Hotels for Graduation
Create Post

Hotels for Graduation

Has anyone stayed at the Holiday Inn in Beaufort, SC ? I hear it is only about 6 miles from the gate at PI. I am looking for a close hotel for my parents to stay for the graduation ceromonies. Thanks, Dave

Marine Spouse Free Member Idena's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    I haven't stayed there (Frankly, I haven't seen more than a handful of hotels down here, since we live here, lol.), but it's not far from base. The honest truth about Beaufort is that not too much is too far from anything else - it's a pretty small area, & the major roads form a loop that passes by the Parris Island base from either direction.

If, however, you want more options (not sure where you already looked), here's a link to the Beaufort Chamber of Commerce site for lodging: http://www.beaufortsc.org/cwo/Visit_Beaufort/Lodging. At the bottom it breaks it down into hotels/motels, B&B's, Campgrounds, etc.

We stayed at the howard johnson over there. It was alright.. but the main factor was that it allowed pets. If you're active duty or have military id, you can MAYBE find loding on Parris Island or on MCAS Beaufort.

Marine Family Free Member ScottsMom's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    We stayed at the Day's Inn which they said is the closest hotel to PI. It was very nice and clean and the staff was very friendly. Here is the information in case you want to look into it.
    Days Inn
    (843)524-1551
    1660 Ribaut Rd
    Port Royal/Beaufort, SC
    closest hotel to Parris Island, directly behind Friendly's Restaurant
    has internet access

Marine Family Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Stayed at it - but for a better price - really good rooms and an excellent attached restaurant, try the Comfort Inn at the Ridgeland exit (one below Beaufort on 95 SOuth) - only a 15 minute drive to the Island and not as corwded on graduation weekends and no need for a really advanced reservation.

Marine Spouse Free Member Idena's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by marinemom View Post
    Stayed at it - but for a better price - really good rooms and an excellent attached restaurant, try the Comfort Inn at the Ridgeland exit (one below Beaufort on 95 SOuth) - only a 15 minute drive to the Island and not as corwded on graduation weekends and no need for a really advanced reservation.
    With all due respect, ma'am, there is NO way to get from Ridgeland to PI in 15 minutes. You can't even get from PI to an interchange with I-95 in 15 minutes, let alone to Ridgeland.

Found this site for lodging Parris Island

Found this site. Wow. I went through Parris Island in 1953.

http://www.beaufortsc.org/cwo/Visit_.../Parris_Island

My family stayed at the Holiday Inn for my graduation. Seemed standard to all other Holiday Inns. Nothing really magnificient about it. This is coming from someone who just got off the Island and only took a shower and changed. It's pretty close though. For only a one or two night stay I think it would be ok.

Credits
    Savings
    We were at PI twice last year (twin sons). The Comfort Inn was fine and is about 8 miles from PI. Do not stay at the Howard Johnsons. I have heard from many that the Holliday Inn is adequate.

Beaufort has many terrific lodging options. Another you might consider is is renting a condo or house, especially if you have more than a couple of people in your group. My son is stationed in Beaufort and that is usually what we try to do. There are quite a few houses and condos which people rent for graduation weekends. You have the advantage of more space, a kitchen - and a plus for us was not having to check out before heading to PI for graduation and having our new Marine come back with us to chill out a bit before heading for home. You can find many of these rentals on www.vrbo.com. Search South Carolina - Beaufort.

Ginny
    PMM of Cpl Chris
    VMFA (AW) 533

Hi I am planning to stay at the Holiday Inn. I am hoping that it is not too much of a traffic mess. When mapped out it seems to be the closest and easiest to get to Parris Island.

Best of luck.
    Liza

Credits
    Savings
    Which hotel's have pools and hot tubs? I'll be there in Oct. God Willing

Thread Information