Tricks for your Charlie's
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Exclamation Tricks for your Charlie's

I am currently in DI school and I've been trying out different ways to make my service "C" uniform sharper and tighter. Obviously without tailoring the shirt, I have used 6 to 8 shirt stays at a time. I was wondering if anyone had different tricks to share. DRILL!

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by depotBAMCIS View Post
    I am currently in DI school and I've been trying out different ways to make my service "C" uniform sharper and tighter. Obviously without tailoring the shirt, I have used 6 to 8 shirt stays at a time. I was wondering if anyone had different tricks to share. DRILL!
    No offense, but your profile shows you are a E-1! You really need to finish, and correct, your profile to get help here Marine!

Good luck and thank you for training to train the finest!

Semper Fi,

Dave

OORAH, I wish I could be a DI (wife wont let me )

Anyways. I thought you aren't allowed to alter the quarter sleeve Charlie shirt to make it shorter and tighter. But I see lots of DIs with tight Charlie Sleeves. Whereas the Charlie shirts you wear out in the fleet are loose.

Credits
    Savings
    I kept a charlie shirt for boards only that I had stapled the creases into, below the belt line obviously. Not sure that you could get away with that, since you would wear it all the time. I was able to take it off right after the board evaluation and change over, so I didn't need to clean it. I also used boot bands around my waist to keep the shirt exactly where I wanted it.

You're using Creighton Shirts right? If not go buy yourself some. Other than that i really don't know.

I put in to go to DI school as a B Billet but they didn't want DI's with sleeves.

Marine Corps getting gayer and gayer. They should have never let women join.

Phantom Blooper
    Guest Free Member
    Wear Kotex or pantie liners in your arm pits to absorb the sweat.

I don't know whatcha got going on by means of medals and ribbons, however on the day to day basis when you would have to wear the charlies in the squadbay with the recruits I would just wear my top 3. When you have to wear the Alphas or blues wear em all.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    It will most likely cause a couple nice shirts to become unserviceable for a wall locker inspection but blouse the shirt before you put it on and put two safety pins on each side about 6 inches apart and below the belt line to hold the blouse in place. Place the shirt stays one on each side between the pins. Wrap the stays forward across your hips then attach on the inside of your ankles. Well maybe across your outer thigh.

Quote Originally Posted by BadLuckChuck View Post
    I don't know whatcha got going on by means of medals and ribbons, however on the day to day basis when you would have to wear the charlies in the squadbay with the recruits I would just wear my top 3. When you have to wear the Alphas or blues wear em all.
    why would u just wear your top 3?

Quote Originally Posted by outlaw3179 View Post
    why would u just wear your top 3?
    Just for practical reasons... easier to mount, cheaper than buying 14, some stupid recruit grabs at you theres less to grab at. Who do you really need to impress with your fruit salad at MCRD PI or SD? Like a bunch of recruits will know what you got. Save it for family day for hot older sisters or aunties.

Phantom Blooper
    Guest Free Member
    Just for practical reasons... easier to mount, cheaper than buying 14
    Consider this............Out of uniform........Set the example.......Exemplirary behavior!

Quote Originally Posted by depotBAMCIS View Post
    I have always heard that Drill Instructors and Recruiters were authorized to tailor their shirts. I may be wrong though.

Get Creighton or Flying Cross shirts but stick with one brand for continuity.

I have heard of Marines using 10-12 shirt stays when working on the Depot.

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom Blooper View Post
    Consider this............Out of uniform........Set the example.......Exemplirary behavior!
    Wearing your top 3 is not out of uniform... it's completely within regs. I mean seriously what if your top 3 are a Bronze Star a Nam and a Cobat Action ribbon... who's gunna **** with you?

Phantom Blooper
    Guest Free Member
    If the Uniform of the Day calls for ribbons and badges...then you wear the ribbons and badges. Give me the MCO that states all you can wear is the top row...then I will agree.

Never seen anyone in my tour wearing only three one day and then have a candy shop the next...if so in my time questions would be raised. Give me a MCO.

Ribbons don't make the Marine......doesn't make a difference what is on your arm or chest.Regs are regs and orders are orders. The only exception maybe the MOH and then there are limits!

Actually you have the choice of either wearing just personal decorations or personal and unit decorations. I was authorized 9 total medals and ribbons and of those a lot of the times when I was stationed at PISC, I would wear only the NAM, CAR, GCM but on Fridays (CG Inspection and colors - I was on the CG Staff),family day, graduation and other special events I would wear all 9.

Thread Information