Leadership in Boot Camp
Create Post
Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Question Leadership in Boot Camp

I have heard that dureing boot camp there is a platoon leader or recruit that leads the other recruits and motivate and help keep moral up, is this true? and if so would our Drill Instructers pick a recruit to hold that position based on character and leadership abilitys, or is it something that is just sort of a free for all?

And, could you Marines give me advice on how A Drill Instructer's mind works and what to do to stand out in my DI's mind.

One more thing I forgot to add: What is the minimum weight requirment to get into Boot Camp? I am 5'11 and weight 121 pounds.. I'm shure that I can pile more muscle mass on before next fall but im worryed that the minimum weight requirment might be higher then I will weight.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    In the first few weeks,,,what stands out is what doesn't stand out,,so don't look for 'special attention'.

I was picked for platoon leader cause I was tall, fast, confident, and helped others when I could. Then I lost it all by loosing in pugil sticks. Basically, someone else out-shined me.

So it is based on how well you preform?

Well I have the mind set that I am going to attack Boot Camp with the best I can possibly give and help my fellow recruits as much as possible, hopefully I will get the chance to be a leader.

The words you are look for are "guide" and "squad leader." Do a search on those, resourceful one.

Sir yes Sir.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Rains, they look for the ones that have shaved their head already and hits the yellow footprints with a USMC Tshirt.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    84------- Stop It.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    NOPE.......I ain't getting in this one!

honestly? they ask in the first week "who wants too be a guide? squad leaders" then they pick em.after that they will usually change,D.I will pick the guy who tells everyone too shutup online (because you will talk,you undisciplined things :P) most of you will hate the guide/squaD leaders because they tell you what to do and correct you,and your not going too appreciate it at first.they look for the more squared away recruits,the ones who get on line the fastest,the ones who make there rack and hygeine the fastest,the ones who help other recruits if there slow.and of course..the ones who sound off

The squad leaders and guide changed alot during the first two phases of boot, they would do something stupid or be outshined and they would be replaced. During third phase is generally when the guide and squad leaders will not be replaced as easily.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by sparkie View Post
    84------- Stop It.
    Awwwww man!

How a DI's mind works? You got to be ****ing me, dude, a DI checks his mind at the door when he enters DI training school. You will see what I mean if and/or when you report to boot camp, many days you will voice the famous quote of many recruits before you "what the f**k, has this dude lost his mind or what".

How a drill instructors mind works? Really? If you figure that out while you're there let the rest of us know.

Quote Originally Posted by Marine84 View Post
    Rains, they look for the ones that have shaved their head already and hits the yellow footprints with a USMC Tshirt.

Sir I have a shaved head already.

But im not stupid enough to wear a red USMC T-Shirt to boot camp lol.

Thread Information