How about a Recipe Swap?! - Page 3
Create Post
Page 3 of 34 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    LOL!!!! Wookie, I can always count on you for explosives. HAHA!

I owe you guys a ton. There will be more in the morning!

Marine Spouse Free Member Idena's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by thewookie View Post
    1 -empty PLASTIC two-liter bottle of pop, 1 liter works, heck even an 16oz bottle
    1 -MRE heater element
    1- canteen of water

Crush the MRE heater element and put it in the empty two-liter bottle of pop. Take the canteen, unscrew the lid, and gently pour a little water into the bottle. Seal the bottle,,, and put in the Platoon Sgt's hooch.

Disappear....

This should work for a page 11 or maybe a NJP...
    That quite literally made me laugh out loud, Wookie!

Phantom Blooper
    Guest Free Member
    NEW TURKEY RECIPE

Your dinner will be the talk of the TOWN!!
    You should try this!
    Sure to bring smiles from your guests!
    Here is a new way to prepare your Thanksgiving Turkey.

1. Cut out aluminum foil in desired shapes.
    2. Arrange the turkey in the roasting pan, position the foil carefully. (see attached picture for details)
    3. Roast according to your own recipe and serve.

Quote Originally Posted by DobbinsBlythe View Post
    LOL!!!! Wookie, I can always count on you for explosives. HAHA!

I owe you guys a ton. There will be more in the morning!
    Never enter a room, without a BOOM!

Drunken Chicken

I'm amazed at the number of people I've run across - in various parts of the country- who all have a version of this easy outdoor cooking recipe. The whole chicken looks kind pretty humorous perched upon its beer can throne, but the final product is a delicious, moist bird that's always a hit at cookouts.

Start with your beer at room temperature. The right brand seems to be a hot debate among my friends. Some insist on light beer because it's more bubbly, while others go for exotic dark brews or favorite drinking brands.

You can use any marinade you choose for your chicken. For the marinade below, I like to use lime instead of lemon juice and a good Mexican beer Corona, or Bud lime. You'll have to experiment to find which brand of beer you prefer.

1 whole frying chicken
    1 can, 12 oz. beer

Marinade
    1/2 C fresh lemon or lime juice
    1/2 C fresh orange juice
    1/3 C olive oil
    1 tablespoon minced garlic
    1/4 C minced cilantro
    1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
    1/2 - 1 minced, seeded jalapeņo pepper (more or less depending on how much heat you like)
    1/2 teaspoon salt
    1 teaspoon black pepper

Mix all marinade ingredients together. Place chicken in a large plastic zipper bag and pour in the marinade, squeeze excess air from the bag and refrigerate for at least 6 hours or overnight.

Preheat grill to medium-hot temperature. Place a roasting pan on the grill, open a can of beer and carefully sit the chicken on top of the open can and set both the can and the chicken in the roasting pan on the grill (make sure you have previously removed the chicken's gizzards). The beer will bubble and boil during cooking, basting the bird from the inside. Brush bird with reserved marinade every 20 minutes or so. Bird should be cooked in about an hour, or however long it takes the breast meat to register 180° F on a meat thermometer.

Ellie

Quote Originally Posted by bigalholmes165 View Post
    Al's Super Awesome Margarita's

12 oz lime juice concentrate
    12 oz beer
    12 oz tequila

Put all into a blender.

Blend.

Pour into a pitcher.

Make a 2nd blender.
    (It's quite possible you'll forget how to make the 2nd or 3rd)

Enjoy some fine Margaritas!
    For some reason you have the exact recipe I have. ANd damm if it ain't good.

Stuffed Camel

1 whole camel, medium size
    1 whole lamb, large size
    20 whole chickens, medium size
    60 eggs
    12 kilos rice
    2 kilos pine nuts
    2 kilos almonds
    1 kilo pistachio nuts
    110 gallons water
    5 pounds black pepper
    Salt to taste

Skin, trim and clean camel (once you get over the hump), lamb and chicken. Boil until tender. Cook rice until fluffy. Fry nuts until brown and mix with rice. Hard boil eggs and peel. Stuff cooked chickens with hard boiled eggs and rice. Stuff the cooked lamb with stuffed chickens. Add more rice. Stuff the camel with the stuffed lamb and add rest of rice. Broil over large charcoal pit until brown. Spread any remaining rice on large tray and place camel on top of rice. Decorate with boiled eggs and nuts. Serves friendly crowd of 80-100.

And one real recipe, unless you can get your hands on that camel.

Sweet Chicken Bacon Wraps

1 1/4 pounds boneless, skinless, chicken breasts or chicken tenderloins (about 4 breasts)
    1 (1-pound) package thin sliced bacon
    2/3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
    2 tablespoons chili powder
    Toothpicks, soaked in water for 15-30 minutes.
    Swiss cheese optional but better

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
    Stir together brown sugar and chili powder. Cut each bacon slice into thirds or desired length in order to overlap enough to secure with toothpick, about 5-6 inches total. Cut chicken breasts or tenderloins into 1-inch cubes. For the Swiss cheese option, slice chicken cubes in half and add a small piece of cheese into the slice. Dredge chicken into sugar and spice mixture. Wrap each chicken cube with bacon and secure with a wooden pick. Dredge bacon wrapped chicken in mixture. Coat a rack and broiler pan with nonstick cooking spray. Place chicken wrap on rack in broiler pan. Bake 350 for 30 minutes or until bacon is crisp.

A suggestion. . . . Next time you plan on sausage, eggs, and hashbrowns, substitute the sausage with a good hot italian sausage.

While I'm not much for drinking, a nice complement to this breakfast would be a nice single malt scotch. . . . Glenmorangie comes to mind.

Cookies

1 box yellow cake mix (anything but Pillsbury.. for some reason it makes em nasty)
    1 cup (you can add more if you want) of anything you want.. i.e. m&ms or chocolate chips or white chocolate or penut butter
    1/4 C. Oil
    2 eggs

Preheat oven to 350 degrees and lightly grease a cookie sheet (probably two or three if you have em and don't feel like waiting for so many batches)

Mix all wet ingredients and cake mix until smooth. Add your fave ingredient (the chocolate chips or whatever). Spoon mixture (each spoonful should be heaping tablespoon) about 1-1/2-2 inches apart on cookie sheet. Bake for about 10 mins. Allow to cool for at least 20 mins before taking them off the cookie sheet.

These things will literally melt in your mouth.

Super Easy BBQ Chicken
    1 chicken (I prefer to use 1 pkg boneless skinless chicken breasts)
    1 whole bottle Kraft BBQ sauce (whichever one tickles your fancy)

Trim chicken. Put BBQ sauce all over chicken. Pour remainder all over chicken into baking dish. Baked covered @ 350 degrees for 1 hour.

1 lb beef sirloin, cut into strips
    taco seasoning
    refried beans
    1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
    1 cup shredded cheddar cheese or Mexican blend cheese
    tortilla chips
    sour cream
    salsa
    green onion

Directions
    1-Cut steak into strips.
    2-Brown in skillet and add taco seasoning as directed on package.
    3-Heat beans.
    4-Layer chips in a baking dish.
    5-Layer chips with half of your beans, steak,& cheese.
    6-Repeat and place in oven on 325 until cheese is melted.
    7-Top with salsa, sour cream and green onions.

Last edited by SlaveToTheCorps; 07-08-08 at 08:35 AM. Reason: Spelling...

You forgot to add massive amounts of Cuervo Gold

Marine Spouse Free Member Idena's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings

Tuna Avocado Salad

This is a really easy lunch or dinner recipe that my boys can't get enough of. It's a spunky twist on traditional tuna salad & makes it a little healthier.

2 hard-boiled eggs
    1 avocado
    1/2 Tbsp lemon juice
    1 sm. can tuna
    3 Tbsp mayonnaise
    1/2 cup onion, chopped
    2 Tbsp dill pickles, chopped
    2 tsp hot pepper sauce
    1/2 tsp salt
    1 head lettuce, shredded

In a bowel, combine hard-boiled eggs with avocado. Mash well with a fork. Add lemon juice to avoid discoloration. In a serving bowl, mix tuna, mayonnaise, onions, pickles, hot pepper sauce, & salt. Stir in the egg mixture. Serve over shredded lettuce (I never do the shredded lettuce thing - I just serve it in bowls with crackers to dip in it, or the boys eat it plain.).

yellowwing
    Guest Free Member
    In a bowel, combine hard-boiled eggs with avocado.
    Excuse me?

Thread Information