How about a Recipe Swap?! - Page 4
Create Post
Page 4 of 34 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    Yellowwing, I'm sure she meant bowl HAHA. I love avocados! Thanks Idena!

Marine Spouse Free Member Idena's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by yellowwing View Post
    Excuse me?
    LOL - that's a heck of a typo!

I mean, ultimately, that's where they wind up being combined, but I s'pose it's not a good place to start a recipe. My bad. Whoops.

A number of years ago (back in the 70's), San Francisco's own Marine Artillery General (Brigadier) Tiago, requested/ordered that a recipe for the Marine Corps famous S.O.S. (creamed beef on toast) be developed so that it could be serve to a small group of about eight persons, this way the general could have his wife make it at home. The official recipe for the mess halls is for serving 300 or more. This challenge was taken up by his chief field artillery cook, MSgt Bernie Parker. After many tries and a few mistakes "Top" Parker came up with the following, near perfect, recipe.

Recipe for "Marine Breakfast" Camp Lejeune SOS.... (Serves 8, or two hungry Marines)

1/2 lb. Ground Beef (ground chuck for flavor)
    1 tbs. Bacon fat (lard/Crisco or butter)
    3 tbs. Flour
    2 cups Whole milk (add more milk if you want it thinner)
    1/8 tsp. each of Salt and Pepper (to taste)
    8 slices of dry toast

Using a large skillet (12"-14"), crumble and brown the ground beef with the fat and salt, remove the pan from the heat and let cool slightly. Mix in the flour until all of the meat is covered, using all of the flour. Replace the skillet on the heat and stir in the milk, keep stirring until the mixture comes to a boil and thickens (boil a minimum of 1 minute). Serve over the toast. Salt & pepper to taste.

Ellie

REAL Chicken Noodle Soup

1 pkg boneless skinless chicken breast
    2 boxes and 1 can of chicken broth
    3 carrots
    4 sticks of celery
    1-2 Tbsp poultry seasoning
    1/2 bag of egg noodles
    salt & pepper to taste

In a large pot cook chicken in chicken broth. Once almost all the way cooked through, take chicken out and put in vegetables. Cut up the chicken while the veggies are cookin. Meanwhile in a separate pot, boil your egg noodles. Once the chicken is cut up, put it back in the broth.

Season the broth with the poultry seasoning and salt & pepper. Strain egg noodles and add to the pot. Make sure you taste it after you add the egg noodles b/c it tends to "water it down." Salt & Pepper to taste.

Serve with biscuits or cornbread

<3

Anyone have any really good casserole recipes?

Casserole...Hello! Bulkykers "poor mans thanksgiving". just add noodles and grease hehe

LOL! I meant other than that. My aunt has an asparagus casserole that is AWESOME but I can't get my hands on it .. at least for now.. and there are a few others that I actually take the time to make. Every family has something interesting.

Fried Chicken Bites

Fried Chicken Bites- used to make this for gator tail, since I live in California now I use it for chicken. Outstanding recipe.

Ingredients:

3 pounds fresh chicken breast, cubed
    4 cups canola oil

For the egg wash:

4 beaten eggs
    1/2 cup millk
    Louisiana hot sauce to taste
    For the dry mix:

3 cups Drakes Crispy Fry mix
    2 cups Vigo Italian style bread crumbs
    3 tbsp dry parsley
    4 tblsp Everglades season mix (or any "southern" seasoning you like)
    4 tblsp Garlic Powder
    2 tblsp dry thyme
    1 tblsp dry dill
    Cayenne and black pepper to taste
    Cajun spice

Quick 'n' Dirty Breakfast Britto

2 eggs
    1 baker potato
    1 large tortilla
    Frank's Redhot Sauce

scramble or fry eggs, poke holes in tater and microwave, scrape innards and eggs onto tortilla, season to taste and fold, yumbo

Quote Originally Posted by Big Jim View Post
    The Jack Daniels won't even be tasted but DAM ITS GOOD!!
    and that! is dangerous

Bar-None Smashed Taters

4 pounds Idaho spuds
    2 cups sour cream
    1 stick unsalted butter
    3 tablespoons prepared horseradish
    2 tablespoons cooking water
    2 bay leaves
    salt and pepper
    chopped chives
    bacon bits

Skin taters and dump into large pot, add bay leaves, 2 tablespoons salt, and cover with cold water.

Bring water to boil over medium-high heat and cook until spuds tender; about 20 minutes. (cube and cook longer at high elevation)

Remove bay leaves and reserve 2 tablespoons of the scummy top cooking water.

In large bowl add taters, sour cream, butter, horseradish, reserved cooking water and smash em.....salt and pepper to taste.

Garnish with chives and bacon bits. Thats what i'm talkin bout.

--->Dave

Now there's a man that knows how to make a Martini.
    Quote Originally Posted by bigalholmes165 View Post
    Dirty Martini

Put a martini glass into the freezer

Put a dozen ice cubes in a shaker

Pour 3 ozs of the juice out of a bottle of green olives over the ice

Shake (the shaker)

Pour back into the olive jar and save the juice

Add 3 jiggers of COLD vodka to the shaker (Surely you are keeping your vodka in the freezer!!)

Shake (see above)

Strain into your martini glass

Add 3 olives ..

.. and 2 ice cubes from your shaker

Enjoy!!

Oh yeah, the vermouth. Just glance at the bottle. That will be enough for your drink.

Uncle Larry's Sausage Stuffing

1 reg sized pkg jimmy dean sausage (you can use sage sausage if you don't want to use actual sage)
    1 tsp sage
    celery chopped (some people like celery, some don't. Add to your heart's content!)
    1 - 2 cups Coarsely ground bread crumbs
    salt & pepper to taste

Brown your sausage in a skillet. Do not drain. Add celery and cook through for about 5 minutes. Add your bread crumbs and seasonings and stir thoroughly. Let the juices from the sausage soak up into your bread crumbs.

This is actually one of my Cpl's fave recipes.

Green Sauce and Spaghetti

This is a family recepe that has never been let out of the family till now, I am giving it to all yall my family away from home.... My Marine Corps Family....

When I met my husband I was told I could not marry him unless he liked Green Sauce. it is a very importnat recepe in my family.... anyways here goes...

Green Sauce
    1 Cup Olive Oil
    I block of Cream Cheese
    1/3 Cup Paremsean Cheese
    1 Clove of fresh Garlic
    1/4 Cup Butter
    2/3 Cup Boiling Water
    2 Tbs Parsley
    2 Tbs Basil
    1/2 tsp pepper

In pot mealt Cream Cheese, butter, and parm cheese together. Put in Garlic, Parsley, Basil, pepper, and Olive Oil. Boil ingredients together. Use boilin water to help mix the oil in.

Spaghetti

Make some angel hair pasta or spaghetti pasta.

Put Spaghetti on plate and put Green Sauce on top.... Warning, A little goes a LONG way!!!! it is very rich in taste...

Can also make chicken to go with...

My own invention

One night my husband came home from work, and we had little to no food. we had potatoes, ground beef, and bbq sauce.... so i invented.....

1 Lb ground beef
    1/2 Cup bbq sauce (more if you want)
    About 6-8 potatoes
    sour cream (for the tops if you like)
    Shreadded cheese (for the top if you like)

Cook you potatoes in the oven. while thos are cooking, brown your ground beef, drain the fat, and add bbq sauce. When potatoes are cooked, cut them in half and take the potato out of the skin... keep the skins... in a mixing bowl mix potato and ground beef with bbq sauce together. then put the mixture back into the potatoe skins.. add cheese to the top, and put the on a cookie sheet back into the oven... till cheese is mealted... take out and enjoy.....

Thread Information