Book "Into the Crucible"
Create Post

Book "Into the Crucible"

I was wondering if any of the new Marines read the book "Into the Crucible" before boot camp. I am reading it now and if the challenges are the same it seems almost unfair to those who don't read it before going. It's a wonderful book and I think I'll probably read it several times. It goes into such detail about each challenge and how they completed them, what they did right and what they did wrong. It talkes about what they could have done better.

I think it's a must read for everyone before going to boot camp. My son will be leaving next June and I'll be sure that he reads it. Even if the challenges change from time to time, they will still get a lot out of reading the book before boot camp.

Please let me know if any of you know if things are the same now.

Quote Originally Posted by LHMHMOM View Post
    I was wondering if any of the new Marines read the book "Into the Crucible" before boot camp. I am reading it now and if the challenges are the same it seems almost unfair to those who don't read it before going. It's a wonderful book and I think I'll probably read it several times. It goes into such detail about each challenge and how they completed them, what they did right and what they did wrong. It talkes about what they could have done better.
    I have a problem with this. There shouldn't be a manual on how to complete the mental challenges of the Crucible.

I didn't think the Crucible was all it was hyped up to be.

I don't know if I should actually post this or if I am allowed to do so...I apologize now--but, from a poolee's point of view, I don't want to read it. I want to be surprised and to use only what I have been told to use in Boot Camp. I think it is great for the parents, so that they may know what their child is/will be going through, but not for the Recruits.

Thread Information