How about a Recipe Swap?! - Page 8
Create Post
Page 8 of 34 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast
    BULGOGI

1 pound thinly sliced steak
    5 tbsp sugar
    1/2 cup soy sauce
    2 buds finely chopped garlic (can also be crushed, and crushed buds removed before serving)
    1/4 tsp salt
    5 tbsp Mirin (sweet sake, optional)
    2 tbsp sesame oil
    2 tbsp toasted sesame seeds (pop about 2 cups of sesame seeds on a baking sheet for like 5 mins on 350 degrees.. there's your toasted sesame seeds)
    1 cup split or chopped green onions
    2 cups thinly sliced carrots (optional)

Mix all ingredients except carrots. Marinate in refrigerator for at least 2 hours.
    Cook over medium high heat until meat is ALMOST done cooking.
    Add carrots and cook for an additional 3 minutes.
    Serve with rice.

OK Dobbins that brings me to the next question. Do you want me to post more recipes or are you runnin' low? LOL

Kalbi --BBQ Korean Short Ribs

16 ribs
    1 cup soy sauce
    3/4 cup sugar
    1/2 cup water
    1 Asian pear, chopped (or 1/2 Korean pear)
    1 onion, chopped
    2 tbsp minced garlic
    4 tbsp sesame oil
    1 tbsp ground pepper
    1 tbsp juice of ginger

Wash meat. Sometimes you can find tiny bone scraps stick to the meat. Soak in water for 1 hour, drain.
    In a food processor, add chopped onion and pear, puree finely. Pour out to a large bowl, add remaining ingredients, stir.
    Marinate beef for 8-10 hours or overnight. They cook fairly fast, 2-3 minutes on one side. GRILL!!!! Use charcoal.. it tastes best. Gas SUCKS!

I'm runnin fairly low.. but POST EM! I quit my job so I could cook more and better and clean and do all those things, but the Cpl really loves to brag about what he had for dinner the night before.. so keep em coming!

I'm at 3.5 now to catch up

Chap Chae (those yummy clear noodles with veggies and what tastes like Bulgogi)

12 oz noodle (Dang Myun or sweet potato starch noodles)
    4 oz beef
    5 ****ake mushrooms or Chinese black mushrooms
    1 carrot
    1 onion
    1 egg
    1/3 lbs spinach
    5 tbs oil
    2 tbs sugar
    1 tbs sesame seed oil
    2 tbs soy sauce
    Salt & black pepper (pinch)
    Sesame seed (pinch)
    1 tbs minced garlic
    1 tbs chopped green onion

Soak mushrooms in water for 15 minutes. Cut off stems. Cut mushrooms into thin strips.
    Cut beef into thin strips and marinate it with the mushrooms in a seasoning of: soy sauce, sugar, minced garlic, sesame seed oil, chopped green onions, and a pinch of ground pepper.
    Cut carrots and onion into thin strips (julienne).
    Cook spinach in boiling water for about two minutes. Cool spinach in running water. Squeeze the water out of the spinach. Season the spinach slightly with salt and sesame oil.
    Beat and fry the egg in a pan with a pinch of salt. Once cooked and cooled, cut the egg into thin slices. (meaning.. don't scramble it in the pan.. just let it cook until it's a big solid circle--but.. by all means, you're just gonna throw it in ther anyway, so scramble it haha)
    Cook the noodles in boiling water for about 2-4 minutes or until soft (You may want to cut the noodles in half before hand if they are too long). Rinse in cold water and drain.
    Start cooking the beef and mushrooms with a bit of oil.
    When beef is cooked add carrot, onion, spinach, and noodles and stir-fry.
    When vegetables are cooked, add the sliced egg and use salt and soy sauce to season the dish to your taste.
    Put it all in a dish and sprinkle some sesame seeds for the final touch.
    Can be served hot or cold.

Last edited by DobbinsBlythe; 08-11-08 at 08:42 AM. Reason: keeping score

Where are you getting them? Paula Dean's web site has some great recipes. Next one to look up is Lady and Sons Crab-Stuffed Shrimp. I'll let you post that one!

Most of these are family recipes.. some of them are recipes I've had from cookbooks that I've tried and compared to others and found to be the best ones... others are from friends.. etc.

I love Paula Dean.. but they're her recipes and stuff that people can just get online anyway :P

Freshly Killed Squirrel (the squirrels outside keep eating my lillies!!!!)

1 Ruger 10 22
    1 .22 round
    1 mad woman

Combine ingredients. Allow woman to keep in all emotions until time to shoot. Shoot the varmint.

If desired.. skin, behead, trim and marinate stupid animal. Throw it on the grill.. or in a big garbage heap and light on fire. If you really want to eat it.. just throw it on the grill and light coals. Otherwise.. just pour lighter fluid all over the stinkin thing and let it go POOF

Enjoy.

Last edited by DobbinsBlythe; 08-11-08 at 08:54 AM. Reason: score keeping.. again

You're right, they are her's. I just thought maybe you were competing with "any" recipe that you had tried and was good! Well, here's another. This one is so easy, it is sinful!

Chicken: wings, drummettes, legs, thighs, or whatever you want! I usually fill up a rectangular glass casserole dish with legs or drummettes (whatever is on sale and cheap).
    1 jar of Apricot Preserves (size depends on how much chicken you are cooking - I use 8 oz. jar)
    1 bottle of Russian Salad Dressing
    1 packet of Lipton Onion Soup Mix

Place chicken in casserole dish. Mix remaining ingredients. Pour over chicken. Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for an hour.

Baked potatoes are good with the sauce poured over them. Corn on the cob is also a good side with this dish.

KIDS LOVE IT!

Seriously, if you find something that's good then post it. I'm just posting stuff that I have from family and friends that's typically not found online. Paula Deen's recipe with the chicke and ham and cheese.. that's my fave. It's kind of like a chicken cordon bleu with a Souther twist.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Sounds a little odd but by golly is it ever good.

Dry rub for steaks or chicken breasts
    Mix ground corriander, cumin, seasoned salt and fresh ground coffee.
    Rub the meat with said mixture and let stand about half hour before tossing on the grill. While grilling use a spritzer bottle filled with a mixture of olive oil and lemon juice. Liberally apply one of big als recipes to the cook.

Marine Spouse Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Oriental Curry
    This is the mild version because I have a 11 y/o that has loved curry since she was 3.

12 oz coconut milk/cream
    1 tbsp chili powder
    1 tbsp garlic powder
    3 tbsp *curry powder
    1 tbsp oil (vegetable, olive, peanut whatever you prefer to cook with)
    1 1/4 tsp Salt
    1/4 tsp pepper
    1 tsp sugar
    Rough chop veggies
    1 large onion
    1 green bell pepper
    1 red bell pepper
    Thinly sliced strips
    1 1/2 lb of your meat choice (I usually use beef or pork)

* I usually use mild or regular curry powder. If you prefer spicy then by all means buy the spicier powder, it only has more cumin, chili and garlic in it to give it more spice.

Set large pan or wok on med, with oil and 1/2 onion and all powdered spices and 1/4 salt. Stir until blended, should be a paste consistency. Blend in coconut cream, 1 tsp salt and meat strips. Let meat brown and cream simmer, stir often because cream will burn. Blend in the sugar. Sauce should be semi-sweet with a salt after taste. Stir in all the vegetables and let simmer until veggies are steamed but not over cooked and limp. If you prefer more or less salt, salt to your taste, normally I use the 1 tsp of salt per pound of meat (beef or pork) rule, it is just salty enough for my husband and not too salty for me.

Marine Corps Birthday Cake???

Does anyone have the receipt for THE birthday cake? Many, many years ago the Leatherneck magazine ran the receipt modified to serve a family sized gathering. At the time I was a happy barracks rat and got all my cake from the mess hall. And, yes, there is an official receipt for the cake, and in my humble opinion nothing taste the same as the real deal.

OOHRAH

Pork Spareribs or Baby Backs

I've tailored this recipe to my liking, started with a generic recipe from a book and added and subtracted here and there.

Rib rub Good enough for one rack

2 Tbsp Brown Sugar
    2 Tbsp Paprika
    1 Tsp Black Pepper
    1 Tsp Kosher Salt
    2 Tsp Cumin
    1 Tsp Garlic Powder
    1 Tsp Onion Powder
    1 Tsp Cayenne (optional)

Sprinkle rub liberally over ribs and rub vigorously. You can wrap them in saran wrap and let them sit overnight, but I generally don't/can't/won't wait and immedietely start cooking them. I smoke them in a smoker at a temp of 230*, but anywhere from 225-250 and you'll be fine. I use hickory chips soaked in water for an hour. Cook time is roughly 4 hours and new wood chips will need to be added every hour.

PS I've eaten at Gates in KC and Arthur Bryant's and no BS, I think these ribs are right up there with what they put out. But Famous Dave's has me beat at the moment.

Just found a wok in the basement, whats the half circle grill for that sets on top? Humpin towards the store for chicken breasts, rice and sauces and such. Any chicken wok recipes???

--->Dave

Thread Information