How about a Recipe Swap?! - Page 22
Create Post
Page 22 of 34 FirstFirst ... 1218192021222324252632 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by egbutler1 View Post
    I broke this one down to the basics, I do a lot more to mine. Since im posting it i figured you can add other stuff to your taste. I make mine hudge bake em' 20 mins on 1 side than flip and do another side of it. Than put them in some sauce and let em' sit all freaking day. Awesome!

Italian Meatballs

Ingredients:

1 lb lean ground beef
    1/2 cup Italian bread crumbs
    1/3 cup water (more or less)
    1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
    1/4 cup Romano cheese
    1 medium onion
    garlic
    salt
    pepper
    Preparation:

Mix all ingredients together. Don't add all of the water at one time. Mixture should be moist but not so that the
    meatballs fall apart.

Shape meatballs to desired size and place on a broiler pan (I wet my hands before shaping each meatball and
    it helps make a nice meatball.) Broil until outside is slightly brown on one side and then turn and broil the
    other side. When finished, add to spaghetti sauce and simmer at least 20 minutes but hours is better!
    EG they've been in the oven now for about 1/2 hour at 350 broil, switched to bake and kicked it up to 400 about 5 minutes ago

Did not have Italian bread crumbs but i do have Ritz crackers we'll see how it all works out directly but i'm thinking i may have used too much water

gotta go--->Dave

Pretty dang good! a little crumbly but that don't irritate the red sauce none

Pops and enjoyed it

Hey Maria----that Florida Sunrise sounds awesome! Thanks for sharing!!

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    The monster mushrooms. This one speaks for itself.

http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/al...p?albumid=2081

Marine Family Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Saw the link, Bulkyker. Dammm fine mushroom. I wonder what the storage, refrigerator etc., life is. I might coat it with Tempura type crumbs and then either pan fry them, the slices, or place them in the oven, with a slice of prosciutto, provolone cheese and a light marinara sauce OR I could just drink a whole lot of Bud,screw the tempura mix, povolone, marinara, prosciutto and just pan fry it as shown adding hot sauce to taste.
    Darn fine pictures. Makes me want to travel to Wisconsin.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    I didn't even ID the mushrooms in the album. Shame on me. If you want to web search them they are called giant puff ball mushrooms. They are pretty fragile so eating as soon as you bring them home is the ticket. I'm married to a city girl so when I bring new stuff home I have to eat it first and if I don't fall on the ground twitching then she will try it. Those mushrooms were a hit and I brought a couple home a year.

Marine Family Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    "... when I bring new stuff home I have to eat it first and if I don't fall on the ground twitching then she will try it."
    Yep, that's the ticket, Bulkyker, and that's what my senior citizen neighbors and the good Sergeants at the Marine Corps Recruiting Station are used for... Culinary Research and Development! LMAO. So far...I have been lucky. No deaths, no sh*ts.

EG's 'Talian meatball recipe transposed naturally into a loaf with minor tweaking,

1 extra lb of ground beef
    1/4 cup of maple syrple
    1 dollop of liquid smoke, olive oil, worcestershire, soy and red pepper sauce.

smokey meatloaf, rocks!

--->Dave

Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Italian Christmas Bread With Eggnog Glaze

Ingredients

For the Bread:
    • 1/2 cup hazelnuts
    • 1 cup eggnog, plus
    • 1 tablespoon eggnog
    • 2 tablespoons white sugar
    • 1/2 teaspoon salt
    • 3 tablespoons butter, softened
    • 1 egg
    • 1 egg yolk
    • 3 cups bread flour
    • 1 1/2 teaspoons instant yeast
    • 2 tablespoons anise seed
    • 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
    For the Glaze:
    • 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
    • 1 tablespoon eggnog
    Directions
    1. Preheat an oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Spread hazelnuts evenly on a baking sheet. Bake until lightly toasted, about 5 to 7 minutes. Remove the pan from the oven, transfer the nuts to a bowl, and let them cool. Place the eggnog, sugar, salt, butter, egg, egg yolk, bread flour, yeast, anise seed, and cinnamon into the bread machine. Program the machine for a basic cycle with the crust as "medium." Press start. Do not use the delay timer. Place the cooled toasted hazelnuts into the machine between Knead Cycle 1 and Knead Cycle 2. When the baking cycle ends, immediately remove the bread from the pan and allow it to cool on a rack.
    2. Prepare the glaze by combining the confectioners' sugar and eggnog in a bowl; mix well. It should be a drizzling consistency. Drizzle the glaze on the cooled bread before slicing.
    3. Enjoy !!!

Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Peppermint Bark

A traditional and quintessential Christmas treat, peppermint bark is ridiculously easy to prepare and can be done in a few minutes. Sweet white or dark chocolate holds in place broken chunks of peppermint candy. Eat it straight, place it in a bag or tin and make it a gift, or break it up into chocolate cupcakes or chocolate cookies.

Ingredients
    • 12 oz. of high-quality white chocolate chips or dark chocolate chips
    • 5 regular sized candy canes, crushed up
    • 1/2 teaspoon of peppermint extract
    Method

1. Break up peppermint candy into little pieces. Melt the chocolate according to the manufacturer's instructions. Once melted, add the peppermint extract and stir.

2. Pour the melted chocolate out onto a cookie sheet lined with wax paper and spread out with a spatula or wooden spoon. Sprinkle the peppermint candy chunks on to the chocolate and gently press them in with yours hands.

3. Place in the freezer for 5 minutes or until hardened. Break into pieces and serve or store in the fridge in an airtight container.

Enjoy !!!

Quote Originally Posted by RhodeIsland View Post
    Italian Christmas Bread With Eggnog Glaze
    Got all the ingredients on hand and i was clickin right along with how to build it until "'bread machine?!"

My "extra" appliances are George grill and a two slice toaster.

Sounds good though, pops loves egg nog, and bread, and sugar.

--->Dave

A CHRISTMAS HAM

Good on Biskits, too!!
    By Chef Vern
    Alright, here's the deal. Since Thanksgiving was just four weeks ago and since Turkey generally tastes like cardboard covered with gravy and since American's aren't real big on a Christmas Goose, I'm thinkin' you're thinkin' ham for Christmas.
    Now if there's one thing a true Southern Cook knows it's how to make a good possum stew...if there's two things a true Southern Cook knows it's how to make a tasty ham.
    Here's the secret. It's really easy.
    First, go the store.
    Second, get one of those spiral sliced Hams that the store sells.
    Third, follow the dang'ol directions on the ham. A dense monkey could figure it out. If you can read, and have a stove. You can make a ham.
    The glaze is the real trick. You see Ham's just a hunk of pig. No mystery there. You stick it in the oven and get it done....or if you prefer...get-r-done! Again, there isn't a ham sold at any grocery store in America that doesn't include basic, simple instructions on how to cook it.
    So what about that glaze?
    If you buy a Spiral-Sliced Ham at the store it'll come with a "glaze packet" which isn't bad. To make it better add some honey. Add about four tablespoons of honey and then follow the directions. You'll be hailed as a culinary genius.
    Now for something completely different toss out the store bought glaze and get this:
    1 Cup Jalapeno Jelly (For those you outside of Texas this is a wonderful Jelly made from Jalapeno Peppers) OR if you're too timid for Jalapeno's try an Orange Marmalade, or Apricot Jelly. Any of those work with this recipe.
    1 Teaspoon of Dry Mustard
    1/2 Teaspoon of ground Allspice
    2 Tablespoons of Vinegar
    1 dash of Soy Sauce.
    Combine all of these ingredients in a bowl and beat by hand until mixed well, then beat it a little more for good measure. Beat it like a rented mule!
    Now, go back to those ham instructions. Regardless of the type of ham you're cooking, when there is just 20 minutes left on the cook time, pull the ham out of the oven and baste it liberally with your glaze, but be sure to hang on to about a third of the glaze.
    Put the ham back in the oven. When the timer dings. Turn the temperature of the oven up to 425 degrees. Use the remaining glaze to bast the ham again. Stick it back in the oven for 10 minutes.
    When the time dings again, remove the ham, cool, eat. Enjoy!!!
    About Chef Vern -
    Chef Vern is a Texas born and bred chef who makes Paula Deen look like she's from New York City!!

Credits
    Savings
    Images

Jims Mistake Chili

I made this and screwed it up by dumping way too much chili powder improvised and it was great.

2 pounds of lean hamburger
    4 good sized lousiana hot links
    1 big old onion
    4 table spoons of cummin
    6 tablespoons of paprika
    cayenne pepper to taste
    1 whole garlic
    a whole bunch of chili powder
    maza flour to liking
    2 16oz cans of kidney beans
    1 can of tomatoe paste
    2 big cans of diced tomatoes
    1 can of stewed tomatoes
    and heres the improvised secret 1/2 cup of sugar

Brown the hamburger with onion and garlic and drain off the fat. Add all the other stuff and bring to a boil then simmer and add maza flour to the right thickness. Serve with fritos, chopped onions and grated cheese. Its a different tasting chili lol but its great and only gets hot when you stop eating it. Mass quantities of beer is a wonderful accompanyment.

Bon Appetite

Jim

COCA COLA SALAD

Ingredients:
    1 small package raspberry gelatin
    1 small package cherry gelatin
    12 oz. jar cherries
    1 large can crushed pineapple
    1 cup chopped pecans
    1 8 oz. package cream cheese (frozen)
    12 oz. Coca Cola (partially frozen)
    Directions:
    Dissolve gelatins in heated cherry and pineapple juices.
    Add Coke, cherries, pineapple and nuts.
    Grate frozen cream cheese over top of mold (gives the appearance of snow).
    Place in refrigerator to congeal.
    Serves 10.

PINEAPPLE BAKE

Ingredients:
    2 large cans pineapple chunks
    3/4 cup sugar
    3 tbsp. flour
    1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
    1/2 stick butter, melted
    1 sleeve Ritz crackers
    Directions:
    Drain pineapple juice into bowl and mix thoroughly with sugar and flour.
    Add pineapple and cheddar cheese. Transfer to a greased 8x8x2 baking dish.
    Mix melted butter and Ritz crackers and spread over pineapple mixture.
    Bake 350 for 30 minutes.

Thread Information