How about a Recipe Swap?! - Page 27
Create Post
Page 27 of 34 FirstFirst ... 17232425262728293031 ... LastLast
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Wife has a bread machine and we've experimented around with making a stuffing bread.

Follow the directions for making white bread except the salt and then add ...
    Poultry seasoning
    Ground Sage
    Onion Salt
    Fresh Garlic
    Celery seed
    White pepper
    Oregano
    Parsley
    Chicken boulion

Let the bread maker do it's thing then when the loaf is done cool over night. Next day slice then cube the bread. Place on a cookie sheet and put in the oven on the lowest setting for about 2 hours. Store in freezer bags.

You could fiddle around with adding other things like mushrooms or chopped onions.

Could stuff a bird with it as is or add a quarter stick of butter and some chicken broth to the bread crumbs before hand, stir it around till moist. When I make it at home I add chopped celery and chopped green onions.

Maybe a little more elbow grease involved than the box stuff but in the end cheaper and tastes better, with no preservatives.

Quote Originally Posted by SlingerDun View Post

Apple
    Carrot
    Ginger Root
    Lemon
    Pomegranate
    Parsley
    *Oregano Oil/Olive Leaf extract
    I've got this streamlined down to Carrot/Apple/Parsley/Lemon and Swiss Chard. The recent addition of Chard is high in calcium and magnesium = stress reduction. Pops and myself have both been sleeping better at night and feeling more relaxed during the day. These benefits were apparent almost immediately. About the only thing i've found more potent than Swiss Chard is Spirulina (basically seaweed). Not so easy to come by at the local grocers

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Badger burgers:

For the lack of finding brautwurst patties I took a dozen brauts and skinned them then formed into patties. Formed about 2 lbs of lean ground beef into patties. Cook all your patties on the grill with a weight on top (those things will ball up like a mini meatloaf without the weight). Light coat of butter on some wheat buns and give them a minute on the grill. Grill marks are cool! While all that is going on slice up about 3 yellow onions and with a bit of chopped garlic and some pepper saute in a skillet. Assembly is bottem bun then beffe patty then a slice of cheddar then sausage and a slice of swiss, then a slice of tomato and a couple pickle chips .... dress up the top bun with a little mustard and mayo.

Sweet corn is in season right now and I husk it and put it in a big pan of cold water with just a splash of vinegar, some sugar and some salt. Let it soak for about an hour. As soon as you get the corn on the grill put the soaking water on a boil. Keep turning the corn till the water comes up then put your nicely grilled corn back in the water and let it boil about 5 minutes. It turns out awesome!

I always start with the corn then proceed to the onions then cook the meat then brown the buns.

Sounds like a lot of work but once you get started it takes the duration of two beers.

Usually have potato salad and baked beans to go along with all that goodness.

Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by SlingerDun View Post
    Johnsonville Italian spicy sausage and bell peppers, ever had it? That's good victuals right there. I sided it with crunchy Ore-Ida onion rings instead of sourdough biscuits. Rocky?
    Yes Dave ?

Old World Italion Recipe, Federal Hill, Atwells Ave, Providence, Rhode Island

Ingredients:

• 2 tbsp olive oil
    • 1 large red bell pepper, seeded, cut into half-inch strips
    • 1 large green bell pepper, cut into half-inch strips
    • 1 yellow onion, halved, and cut in quarter-inch slices
    • 2 cloves finely minced garlic
    • 1 tsp white wine vinegar
    • pinch of cayenne
    • salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste
    • 4 grilled Italian hot or sweet sausage
    • 4 soft rolls, split
    Preparation:

Add the olive oil, pepper strips, and onion to a cold, large skillet, and turn on the heat to high. When you can hear the peppers and onions sizzling, reduce the heat to medium, and sauté for 8-10 minutes, or until the peppers and onions become soft and sweet. Add the garlic, and cook for one minute, stirring. Turn off the heat and add the vinegar, cayenne, salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste.

Divide the hot pepper mixture evenly over the four rolls and grilled sausages.

Note; Do not share this serving with anyone. You made it, you deserve to eat it all.

Upon completion of this meal, burp, fart, take a nap. Upon wakening, pace around the house for approx. 30 minutes swearing to yourself that you will never, EVER participate in this glutanence thing again.

Ponder this for several days and repeat this ritual again.
    Do not wait longer than 1 week .
    Enjoy,
    Godfuddah, Rocky

PS. Dave, I'm still drooling over that Salmon Brother

Well, the computer panel that controls the oven conked out and no way was i calling the "emergency repair guy" on Memorial Day weekend $$$$$

But the stove still works and was against driving to KFC for our chicken and biscuits.

There's a two inch tall cookie tin with the bottom cut out elevating the Corningware pot that's functional as an improvised Dutch oven.
    The biscuits will burn easily, even a notch under medium-low heat; they must be flipped every 5 minutes or so up until about 20 minutes total baking time. It gets too hot in the center

Chicken Piccata

My wife likes chicken piccata I can take it or leave it, went to Food net work and got a recipe
    and made it last night, I think it was better than the restaurant we go to.

Ingredients
    2 skinless and boneless chicken breasts, butterflied and then cut in half ( I cut mine into 2" pieces )
    Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
    All-purpose flour, for dredging
    6 tablespoons unsalted butter
    5 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
    1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
    1/2 cup chicken stock
    1/4 cup brined capers, rinsed
    1/3 cup fresh parsley, chopped
    Directions
    Season chicken with salt and pepper. Dredge chicken in flour and shake off excess.

In a large skillet over medium high heat, melt 2 tablespoons of butter with 3 tablespoons olive oil. When butter and oil start to sizzle, add 2 pieces of chicken and cook for 3 minutes. When chicken is browned, flip and cook other side for 3 minutes. Remove and transfer to plate. Melt 2 more tablespoons butter and add another 2 tablespoons olive oil. When butter and oil start to sizzle, add the other 2 pieces of chicken and brown both sides in same manner. Remove pan from heat and add chicken to the plate.

Into the pan add the lemon juice, stock and capers. Return to stove and bring to boil, scraping up brown bits from the pan for extra flavor. Check for seasoning. Return all the chicken to the pan and simmer for 5 minutes. Remove chicken to platter. Add remaining 2 tablespoons butter to sauce and whiskvigorously. Pour sauce over chicken and garnish with parsley.

( I served the chicken over rice and made extra sauce )

ok i'm gettin after it tonight but dont have any capers? what do they taste like, maybe i can find a substitute

You have to have capers, they make the hole recipe. (olives???)

Credits
    Savings
    Images

How bout some fall off the bone tender barbeque ribs, some baked beans, some fresh string beans sauted with bacon and almonds, and some sour cream potato salad?

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    How bout some honey glazed ham with fresh cooked yams, sweet peas with mushrooms and garlic and some home made wheat bread?

Looks Delicious Robert!!

Semper Fi My Brother

Stephen Doc Hansen Hm3 Fmf

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Philly cheese steak at home. Slice bell peppers (green, red, yellow). You don't need fancy gourmet knife work; just slice down one side and use your fingers to tear in half longways, then bust the seed pod off. Cut into strips and place in a bowl. Peel a yellow onion then cut in half top to root. Slice crossways and break up the slices into strips... kinda like half and onion ring. Add that to the bowl with the peppers. Add two cans of drained canned mushrooms. Season with paparika and soy sause and mix all together.

Take your rolls in half on a cookie sheet crust side down. Spray with a non fat cooking spray lightly. Season with garlic salt, thyme, ground rosemary and black pepper. Cover with a liberal amount of shredded mozzerlla. Place in the oven on broil. Keep a close eye on it. When the cheese is melted and the edges are brown it is time to take them out.

I cook steak-um on an electric griddle. No seasoning require but you will need some more Pam so the meat don't stick. As their cooking chop up with a pancake turner.

I saute all the vegetables in the wok then make the sandwiches one at a time. Assembly is easy ... meat on the bottem of the roll topped with a good amount of veg then put the top on and slice in half.

Canned baked beans warmed up on the stove and some fresh cherries and there you have it.

Phantom Blooper
    Guest Free Member

Trash Can Cooking......

Before OSHA said that cooking with galvanized items was bad for you I used a new 36 gallon steel trash can......cleaned three or four times to get off all the residues and rinsed throughly.Then mounted a grill grate inside 6" above bottom, fill with beer to grate.

Now I use a 40 gallon stock pot w/lid and a grate .

Adjust pot and food to the group size......This feeds about 50 people

Add beer to bottom of grate.

On top of grate in layers..
    60 ears of sweet corn...cleaned
    20 lbs new potatoes...cleaned and scrubbed
    5lbs onions whole or cut in rings
    10 lbs smoked sausage.....cut in pieces about 4"
    10 lbs hot italian sausage...... "
    10 lbs polish sausage............ "
    salt and pepper....to taste.....but enough for the potatoes

I s et it on top of my propane cooker burner

When steam starts coming out.......cook for 45 mins.

For this large of mess we covered a couple tables with plastic, and dumped it out.

Have metal tongs available.

Adjust everything to # of people.

Add shrimp and crab boil to beer and you'll have a Low Country Boil

Quote Originally Posted by Bulkyker View Post
    I bought beef and Hoagie rolls for tomorrows supper - and didn't forget the horseradish. The beef is in the freezer gettin firm so it's easier to shave into thin slices, i'll call the old guy and ask him to pull it out couple hours before i get home. We like when it sticks to the cast iron pan creating the charred taste. The cost of produce went up significantly over the weekend. That fork and spoon look like sterling silver?

Thread Information