Sad story, I need some answers, maybe someone here can help. - Page 3
Create Post
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Robin,
    Can you update us? I've been following your thread and hope all is going well for you all.....

I don't want to sound harsh or anything, but rarely will anyone get sent home from boot camp unless, they threaten to hurt themselves someone else refuse to train or pop on the drug test. The counselor you spoke of well he has no obligation to tell you much of anything since your son is an adult and there is the whole privacy deal. Sounds like he just notified your sons next of kin (you) about the situation that was going on. To bring into light a few things when i went threw boot camp we had a guy who threatened to kill himself and all this stuff he still served all 4 years along side me, i guess his counselor found him to be lying which was true he didn't want to be a Marine (back then) so he tried to copout. Any-who I doubt that your son will fully ever disclose to you the truth but if this was just some horrible mistake he should be able to re-enter the Marines no problem with some type of probation period and a few doctors recommendations. Don't beat yourself up please, this is not your fault ma'am. There is probably more to it than we know. Semper Fidelis!

Cpl. Butler, Emerson 0311 OIF Combat Veteran

Still no update?

Ma'am if he is sent home he will need his family. Good luck to you all and hope he gets to try again

Thread Information