Create Post
Page 16 of 34 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast
    Oven Roasted Garlic Fries

6-8 potatos scrubbed (not peeled) and cut into wedges
    1/4 cup olive oil
    2 tablespoons butter, melted
    3 garlic cloves, minced
    3 tablespoons parsley, chopped

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Place potatoes on parchment linedbaking sheet. Toss with olive oil, melted butter, garlic, parsley, salt and pepper. Spread in one layer and bake for 30-35 minutes. They should be tender, golden brown and crisp on the outside. Serve immediately.

Pork Chops with Port Wine Sauce

8 (1/2 inch thick) boneless pork chops
    2 teaspoons fresh rosemary, minced
    1/4 teaspon each salt and pepper
    3/4 cup Port Wine
    1 cup whole cranberry sauce

Combine Rosemary with salt and pepper. Use this mixture to season both sides of each chop. Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in large non stick skillet over meduim high heat. Cook pork chops in batches, until browned and cooked through. Remove to plate and cover. Add wine and cranberry sauce to skillet; cook, whisking, about 2 minutes or until sauce is slightly thickend. Spoon sauce over pork to serve.

Credits
    Savings
    Images

Talking You Try Cooking Being A Single Parent(lmao)

ASPIRIN CAKE, Preheat oven to 375.Turn down the TV;remove toys from countertops.Measure 2 cups flour;get baking powder.Remove Bobby's hands from flour.Put flour,baking powder and salt into sifter.Vacume mixture off kitchen floor(Bobby spilled).Get an egg.Answer phone.Seperate egg and warm baby Ann's bottle.Help Sue figure out new math problem;the old reliable way!Grease pan.Salesman at door.Take 1/4" of salt from greased pan and look for Bobby.Put mess in wastebasket,dishes in dishwasher,call the bakery.Take An Aspirin!!!

Phantom Blooper
    Guest Free Member
    Bourbon-Marinated Flank Steak

Ingredients:
    1/4 cup bourbon
    1/4 cup Dijon mustard
    1/4 cup brown sugar
    4 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
    1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
    1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
    1 1/2 pounds flank steak, trimmed of fat and sinew

Directions:
    Combine bourbon, Dijon mustard, Worcestershire, brown sugar, salt, and pepper in a small bowl. Place steak in a shallow dish or ziplock and rub marinade all over, coating it well. Allow to marinate at room temperature for 30 minutes. (Can be marinated up to 24 hours. Just be sure to cover and refrigerate.)

Once steak has marinated, heat a grill pan or outdoor grill over medium-high heat. Grill steak for 5 to 6 minutes per side for medium rare and remove to a cutting board to rest for 10 to 15 minutes.

Season with additional salt and pepper, slice thinly across the grain, and serve.

I like steak and I like bourbon...so this is an excellent combination!

Fence that Bobby urchin off in his pen or i aint doin no cookin

The perfect boiled egg.

Here's Pepin's method. Enjoy and let me know what you think.

1. Add water to a pot that will just cover the eggs and heat to boiling.

2. While water is warming up, take a thumb tack and pierce a small hole in the round end of each egg. (Yes, you heard me right...just do it. :-) ) If you hold the egg firmly in the left hand and pierce with the right, you should have no problem.

3. When the water is boiling add the eggs to the boiling water. You will see air coming out of the little hole.

4. Set timer for exactly 10 minutes. You can turn the heat down a tad so it's a "soft" boil, but you want them in this bath for the full 10 minutes.

5. Fill another bowl with water and add ice cubes.

6. After 10 minutes pour off the water and swirl the eggs in the empty pan to crack the shells... YES, crack 'em!

7. Dump the eggs in the ice bath for at least 8 minutes.

8. Peel the eggs under running water.

The eggs should be perfect. The outside firm not hard, the inside yellow and semi firm without any hint of blue around the yolk. The taste should be delicious.

If you go to the link you will not only see Pepin boiling the perfect egg, you will see him cook asparagus perfectly and a red pepper dip and potatoes au gratin...

http://www.kqed.org/w/morefastfoodmyway/episode208.html

Ellie

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    I will have to try that ... sounds cool and always open to new ideas.

The way I was taught to make a perfect boiled egg was put the eggs in cold water and put on heat. As soon as the water comes to full boil wait one minute then turn off the heat. Leave the pan on the burner for a full 10 minutes then remove and rapidly cool with ice water. Eggs refrigerated can last for months and many that you buy are not fresh out of the chicken. Pick eggs that have an expiration date months away and they turn out better boiled. All the rest are just fine for scrambled or adding to cake or whatever but the best boiled eggs depend on how old they are.

I think i can post in here if not i am sorry.

Chocolate Cake Shot

1/2 oz Frangelico® hazelnut liqueur
    1/2 oz vodka
    Sugar covered lemon

Mix on ice for best results. Pour the shot, take the shot then suck on the Lemon. YUMMY!

Marine Spouse Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Well, poi is a Hawaiian staple, it's taro mashed to a paste. Samoans, we just bake or boil the taro whole and it's a lot like potato just a little heavier starch. I like poi if I have Kalua Pork or Lomi Salmon

Forsale (soon): Ann’s Snack Bar, home of the “Ghetto Burger”
    The Atlanta Journal-Constitution ^ | May 18, 2009 | jgumbrecht

Posted on Tuesday, May 19, 2009 4:32:25 PM by EveningStar

Ann’s Snack Bar, the Kirkwood home of the “World Famous Ghetto Burger,” might not be around much longer — at least not with Ann herself ...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ghetto Burger
    I hear they got some tasty burgers. I ain't never had one myself.
    MMMMMM, That is a tasty ghetto burger
    Two half pound patties, chili, two slices of cheese, bacon, onions, lettuce, tomato.

Marine 84 ought to jump on this,

One thing I really miss & that is the good ole SOS. I had it several places but never tasted the same as in the mess hall. Every morning I would get SOS topped with two eggs over easy.

Has anyone obtained the secret receipt ? If so whould you please share it...

I am fairly certain most of us don't really want to know what went into SOS.

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by Skosh59 View Post
    One thing I really miss & that is the good ole SOS. I had it several places but never tasted the same as in the mess hall. Every morning I would get SOS topped with two eggs over easy.

Has anyone obtained the secret receipt ? If so whould you please share it...
    Methinks I have seen the recipe in this thread.

I tried searching on SOS but got no matches

next step is to go through each page unless someone else posts it.

Quote Originally Posted by CPL Nelly View Post
    I am fairly certain most of us don't really want to know what went into SOS.
    Yea, when I was mess duty I can remember a few things that may have contributed to the unique tast.....

Thread Information