My daughter leaves for boot camp monday
Create Post

My daughter leaves for boot camp monday

My daughter leaves for boot on monday.
    Can anyone tell me...
    How long will it take for me to get my first letter from her?

When our daughter was at PI last year, we received the form letter with information (do's and don'ts, address, etc.) from her SDI about 10 days after she arrived. The first "real" letter came about a week after that. She wasn't much of a writer and we only received 10 letters during her time there. Of course I wrote to her every day as did many of her friends. I'm certainly not complaining because I knew her focus was on the task at hand, but I was truly grateful for the ones we did get. We are from Ohio, so the turn around time on the letters was about 4 days.

Best wishes to your daughter and family as she begins this life changing journey!! Keep us posted on her progress.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    When they get to MCRD they fill out a card that says they got there okay and what ever else they want to say on it. This card then is sent out to ever it is sent to. After that when you have free time is when letters are written and sent out. It is up to the Recruits to write their own letters and to whom, also how many is on them.

Semper Fi

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    It will take a while Mom - she'll be OK. It will be harder for you than her.

thank you to all who have written back to me. I know it will take awhile to get use to her being gone, I'll hang in there.
    I'm glad I have this site for support. thanks again!
    Deb

Thread Information