How about a Recipe Swap?! - Page 25
Create Post
Page 25 of 34 FirstFirst ... 15212223242526272829 ... LastLast
    Rhode Island....I don't see why not, try it and see what happens....

Another trick I use when a recipe calls for flouring a surface for rolling out cookies or if I have to flour a cake pan....For cookies I use powdered sugar, this really good if you are doing a shortbread type cookie. For vanilla cakes you can use white flour or powdered sugar and for chocolate cakes or cookies I use cocoa powder

Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Great Idea!!!

Thank you Tina,
    Rocky

Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Best French Toast Receipe !!!

Ingredients
    • 1 cup half-and-half . 3 large eggs. 2 tablespoons honey, warmed in microwave for 20 seconds. 1/4 teaspoon salt. 8 (1/2-inch) slices day-old or stale country loaf, brioche or challah bread. 4 tablespoons butter
    Directions

In medium size mixing bowl, whisk together the half-and-half, eggs, honey, and salt. You may do this the night before. When ready to cook, pour custard mixture into a pie pan and set aside.

Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Dip bread into mixture, allow to soak for 30 seconds on each side, and then remove to a cooling rack that is sitting in a sheet pan, and allow to sit for 1 to 2 minutes.

Over medium-low heat, melt 1 tablespoon of butter in a 10-inch nonstick saute pan. Place 2 slices of bread at a time into the pan and cook until golden brown, approximately 2 to 3 minutes per side. Remove from pan and place on rack in oven for 5 minutes. Repeat with all 8 slices. Serve immediately with maple syrup, whipped cream or fruit.

ENJOY

Marine Free Member AlwaysWillBe's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Rocky!!! DAM!! I'm fat enough!!
    All that's missing is the sausage or bacon (Canadian??) !!!

dang i got no eggs! if i got eggs i got no bread, if i got bread and eggs, i got no french

Grilled Cheese:

1. Rosemary sourdough (or similar crusty bread), slathered with some butter or garlic butter

2. Gruyere and Havarti cheese

3. Smoked crispy bacon

4. Avocado

5. Tomato

That's pretty much it...just make it like a normal grilled cheese. The bread should crisp up nice and toasty...the Gruyere cheese is tasty..albeit pricey, and the Havarti cheese gives it a nice creaminess. Bacon is pretty much good on anything and goes really well with avocado. I hate tomatoes, but my wife likes them and said its good on the grilled cheese. Great dunked in tomato soup or a tomato bisque.

Pops just called one of his cronies: how's the blood pressure, prostate etc. you watching the D-day shows? Lakers? pause.......... David's cooking chicken and dumplings!

Have to post this..."WALKING TACO"

1 small bag (individual size) of Doritos or Fritos
    Make your taco meat
    Have all your taco fix'ns ready, whatever you use
    Salsa & Sour Cream (optional)

Give the bag a cruch to break up the chips a little bit, then add the meat, cheese, lettuce, etc...
    mix it up with a plastic spoon & eat.
    If using salsa and/or sour cream, add those last then mix with spoon

These were a hit with the kids at the Lacrosse concession stands this past season & pretty tasty

Grilled Tilapia with Tomato Relish
    Ingredients:
    2 tbsp (30 mL) fresh lemon juice
    2 tbsp (30 mL) olive oil, divided
    1 tbsp (15 mL) finely chopped fresh basil leaves
    1 tbsp (15 mL) finely chopped shallot
    2 tsp (10 mL) capers, drained
    3/4 tsp (4 mL) salt, divided
    1/2 tsp (2 mL) coarsely ground black pepper, divided
    4 tilapia fillets (4 oz/125 g each)
    Nonstick cooking spray for grilling
    2 cups (500 mL) cherry tomatoes

Directions:
    1. In a small mixing bowl, combine juice, 1 tbsp (15 mL) of the oil, basil, shallot, capers, ½ tsp (2 mL) of the salt and ¼ tsp (1 mL) of the coarsely ground black pepper. Brush fillets with remaining oil and season with remaining salt and black pepper.

2. Prepare grill for direct cooking over high heat. Spray BBQ Grill Tray with nonstick cooking spray for grilling. Preheat tray on grill grid 3 minutes. Place tilapia and tomatoes on separate sides of tray. Cover and grill 5-7 minutes or until tomatoes are charred and tilapia is cooked through, turning tilapia once (do not turn tomatoes). Add tomatoes to caper mixture; mix well. Serve tilapia with tomato relish.

Yield: 4 servings

Nutrients per serving: Calories 170, Total Fat 8 g, Saturated Fat 1.5 g, Cholesterol 55 mg, Carbohydrate 4 g, Protein 22 g, Sodium 520 mg, Fiber 1 g

I've been trying to get the hubby to eat a bit healthier and out of 20 recipes I've found and made this one got rave reviews...from him AND the kids. (if two toddlers will eat it ...you know it's good. lol)

Healthified garlic shrimp pasta

8 oz uncooked multigrain angel hair (capellini) pasta or spaghetti
    4 cups fresh baby spinach leaves
    1 1/2 cups halved cherry tomatoes
    3 teaspoons olive oil
    1 medium onion, finely chopped (1/2 cup)
    1 1/2 lb fresh medium shrimp, peeled, deveined and tail shells removed
    3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
    1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
    1/2 cup dry white wine
    1/4 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
    1/4 teaspoon salt
    1/8 teaspoon pepper
    3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
    2 tablespoons butter

1 In 5-quart saucepan cook pasta as directed on package. Drain; return to saucepan. Stir in spinach, tomatoes and 2 teaspoons of the oil. Cover to keep warm. 2 Meanwhile, while pasta is cooking, in 12-inch nonstick skillet, heat remaining 1 teaspoon oil over medium-high heat. Add onion; cook and stir 1 minute. Add shrimp, garlic and pepper flakes; cook and stir 2 minutes. 3 Stir in wine, broth, salt and pepper; cook 2 minutes or until shrimp are pink and firm. Remove from heat; stir in parsley and butter until butter is melted. Add shrimp mixture to pasta mixture in saucepan; toss to mix.

Handmade ground beef patties, topped with sharp cheddar cheese, wrapped in a bacon weave, then the next step, add hotdogs as the heads, legs and tail. Next step?

Place on an oven rack, covered loosely with foil and baked for 20-30 minutes at 400 degrees. A little crispy, not too crunchy...just how a turtle should be, no?

I can feel my arteries closing in just looking at these things...

Lemon Dijon Baked Fish and Chips

Thawed *Steelhead trout and frozen shoestring fries prepped and ready for the oven.

Adjust volume of ingredients to the amount of fish that needs to be covered, Translation: wing it...

Stir melted butter, Dijon mustard, lemon juice, minced garlic (or garlic powder) dill or dill sauce, paprika, salt, pepper et cetera into a paste and thoroughly drizzle the fillet or steak. except for the skin if it's retained, of course that will be facing down in the broiling or bake pan.

Get some of those bagged croutons and crush and pound them into coarse, sandlike powder. Broadcast crumbs onto all the prepared flesh and bake, about 350F until it flakes and easily peels away from the skin.

Monitor the thin tail areas of a fillet first, cut them away accordingly and serve up as appetizers while the heavy's are continuing to bake. The fries and fish should be finished about the same time at 350F, errr around 25 minutes average, stir up the fries half way through. The fish isn't crispy, it's delicate and rich and won't require traditional English condiments like malt vinegar, tartar sauce, lemon wedges...

yeah baby

* Salmon, Trout, Halibut, Lingcod, Tilapia, Pollock, Bass....

After at least eight attempts i finally concocted the home made fried rice to taste like it does over there at Chin's Kitchen

http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l2...b9de33e815.gif

Quote Originally Posted by egbutler1 View Post
    I broke this one down to the basics, I do a lot more to mine. Since im posting it i figured you can add other stuff to your taste.
    Italian Meatballs

Ingredients:

1 lb lean ground beef
    1/2 cup Italian bread crumbs
    1/3 cup water (more or less)
    1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
    1/4 cup Romano cheese
    1 medium onion
    garlic
    salt
    pepper
    Preparation:

Mix all ingredients together. Don't add all of the water at one time. Mixture should be moist but not so that the
    meatballs fall apart.
    Ok i've built enough of these now to just wing it, and a couple things that may be of interest: Dash of liquid smoke and maple syrup, makes for a smokey taste but not overwhelming or too sweet. Instead of water i'll run a handful of fresh cilantro and parsley through the juicer until there's about 1/4 cup of green liquid. Mortar and pestle whatever crackers we have available to make crumbs, pops likes Chicken in a Biskit and Ritz. Olive oil is what i use instead of water when turning them into balls, a light coat while baking seems desirable

I could eat a green mule hide, WHAT'S FOR DINNER!?

Thread Information