Weight Loss Woes! - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Losing weight too fast isn't a good thing think about the lean muscle you are losing which is hurting you in the long run which is hard to get back.

Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    pop a laxative and fast for two days, intaking nothing but water, if you have to get under a certain weight, but if you have to do anything physical at the same time, and not just be a certain weight, it's no good because you won't have any energy.

Quote Originally Posted by Integrity57 View Post
    I had the same problem RoundSound, but what I did was cut all fast-food, soda, snacks, junk and all the other **** out of my diet to begin with, along with hitting the gym for at least an hour a day, 5 days a week. But what really made me good to go was my recruiter gave me 3 day, 10 pound cut diet and hit the elliptical for 2 hours a day for those 3 days, once in the morning and once in the evening, making sure to wear sweats like a hoodie and some pants. The diet sucks ass becuz you can't eat much but it will cut the weight, no doubt. Also you said you just started dieting, so once you get accustomed to the diet the pounds will start falling off.
    Dang, I like how all of you recruiters gave you stuff to loose weight. Mine just worked me and worked me and worked me until I was down to my weight. Oh and I had to loose 11lbs in one day. Probably the worst day of my life so far, but all of the weight has stayed off and I have been loosing every week.
    Just keep it up and do a work out at the same amount of reps a week and when it feels like its getting easy, bump it up so its really hard. Thats the best way to build strength and stamina.

Well, here's a breakdown of my progress:

I've lost a pound.

I tried the juice diet crap. All it did was starve me until I wanted to die. I managed to lose two or three pounds after those two days, but I got it right back. And I still appear to be getting it back.

It is VERY frustrating. I PT rigorously. I don't snack - PERIOD. I run one mile, every single night, after a thorough session of resistance training - all kinds of pushups, (modified) pullups, squats, thrusts, squat thrusts, lunges, etc., etc.

I have heard that a good method for weight loss is to eat six small meals a day. I'd really love to, but I don't have that kind of time. I work from 16:00 to 21:00 four days a week straight (Mon - Thurs), and then from 08:00 to 14:00 on Saturdays, with no breaks to eat. So this method is great for people that have the time to be able to implement it, but I simply don't. I get to eat two meals a day, if I'm lucky.

So I need help.

I'm tired of looking online for weight loss programs to prepare for bootcamp, and only getting IST minimums and general ideas of what I should be doing - I want a specific diet and PT program that includes everything I should eat and when, and all of the exercises I should do and when. Not just tips and suggestions - instructions! I want nothing left to doubt, and nothing I can foul up on if I follow directions to a T.

I think the reason for my lack of results is that the instructions I've been following have been too general, and are left to me - an inexperienced teenager with no idea of how to implement diet and exercise to lose weight - to figure out on my own. I've read "weight loss programs" online that only tell me to "Combine regular cardio and resistance training with a healthy diet." Well, that's fine to just say, but I have no idea how much I need and when, so I just end up combining what I feel should be adequate, and winging it. I just want a specific instructional guideline on EXACTLY what to do, when to do it, and how much to do it, to lose weight.

So can anyone help me? Sorry if I've been moaning and groaning, but I'm becoming very frustrated with my lack of results, and I need help. My dream is at stake.

Sorry to hear all that Sir Round. Cheer up though, I'm having the same issue as you. I jumped from 182 back to 189, which is what I weighed at MEPS. How? I have no idea.

Apparently that Hydroxycut stuff I have been taking only removes water weight from your muscles and stuff, so it effectively does nothing.

As for the six meals, they aren't really full meals. Say, for example, for breakfast have an egg white omelet, or some cereal like Cheerios or somethin. Then a few hours later have some yogurt, or an apple. For lunch, have a salad, or a wrap, or some tuna. In the afternoon, another light snack. Then for dinner, eat a normal-sized healthy meal, have some chicken or something. I don't remember what the sixth thing is, but you get the idea. You have to eat breakfast every day because it gets your metabolism going for the rest of the day. Same with exercising in the morning. So try to do those two things in the morning and it will help burn off the calories you take in over the day. I did that diet for like 2 weeks and it worked, and has been recommended to me by several people.

Also, try doing more than a mile at a time. My running is awful, and I have to run for like an hour to get any distance, and it sucks, but if this is your dream, do it!

I've slacked off when I need to be getting serious, don't do the same. If it comes down to it, do what the others said and sweat out the water weight. It will come back, but you will be under weight when you need to.

Well I have been taking the Hydroxycut Hardcore and it has done wonders for me. It seems to work really good when you take it right before your workouts, because it burns extra calories and only targets fat cells.

I also did the 6 meals a day and I can't say it worked to well for me. All I did is counted calories and made sure I burned well over the amount I took in.
    Just keep working out for as long as you can and remember its Mind over Matter, so you can do it you just have to get over the Pain.
    Good Luck

Buddy i was in your shoes. I was 5'6" 222lbs when i started i got to 212 easy from there but the rest was hard work. Just push yourself more. I've plateaued several times, but thats just the way it goes. when you platea, take a break don't run for like 2 days then come back even harder. perhaps push yourself a little more, like 1.5 miles you'll see better results. Don't expect to loose that much weight that fast. You have to be 191 for DEP and 179 to ship. work on your FITNESS rather than just weight untill October and you'll be fine. You won't leave till after then anyway. I went from 222lbs, 0pullups, 14 minute mile, to 188lbs 1 pullup and a 9minute mile in 3.5 months. It may take time but it will come, just never give up! good luck!

Thread Information