Camp Hague, Okinawa 1959 - 1960
Create Post

Camp Hague, Okinawa 1959 - 1960

Anyone out there remember the championship game, we won it.

Marine Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Funny thing, so did we!! What year are you talking about? I was from Camp Koza and I think we won the island championship (flag football) in 1961. I have a picture of the CG presenting trophies. Grandle Starling

Marine Family Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Hello my daddy B.H. Mathis was in Okinawa sometime between 61 & 63, don't know name of base. 3rd mar. div.3rd FSR-FMF MT Maint. co. MS&M Bn.
    I have some pictures of him w/ his buddies. How, where do I go to try to maybe find post, groups. I'd like to share.
    I have spent most of this nite typing any & everyname, phrase I can think of in this site, so far keeps coming back "no match"
    My daddy is gone so I'm on my own in this search. I figured I'd just ask.
    If anyone that reads this knows, shoot me an email.
    Thanks!
    Tandra Mathis
    tanmarmat@hotmail.com

Marine Free Member
    Credits
    Savings

Smile Other websites to research....

Quote Originally Posted by tandramarie View Post
    Hello my daddy B.H. Mathis was in Okinawa sometime between 61 & 63, don't know name of base. 3rd mar. div.3rd FSR-FMF MT Maint. co. MS&M Bn.
    I have some pictures of him w/ his buddies. How, where do I go to try to maybe find post, groups. I'd like to share.
    I have spent most of this nite typing any & everyname, phrase I can think of in this site, so far keeps coming back "no match"
    My daddy is gone so I'm on my own in this search. I figured I'd just ask.
    If anyone that reads this knows, shoot me an email.
    Thanks!
    Tandra Mathis
    tanmarmat@hotmail.com
    Due to a helicopter accident that took our son's life, I started researching every Marine Corps site that was available. My main purpose for doing so, was to locate or find pictures of him that we did not have or ever seen.
    There are many different websites on the internet and this is a good one, but there are two (2) that I would recommend.
    The first is www.********************* where you can join, and have some free time before you have to pay a fee. The usual free time is approximately 30 days. By entering the info about your Dad, and his duty assignments the website will take you or show you who also served in that particular unit. There are different forums such as "Where are you" that a post by yourself just might trigger some Marine that knows info about your Dad.

The other is www.fromthehalls.com which is free and it has forums also. I highly recommend both as you will feel the Brotherhood from the start....

Grandle Starling

PS: From the unit posted, it looks like your Dad was in Motor Transport and there will be others that belong to either of these websites that might have served in his unit in the same year...Good Luck....

Marine Free Member
    Credits
    Savings

Just wondering....

Quote Originally Posted by corky0566 View Post
    Due to a helicopter accident that took our son's life, I started researching every Marine Corps site that was available. My main purpose for doing so, was to locate or find pictures of him that we did not have or ever seen.
    There are many different websites on the internet and this is a good one, but there are two (2) that I would recommend.
    The first is www.********************* where you can join, and have some free time before you have to pay a fee. The usual free time is approximately 30 days. By entering the info about your Dad, and his duty assignments the website will take you or show you who also served in that particular unit. There are different forums such as "Where are you" that a post by yourself just might trigger some Marine that knows info about your Dad.

The other is www.fromthehalls.com which is free and it has forums also. I highly recommend both as you will feel the Brotherhood from the start....

Grandle Starling

PS: From the unit posted, it looks like your Dad was in Motor Transport and there will be others that belong to either of these websites that might have served in his unit in the same year...Good Luck....
    Did you end your search? Or have you located or found any info? Would like to know about your progress...

Semper Fi

corky0566 IS A FAG GETT

Quote Originally Posted by jcortisjr View Post
    I PLAYED FOR THE MARINE ROYALS FOOTBALL TEAM ON CAMP HAGUE
    WE WON THE CHAMPIONSHIP.

Quote Originally Posted by jcortisjr View Post
    I'M NEW AT THIS AND HOPEFULLY IT WILL COME THROUGH. I WAS ONE OF THE FULL BACKS ON THE CAMP HAGUE MARINE ROYALS FOOTBALL TEAM. WE WON THE CHAMPIONSHIP

I was a guard on the Camp Hauge Royals football team that won the island championship in 1960. ...would love to hear from any former teammates or former Marine buddies. lhaff43@gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by haff View Post
    I was a guard on the Camp Hauge Royals football team that won the island championship in 1960. ...would love to hear from any former teammates or former Marine buddies. lhaff43@gmail.com
    I played for Camp Hauge during the 1956 football season.
    Made first tea all league at center/linebacker. Back then their were 2 AIR FORCE, 2 ARMY, AND 3 MARINE TEAMS. I was the only non officer Marine to make the first team. Frank Haggerty cpl Reg H&S 12TH Marines. Blew my knee out in the All Star Game vs Army, Jan. of 1957.
    When we first moved to Camp Hague, it was called NAPUNJA.
    The fence round the base was almost down.
    Loved Camp Hauge , great times.

Thread Information