MARINES: A Few Good Women
Create Post

Exclamation MARINES: A Few Good Women

MARINES: A Few Good Women

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZxLKHUC366s

Ellie

I posted on the you tube site, I saw one of my DI's, Cpl. Gonzales, she was waiting at the bus greeting the new recruits. Also saw pictures of my summer uniform, so many buttons. We wore utilities, we had to starch them. Now everyone is in cammies. Thanks for posting that video. Sheila Hays Semper Fi LadyM59

When I was in bootcamp in 2001, my platoon as on that video "Making Marines" They play it on the Military Channel all the time. It is kind of exciting to be on it and to show other females that they can make it in the Marine Corps

A Few Good Women

I joined in Sept 1959, I've seen the video of your platoon on the Military Channel. I also have the tape of " A Few Good Women", and then they were called Marines. I'm really proud to have been a Marine, I don't meet very many female Marines. It's always men, but when they find out I've been in the Corps, they say Semper Fi. I'm more involved in the Marine Corps now, then when I was in my twenties. I feel we paved the way for many Women Marines, I know a Arlene Horton who joined earlier than I did. With my DD214, and my Honorable Discharge, I was able to get any job I applied for. I'm a Charter Member of "The Women In the Service Memorial", in Washington D.C. Someday I plan on visiting it. Semper Fi Thanks for replying. Sheila Hays LadyM59

Semper Fi to all the Female Jarheads, thank you all

Marines on behalf of all Male Marines let me say Thank you for serving and that I am proud to call you all my Fellow Marines Semper Fi

My Sister A retired WM

I SERVED IN THE CORPS IN THE EARLY '70'S .I HAVE A SISTER WHO JUST RETIRED IN '04 AFTER 22 YRS IN THE CORPS .HER SON IS A SGT. NOW AND WE HAVE 2 OTHER NEPHEWS THAT ARE FELLOW JARHEADS AND 2 NEPHEWS THAT ARE SOLDIERS.
    I was just curious if any of you Marines ran across her during her tour of duty?
    She retired MSGT.KATHLEEN M. BERRY. '82-'04
    Semper Fi,
    Byron

I wouldn't have met her, I joined way before her time. I was discharged in 1962, but she sure makes me proud. I only achieved the rank of Cpl., I always wanted to be a Sgt. My nephew was discharged from the USMC in 2004, he was a Gunnery Sgt. He was in Communications in Iraq, later stationed at Camp Pendleton. He retired after 20 years. Semper Fi Sheila Hays

Quote Originally Posted by Sheila Hays View Post
    I'm a Charter Member of "The Women In the Service Memorial", in Washington D.C. Someday I plan on visiting it. Semper Fi Thanks for replying. Sheila Hays LadyM59
    I've been there. It's pretty awesome, it solidified my decision to become a Marine.

Quick question, does anyone know who the first woman is to be recognized as an NCO?

Thread Information