Help me decide my MOS from these 3
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Marine Friend Free Member bubejunkie's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings

Help me decide my MOS from these 3

I'm going to MEPS on Wednesday. So i don't have a ship date yet. I need to list my 3 choices the night before MEPS w/ my recruiter. I've narrowed it down to these 3. Keep in mind that i want an MOS that has field time and action, supporting the 03's. BTW: 03xx is all filled up at my station.
    (Hollywood, ca) And yes my ASVAB score is high so i qualify for all of these.

1)combat engineer 2)field radio operator 3) forward observer, arty.

Please reply by ranking these MOS's as if you were me. 231, 132, 312..etc.
    What would YOU do?

THANK YOU!

[Keep in mind I want field time and action, that is important to me. I've done the corporate desk job thing for years and I want to be in the field now. This is half the reason why I enlisted. The other half is being part of the greatest warrior brotherhood ever]

Infantry is filled up just about every where. That MOS closes out FAST.

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by slimmy07 View Post
    Infantry is filled up just about every where. That MOS closes out FAST.
    YES i know that. How about answering my question in regards to the 3 MOS's that a listed. What would you do if you were me? How would u rearrange the ones I listed.

Thanks bro!

Quote Originally Posted by bubejunkie View Post
    YES i know that. How about answering my question in regards to the 3 MOS's that a listed. What would you do if you were me? How would u rearrange the ones I listed.

Thanks bro!

Your welcome,

Sergeant S.

Credits
    Savings

Your welcome,

Sergeant S.
    THANK you sergeant! I appreciate your help.

serg*

[quote=bubejunkie;369896]YES i know that. How about answering my question in regards to the 3 MOS's that a listed. What would you do if you were me? How would u rearrange the ones I listed.

Thanks bro![/quote] OH AND DO YOU HAVE A BROTHER ON HERE SOMEWHERE...?

HOW ABOUT MAKING UP YOUR OWN MIND UP...THERE POOLIE!! IF YOU WANT INFORMATION ON ANY OF THESE JOB CATEGORIES TO HELP YOU MAKE YOUR DECISION...BUT THIS IS YOUR DECISION AND NOBODY ELSE'S. BY THE WAY...YOU ASK FOR HELP AROUND HERE...NOT DEMAND!!! DO YOU UNDERSTAND?!?! SOME PEOPLE'S CHILDREN...GEEZ...!!!

THANK you sergeant! I appreciate your help.

serg*
    No problem, Are you going Active duty or reserves?

Credits
    Savings
    [quote=Big Jim;369900]

Thanks bro![/quote] OH AND DO YOU HAVE A BROTHER ON HERE SOMEWHERE...?

HOW ABOUT MAKING UP YOUR OWN MIND UP...THERE POOLIE!! IF YOU WANT INFORMATION ON ANY OF THESE JOB CATEGORIES TO HELP YOU MAKE YOUR DECISION...BUT THIS IS YOUR DECISION AND NOBODY ELSE'S. BY THE WAY...YOU ASK FOR HELP AROUND HERE...NOT DEMAND!!! DO YOU UNDERSTAND?!?! SOME PEOPLE'S CHILDREN...GEEZ...!!!
    I apologize if my reply to Sergeant S. seemed discourteous. That wasn't my intent. I thanked him for his input when he did reply again. You're right. This IS my decision. I'm just getting a feel for what Marines think of the MOS's that I'm deciding on. I get conflicting reactions from different Marines all the time. This is the "Ask a marine section?", so I thought I'd ask some Marines what they think. Sorry if I came off as rude or arrogant. I assure you I'm not.
    BTW: I'm not a child. I'm a 28 years old. Graduate of Business from Cal State Northridge and I'm quitting my corporate job, of 8 years, to fulfill my dream of being a Marine. I hope in the future you can answer another one of my questions. I will have many. Once again, my apologies.

Good day Big Jim.

Credits
    Savings
    No problem, Are you going Active duty or reserves?
    Sgt. S,

I'm going active duty.

Sgt. S,

I'm going active duty.
    good, I think you should get another option other than Field radio operator. I like your other 2 options, I just would not want to be a field radio operator. I think with your back ground you could do something else. Here is a piece of advice because it is your decision, ask your recruiter to show you ALL the jobs that are open and that you are qualified for, then pick your top 5 and research them in the MOS manual. Every recruiting station has one. That will help your decision be smoother.

Well then you will get a field not a specific MOS. I would go 1300(Engineer) which is my field The MOS's are 1371 Combat engineer which is cool manly for the det part but other then that your a construction worker. Then its 1345 Heavy Equipment OP which is my MOS and i love it without us the Corps could run dam near everything requires us to offload supplies, build airfields and helo pads, or hell even driving an armored bulldozer in fellujah knocking down buildings and clearing obstacles. Then you have the HE mechanics which i think is 1341 which repair the HE gear and most of our mechanics have some licences on our HE gear. Then ofcourse the Engineer assistant the surveyors for us all.

But after that i would go arty then com.

Credits
    Savings
    good, I think you should get another option other than Field radio operator. I like your other 2 options, I just would not want to be a field radio operator. I think with your back ground you could do something else. Here is a piece of advice because it is your decision, ask your recruiter to show you ALL the jobs that are open and that you are qualified for, then pick your top 5 and research them in the MOS manual. Every recruiting station has one. That will help your decision be smoother.
    Sgt. S,

I see. I hear allot of negatives w/ the radio man MOS. Why is this so? Are they looked down upon? I imagine that they would be attached to infantry units, which is something that I want. Can you elaborate a little about why radioman MOS isn't good? I'll definitely do some more research about my MOS options. Like I stated in my original post, I want field time supporting 03's. If you can suggest other MOS's that does this, I'm all ears.
    Thank you for your help.

Serg*

Thread Information