have prostate problems! Does she want you to have yours removed, just in case? Maybe just shut down all drinking establishments, so you won't be involved in a crash with a DUI driver! The odds, in this country, of having prostate cancer, or getting hit by a drunk driver are better than the odds in combat!

At least you will be trained to defend yourself by the best USMC trainers in the world, in that War over there! There is no preperation for what may happen on the streets of your hometown!

I do have a question for you, how many people, in your family, are going with your to Boot Camp? That's what I thought, so make your mind up for what is best for yourself!

Good luck

Dave

Thanks Marines. I appreciate it. Davblay, haven't thought about it like that. Makes sense.

Sorry for the trouble Marines. Shoulda thought it over a bit more before posting.

Thanks Marines. I appreciate it. Davblay, haven't thought about it like that. Makes sense.

Sorry for the trouble Marines. Shoulda thought it over a bit more before posting.

Thats why you need to go next door to the other recruiter... you dont think.

Credits
    Savings

No such thing as a stupid question...yes you probably could guess the average answer from Marines.

No matter how careful you are in your life, this world will have it's way with you. So, are you going to let fear run your life for you and make all of your decisions? Life is not given to be wasted. Make your's worth as much as you can. Or, hide in a box until someone takes it away anyway.

C

Thread Information