22nd MAU/MSSG-22/Shore Party Eng. Det./14Feb83-30June83
Create Post

Thumbs up 22nd MAU/MSSG-22/Shore Party Eng. Det./14Feb83-30June83

If you were there give me a shout. Looking for Martinez, Jordan, Dunlop, Daniels, Vann, MacKinney & Hundley or any one else that was there.

PS-Also looking for Chip Hazlett, you still owe me $60 dirtbag!

And the dates in the title should be 14Feb83-30MAY83

Last edited by AdrianC1982; 07-21-08 at 04:25 PM. Reason: Wrong date in title

I was there brother- HMM-264 46 crew chief. What unit were you with?

Unit

Quote Originally Posted by cmdr358 View Post
    My home unit was 8th Engineer Support Btn., Support Co., Utilities Platoon at "French Crack". When I was with 22 MAU we were a small utilties detachment attached to LSB. I was located in a GP tent by the motor pool, next to the vehicle fueling point. We looked down on the main runway from my hootch. The rest of the time I was on the roof of MSSG headquaters or in a sand bag bunker behind a 60 on the beach. How about you? Did you stay primarily on ship or did you stay at the airport as well?

I Was There Too, I Was The Arabic Translator / Interrogator With Mau Intelligence Detachment "i" I Remember The Young Marines With The Little Red Patch On The Side Of The Trousers. I Was Based At The Blt Building, 4th Floor Corner Room Next To The Chaplain's Room. If You Were On The Main Campound You Should Remember The Old Man And His Grocery Stand In The Lobby, He Was Better Known As "shuffles". I Remeber A Young Blonde Haired Lance Corporal Who Was With Shore Party And He Borrowed All My Photos From Lebanon To Make Copies And Never Returned Them, His Nick Name Was Smurph, He Left When Then The Mau Left On Uss Guadal Canal (lph 7) If You Are Out There Smurph, Please Return Those Photos To Me, And I Will Reward You.

Last edited by JetPilotB767; 09-28-08 at 02:06 PM. Reason: 14Feb83-30MAY83

Thumbs up I knew the "Smurf"

Quote Originally Posted by JetPilotB767 View Post
    I Was There Too, I Was The Arabic Translator / Interrogator With Mau Intelligence Detachment "i" I Remember The Young Marines With The Little Red Patch On The Side Of The Trousers. I Was Based At The Blt Building, 4th Floor Corner Room Next To The Chaplain's Room. If You Were On The Main Campound You Should Remember The Old Man And His Grocery Stand In The Lobby, He Was Better Known As "shuffles". I Remeber A Young Blonde Haired Lance Corporal Who Was With Shore Party And He Borrowed All My Photos From Lebanon To Make Copies And Never Returned Them, His Nick Name Was Smurph, He Left When Then The Mau Left On Uss Guadal Canal (lph 7) If You Are Out There Smurph, Please Return Those Photos To Me, And I Will Reward You.
    Hey brother! I remember shuffles. I pulled a week of mess duty in the chow hall at the BLT right after it was first set up. Prior to that it was c-rats & one hot meal a day flown in from ship. I knew "smurf" also known as "super smurf", named after the dance at the time. He was with comm platoon for the "red patch batch" and his real name is Mike Vega. Smurf was in my compartment, along with 20 others, on LPD-1 U.S.S. Raleigh for the trip there & back. Small Corps aint it?

Thanks for the rides HMM 264 BLACK KNIGHTS

Quote Originally Posted by cmdr358 View Post
    HEY BROTHER,

I REMEMBER YOUR GUYS WHEN WE WENT UP FOR THE RESCUE IN THE MOUNTAINS TO HELP THE STRANDED PEOPLE IN THE SNOW STORM LATE FEBRUARY.

I ALSO WANT TO THANK YOU FOR THE JUMPS WE MADE FROM YOUR HELOS

AND WHILE TRAINING THE LEBANESE ARMY AIR ASSAULT UNITS WE USED YOUR HELOS FOR RAPPELING

THANKS FOR THE MEMORIES. I CHERRISH EVERYONE OF THEM AND WILL KEEP THEM FOREVER.

SEMPER FIDELIS

Quote Originally Posted by AdrianC1982 View Post
    If you were there give me a shout. Looking for Martinez, Jordan, Dunlop, Daniels, Vann, MacKinney & Hundley or any one else that was there.

PS-Also looking for Chip Hazlett, you still owe me $60 dirtbag!

And the dates in the title should be 14Feb83-30MAY83
    1983 - 1984 MSSG 22 - 22 MAU

well anyway, no offence intended, on your side, roger out.

Well anyway, no offence intended, roger out.

Thread Information