Njp
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Njp

Njp

Non Judicial Punishment....
    Some posts have mentioned NJP's.
    When I was active,article 15,office hours.
    Are we talking the same thing ?

Quote Originally Posted by ecfree View Post
    Yup, going to see the BC.

Quote Originally Posted by ecfree View Post
    This question will undoubtly be answered by a Sea Lawyer, many of which are in the Corps.

Someone told me a long time ago that if you have not spent some time in the brig, you were not a Marine. I guess I was never a Marine as I never spent any time in the brig, nor have I ever been arrested.

Quote Originally Posted by Old Marine View Post
    This question will undoubtly be answered by a Sea Lawyer, many of which are in the Corps.

Someone told me a long time ago that if you have not spent some time in the brig, you were not a Marine. I guess I was never a Marine as I never spent any time in the brig, nor have I ever been arrested.
    ...Gee, I'm a poser too.

I have stood before the man. You don't see a Good Conduct Medal in my fruit salad. It was a very humbling experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Backblast View Post
    I have stood before the man. You don't see a Good Conduct Medal in my fruit salad. It was a very humbling experience.
    I'm with ya bro, I have one, but 8 yrs active and I have no star.

Semper Fi

Quote Originally Posted by thewookie View Post
    I'm with ya bro, I have one, but 8 yrs active and I have no star.

Semper Fi
    Your a "good" Marine in my book Sergeant.

Quote Originally Posted by Backblast View Post
    Your a "good" Marine in my book Sergeant.
    Thanks Marine, shiat happens and its how you bounce back that matters to me. I lost Sgt. stripes out of it, but I earned them back.

I hate putting stars on medals anyway, such a pain....

I also lost meritorious Cpl. because I was stupid one weekend, got a page 11 for that episode.

I was a very good boy most of the time (3NAM's), but I got very stupid once in a while.

Been in front of the man twice for minor issues. Got my Good Conduct but the last one cost me my Cpl. recommendation.

yellowwing
    Guest Free Member
    It is no fun at all standing tall before the CO knowing full well you ****ed up. But you cowboy up and take it like a man.

I was lucky and didn't get one, I've been close a few times though.
    Some of the best Marines I know have NJP's.

Quote Originally Posted by yellowwing View Post
    It is no fun at all standing tall before the CO knowing full well you ****ed up. But you cowboy up and take it like a man.

Yep I cowboyed up twice,and almost made it three,but that's a horse of a different color.
    The second time the First Shirt wanted to know if he should have my name put on the CO's office door...

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Came back from Okinawa and went on a 96. I signed the firewatch roster and away I went. I had a side job mucking stalls at a horse farm in waimanalo and that is where I went. Stayed in the bunk house there. I returned to base a day late and a dollar short to stand my firewatch only to discover I actually was a day late. My name was in the logbook. My rack mate had stood my firewatch so I owed him one. My squad leader made me stand the 12-4 every day for a week. I went and saw the captain for charges of UA from firewatch. He maxed me out and suspended everything but the fine. We lived in open squad bays but had a rec room. I used to go in there and announce that I had purchased that pool table so I'm up next I still got my good conduct medal though. The first sergeant about lost his mind when at office hours I told the captain I had been working and forgot what day I had firewatch. He said if he had known that before hand I would never have been on the carpet. Then when he found out I had stood firewatch 12-4 every day for a week he put my sergeant on firewatch LOL. The sergeant that put me in the log book even though my rack mate convinced him that we had swapped firewatch got a royal ass chewing. Ahh the memories.

After having been shot-up and blown apart, I was flown from DaNang to Okinawa, and after a few days, from Okinawa to California, where I was stationed at Oakknoll Naval hospital to undergo a few more surgeries.

Anyway, one day the corpsman in charge of where I was staying, told me to go work in the typing pool (administrative area). Well, I said you got to be kidding, I'm not going to do that, I just about bought the farm for my country, I was tired, blown to smithereens, and wanted to go home.

After a few days went by I was advised I was being taken before a Captain's Mast (NJP). Well, me and this captain didn't see eye to eye over the situation, and as a matter of fact, had I been able to get across the table/desk at him, he would have no longer been a captain. . . Getting back to the Captain's Mast, I was reduced one rank. So now I'm forever a LCpl. But you see, at the time I really didn't much give a squat, I was a 19 year old Marine, just out of combat, salty as all get out, mad at the world (yet glad to be alive), and ready to return home to those waiting for me. At the time I didn't give a rat's patootie. If I had it to do over again, I probably still wouldn't have went on that work detail.

I remember when I got busted down. I was made to wait for two hours outside the battalion commanders door. I stood at parade rest in his hallway staring an 8x11 portrait of my BC and he had the most terrifying expression on his face. I was freaked out to say the least. Luckily, he was very patient about the whole thing and expressed disappointment not anger about the event. He recognized my role as a leader and let me pick my own punishment. As a leader, I gave myself the maximum punishment. I got busted down to Private but quickly made my way to Corporal, collecting CerComs and MeritMasses all the way.

Thread Information