Tickets for leave
Create Post

Tickets for leave

When our son graduates he wants to fly home for leave... can he purchase tickets while he is at Boot Camp online somwhere or ask the Marine travel agent to do it, or should we do it for him? He says he will get reimbursed for the flight back. Is this correct?

Thank you!

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    When he gets to his first duty station or before he will go fill out a travel voucher,and turn that in that dispering where he will get his money refunded to him, But he must file for that, it i not autmatic! Have him keep his reciepts from his travel for meals and such, taxi cabs and things like that! Hell I used to get my low quarters spit shined in the Bus station or Airport and get reffunded for that to! Oh yeah even if you pay someone to press your uniform while you wait to report in. When you are traveling on orders, they take care of you, but you have to ask for it, it ain't atomatic. So either file for and get it back or not file and loose it all! Your choice!

Semper Fi,

Dave

He will go see a travel agent that will help him arrange his travel plans. The flight to SOI will be reimbursed eventually (I had to wait for my first duty station - not a student). Make sure he saves the receipts: infact, keep a copy for yourself in case he loses it.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Recruits it is automatic to get marched to the SATO office a week or so before graduation. Not necessary to declare that you want to fly home for leave. Everything will be handled and a plane ticket arranged.

Wow thank you everyone! You all are so helpful! August 15 here we come!

xoxo

Greyhound was the other option available for around 100.

Quote Originally Posted by PTurchan View Post
    Greyhound was the other option available for around 100.
    Screw that! I took the greyhound from Phila. to Jville for MCT and that really, really sucked. I got reembursed travel expenses 3 years after the fact. And Terri, They'll clear that stuff up with him (flying home and getting back to MCT) before he leaves Boot Camp. Very important to tell him to keep any receipts he gets for his own expenses...

Also, if you want your son to fly on the same flight as you on the way home, send him a copy of YOUR itinarary ASAP (as in now) so he can show it to his SDI. The travel office will attemp to get him on the same flight as you. But he must have proof of your flights.

I didn't have to show my SDI my girlfriends itinerary nor the travel agency. Just told them the flights.

My son went to PI and had to show that information to travel

Thread Information