Page 19 of 34 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021222329 ... LastLast
    Frozen Berries with Hot White Chocolate

Ingredients
    1 1/4 pounds good white chocolate, coarsely chopped
    2 1/2 cups heavy cream
    2 tablespoons pure vanilla extract
    2 1/4 pounds frozen mixed berries or frozen raspberries
    Directions

Combine the chocolate, heavy cream, and the vanilla in a heat-proof bowl and set it over a pan of simmering water until the chocolate melts.

About 5 minutes before serving, remove the berries from the freezer and place them on individual serving plates. Ladle the warm chocolate sauce over the berries and serve. (I made this with frozen strawberries & blueberries...YUM!)

Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Barbecued Pigs Feet

Recipe Ingredients: 4 – pigs feet, split in half lengthwise
    2 - medium onions, chopped
    2 - stalks celery, chopped
    1 - garlic clove, chopped
    1 - bay leaf
    1 - teaspoon salt
    1/4 - cup cider vinegar
    1/4 - teaspoon pepper
    water

Cookware and Utensils:
    1 – Dutch oven or large boiling pot
    1 – slotted spoon
    1 – baking pan
    1 – cutting board
    1 – measuring spoons

Recipe Instructions:
    As always the key to great cooking is to be prepared and to use quality ingredients.
    Okay, so where do you buy pigs feet? Often times you will have to ask the grocery store butcher for the pigs feet because they're usually frozen and sometime stored in the back of the store.
    Begin by giving the pigs feet a good washing. For presentation purposes remove any unsightly hair that you observe. Yes pigs grow hair on the toes and feet just like humans. A disposable razor will remove the hair.
    Place all the ingredients in a large boiling pot and cover with water. Bring water to a boil over medium-high heat and then reduce heat to a simmer. Cover pot with lid and allow pigs feet to cook for about 2-1/2 hours. While your meat is cooking stir constantly and skim away any foam that develops.
    Preheat your oven to 325 degrees during the last 5 minutes of cooking your meat.
    Using a slotted spoon remove the pigs feet from the cooking juice. Try to keep the meat intact. Place the meat on a baking pan, in single layers with skin facing up. Also use the slotted spoon to remove some of the onions and spices from the cooking juice.
    Add the onions and spice to the top of the pigs feet and then apply a thick layer of your favorite barbecue sauce. Finally, place the pan in the oven and bake for about 40 minutes, until meat is tender.

Enjoy !!!

Phantom Blooper
    Guest Free Member
    Yes pigs grow hair on the toes and feet just like humans. A disposable razor will remove the hair.
    Don't forget to get under the nails!

Mulberry Street Burger

Ingredients
    2 (8-ounce) portions ground beef
    4 slices fresh mozzarella cheese
    4 slices pancetta
    1 tablespoon olive oil, plus more for salad
    1/2 cup butter
    3 cloves garlic
    3 or 4 basil leaves
    2 teaspoons crushed red pepper flakes
    2 burger buns, your choice
    Baby arugula
    4 slices tomato
    Basil Ketchup, recipe follows
    Directions

Heat the oven to 350 degrees F. Heat a large skillet.

Divide each beef portion into 2 equal amounts and shape them into patties (you should have 4 patties altogether). Place 2 mozzarella slices on 1 patty, then top with another patty. Close the edges of the patties to enclose the cheese, basically stuffing the burger with the mozzarella. Wrap each burger with 2 slices of pancetta.

Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a medium oven-proof skillet over medium heat and brown each burger on both sides. Place the burgers in the oven to finish cooking.

In a small saucepan, melt the butter and remove from heat. Meanwhile, chop the garlic and basil and add to butter with 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes. Brush this on the burger buns and toast under the broiler or in a toaster oven.

In a bowl, toss together the arugula, olive oil, to taste, and the remaining 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes.

Place the burgers on the bun bottoms, top with tomato slices, arugula salad and Basil Ketchup.

Basil Ketchup:
    1/2 bunch fresh basil leaves
    1 cup ketchup
    2 cloves garlic
    1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes

In a small blender or processor, blend all the ingredients. Transfer to a small bowl and refrigerate until ready to use.

Ellie

Forget the sugar

Quote Originally Posted by DobbinsBlythe View Post
    Ok, Cornbread...

Forget the sugar.....that's johnny cake. A yankee form of cornbread.

2 cups Martha White self rising corn meal
    1 1/3 cup buttermilk
    1/4 cup vegetable oil
    1 egg
    1 TBsp sugar (approximately)

Preheat oven to 450... heavily grease cake pan with additional vegetable oil or shortening (crisco...) Place pan in hot oven while mixing ingredients..

mix ingredients together.

Pour mixture into sizzling hot cake pan. Must sizzle.. Won't be great cornbread if it doesn't...

Bake for about 20-23 mins. (Until golden on top)

Inspired by Egbutler since he says he can't find good cornbread...

i just made some killer beans tonight:

3 cups of pinto beans
    6 cups of water
    2 jalapenos seaded and sliced
    1 medium onion coarsely chopped
    1 tblspoon chili powder
    1 tspoon black pepper
    1/2 tspoon cumin
    1/4 tspoon oregano
    2 strips of bacon
    8oz chopped cooked ham

put all the ingredients into a crockpot except for the ham, put on high for 1.5-2 hours keeping an eye on the water level. you want just enough water to cover the beans at all times so they dont dry out. make sure to stir it occasionally so the beans dont stick to the bottom.
    after the 1.5-2 hours put the chopped ham in and lower the heat to low. let simmer for about 4-5 hours until beans are tender...

now what i like to do is make some rice and put the beans over it in a bowl. then you can eat like it is, or add some louisiana style hotsauce, or some red wine vineger, its down right delicious either way

Quote Originally Posted by usmcdanno View Post

ROFL.. I only add sugar b/c it adds some moisture. There's no sweetness :P

Pepperoncini Pickled Eggs

Ingredients: Hard cooked eggs
    Smoked sausage (cut into manageable chunks)
    Greek pepperoncini's with juice
    Mexican pickled carrots with juice
    Chinese rice vinegar (about 1/2 a cup for variety and i just happened to have some left over from my wok experiments)
    Distilled white vinegar

These baby's will sit in the back of the fridge for a couple few weeks until permeated. Ifin can keep pops and the urchins away....they go good with just about anything but donuts, "heartburn eeeee!

--->Dave

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	pickledeggs 001.jpg‎
Views:	126
Size:	16.8 KB
ID:	8067  

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by SlingerDun View Post
    Ingredients: Hard cooked eggs
    Smoked sausage (cut into manageable chunks)
    Greek pepperoncini's with juice
    Mexican pickled carrots with juice
    Chinese rice vinegar (about 1/2 a cup for variety and i just happened to have some left over from my wok experiments)
    Distilled white vinegar

These baby's will sit in the back of the fridge for a couple few weeks until permeated. Ifin can keep pops and the urchins away....they go good with just about anything but donuts, "heartburn eeeee!

--->Dave
    DayYam.

Good one, Slinger.

Tomorrow!!

BUT 1st, 270 plus posts. My search is limited to QUICK.

Where is Ms Elie's post on how to hard boil eggs after you punch holes in the shell?

Corpsman Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    GOOD GRIEF!!....I can smell my farts from DOWNTOWN!! Do that receipe with Jalopeno's!!!....YUMMY!!

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    We must be thinking along the same lines slinger. I just slapped together a batch of pickled eggs about a week ago.

It's the second batch this summer and the buzzards already gathered sign

I perfer pickled califlower over the eggs.

Credits
    Savings
    I still can't find Ms Ellie's pinhole trick for hard boiled eggs. .

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Finished off the last of the pickles from a half gallon jar. Boiled 4 or 5 thai peppers. You know them little itty ones that are hotter than a 2 dollar pistol. Anyway boiled them in vinegar for a few minutes then dumped them and the vinegar in the pickle juice. Added the juice from a can of beets to give it that red color. Chopped some fresh garlic then added a dozen boiled eggs. I figure it takes a couple weeks of sitting before they are just right. Tastes just like the ones sitting on the bar at any ole redneck honkey tonk.

Thread Information