New Marine Requesting knowledge
Create Post
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

New Marine Requesting knowledge

Just graduated July 11th Fox Company. I have some questions about MCT. My first one is. Are Cell Phones allowed? I have heard they were and were not and would just like to get the official scoop. Another question i have is my Mos is 3531 Motor vehicle operator. I was 0300 before my recruiter screwed me over. I have heard after two years you can change your MOS is that true or BS.

Anyways thanks Marines.

Credits
    Savings
    Cell phones - this has been discussed many times, and as this is a Marine
    Forum, and not official, why don't you ask your 1st Sgt?

Recruiter screwed you over? How, make you close your eyes when you signed your contract?

Somehow, and I hope this isn't true, but you sound like the beginnings of a 10%er.

yellowwing
    Guest Free Member
    Congratulations! Did you pick up any rank at Boot Camp?

Semper Fi Marine

Quote Originally Posted by bigalholmes165 View Post
    Cell phones - this has been discussed many times, and as this is a Marine
    Forum, and not official, why don't you ask your 1st Sgt?

Recruiter screwed you over? How, make you close your eyes when you signed your contract?

Somehow, and I hope this isn't true, but you sound like the beginnings of a 10%er.
    Basically this is what happened. A week before i went to bootcamp my recruiter calls me and tells me i have good and bad news. The good news is he got me a 10,000 bonus. I said thats sweet.The bad news is that Infantry is not available. I said well how is that posssible, I already signed the contract for it. He said it was full. So me being an idiot i said well whatever 3531 doesnt sound bad. I trusted that my recruiter was being honest. Turned out he was lying and told me infantry was full because he was told by his command that he needed to sign people for Motor T. the way i found this out is because at Meps after i signed the contract i talked to a couple other poolees and asked them what there MOS's were. Turns out some of them got infantry even though it was supposedly full. So yeah thats how i got screwed.

Quote Originally Posted by yellowwing View Post
    Congratulations! Did you pick up any rank at Boot Camp?

Semper Fi Marine
    Nope just Private but im on Recruiters Assistance and have 2 people going to join. One being my brother.

Hey Ryan,when did you graduate boot camp,and which one ?
    I can't beleave a recruiter would do that...

Well, Take Motor T, Riding Beats Humping, Take It From An Old Grunt. You Can Go Grunt After 2 Yrs, I Do Believe

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan1234 View Post
    Just graduated July 11th Fox Company. I have some questions about MCT. My first one is. Are Cell Phones allowed? I have heard they were and were not and would just like to get the official scoop. Another question i have is my Mos is 3531 Motor vehicle operator. I was 0300 before my recruiter screwed me over. I have heard after two years you can change your MOS is that true or BS.

Anyways thanks Marines.
    Congrats and welcome to our beloved Corps.

Congratulations Marine!

Ellie

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan1234 View Post

Anyways thanks Marines.

When is your report date to MCT? You may find yourself in my platoon. And no, cell phones are not allowed during the training evolution (29 days). As for your MOS, it is true, after 2 years at your first duty station you may now request a lateral move to an open MOS. However, if you are pursuing an 03 field, you will end up right back at the School Of Infantry for your ITB training and specialty school.

Quote Originally Posted by Whizdumb View Post
    When is your report date to MCT? You may find yourself in my platoon. .
    My recruiter was my platoon Sgt. at MCT, You believe that SH*T?

Quote Originally Posted by bigalholmes165 View Post
    Devil dog if you wanted Bonuses and Gaurantees you should have joined the Army.( I feel like I've said this many times on here already) AND YOU GOT 10 GRAND FOR JOINING THE CORPS? SWEET JESUS!!........Count your blessings and Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by CplKJSpevak View Post
    Devil dog if you wanted Bonuses and Gaurantees you should have joined the Army.( I feel like I've said this many times on here already) AND YOU GOT 10 GRAND FOR JOINING THE CORPS? SWEET JESUS!!........Count your blessings and Good luck!
    You got that right brother.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    That 'Might be better than open contract" But what do I know..... It's your desert,,,, eat it. Congrats, Marine.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Congratulations Marine!
    Your recruiter didn't screw you over he hooked you up. A year from now you'll be thanking him for not putting you in the infantry.

Thread Information