Graduated July 18th. 2nd Bn. F Co.
Create Post

Graduated July 18th. 2nd Bn. F Co.

Once You meet your training drill instructors (not your recieving drill instructors) always take the initiative to get things done. If you just got finished eating your box chows, get a bag and throw them away. They will see it and you will have a good time if you follow JJ DID TIE BUCKLE. =]
    Score a 300 on the PFT, shoot expert and you might get LCpl right out of bootcamp.

So you just graduated? Congrats. Who were your drill instructors?

I'm hoping I can really do good good at Boot, just because I want to become a scout sniper so badly. I believe it requires a 300 on the PFT and expert at rifle shooting.
    anyways,,,

Great job on earning the title Marine.

Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    I thought scout sniper need a 1st class PFT not a perfect pft?

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    It's a 1st class PFT, not perfect score for Marine Sniper.

Credits
    Savings
    Not one myself, but there is a whole hell of a lot more to being a sniper. I am only familiar with the Battalion SSP's, but the indoc varies widely. You will need to check in with your unit and then go from there. I'm sure there are other ways to go about it, but from what I've seen you'll need more than 1st class and expert. They usually involve a swim test, back to back PFT, and other fun stuff. It's not the skills they look for- it's heart. One step at a time, man...

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    From what I have read online, the best route to follow if you REALLY want to be a Marine sniper is go in as Infantry, then attempt to "tryout" for recon. Once your in recon, your chances of getting Marine Sniper increase a lot more.

Credits
    Savings
    From Recon, they might send you to a school but you won't be a sniper. Scout Sniper is not just a HSLD straight shootin son of a gun. SSP often called STAP for a reason...

Credits
    Savings
    Blog Entries
    they are giving out lcpl right out of bootcamp now? wtf? seriously, im tired of how lax bootcamp has become. i mean seriously when i went through if you werent a pfc and you scored a 300, and shot expert, and you were the guide, you got promoted to pfc, but if you were already a pfc then you didnt get ****. but thats just me. and i graduated over a year ago.

Credits
    Savings
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rev3ngE View Post
    From what I have read online, the best route to follow if you REALLY want to be a Marine sniper is go in as Infantry, then attempt to "tryout" for recon. Once your in recon, your chances of getting Marine Sniper increase a lot more.
    hey bro, listen to a guy who went through ITB (Infantry School) beleive me if you really want to be a scout sniper dont try out for recon. recon marines are really messed up in the head. my older brother was a recon marine, and my oldest brother was a scout sniper. you have to go throught infantry training battalion before you get even looked at for s/s. but recon guys dont get looked at for stap (sniper target acquisition platoon) because of their billet. recon, scout sniper, force recon they are all secondary MOS's.

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by avenger08 View Post
    stap (sniper target acquisition platoon)
    I don't know, bro. Out here (any pretty much anywhere else) the S stands for surveillance..Who knows?

Thread Information