How about a Recipe Swap?! - Page 6
Create Post
Page 6 of 34 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
    Credits
    Savings
    Still 3 behind ...

I know.. but hey.. I'm only 22.. I'm thinkin up all my good recipes. >.< Gimme a little time to think!

Fried Beaver

(Beaver) Atlanta Special (No I am not Talking about Kim
    . (Marine 84)

Beaver Tail

Searching for new bathroom sinks and cabinet hardware for your home make over? What about new ideas for kitchen islands? If so, browse a large collection of home renovation accessories here today!

BEAVER OR RACCOON ROAST WITH BARBECUE SAUCE

Beaver with Sour Cream

Deep Fried Beaver

Beaver Stew

Country Style Beaver

Barbecued Beaver

Roasted Beaver

Beaver is a fine textured red meat. Fat deposits are found outside or between muscles, much like venison. While the meat will not dry out while cooking as fast as venison it will dry out faster than most lean cuts of beef. Unlike venison, the fat is not as likely to become rancid. Removal is however recommended, especially deposits inside both the front and rear legs which contain glands. The castor glands are found in the lower abdominal cavity. As with other internal organs, fluids escaping will give the meat an off or bitter flavor. Castor glands should be frozen and sold or given to a trapper who can in turn sell the glands to be used by the perfume industry.

Also unlike deer, beaver needs to be soaked overnight in salt water to remove blood from the meat. Trapped beaver do not have a chance to bleed out.

Cutting up a dressed beaver requires special attention to bone structure or most meat will end up on soup bones. Meat tends to cut easier when it contains some ice crystals. Most of the best meat on the beaver will be found on the hams and along the back bone. The larger muscles attest to the powerful back legs and tail. The tender loin or back strap found along both sides of the top of the back is wider at the shoulders and tapers to a point near the hams. The tender loin is found inside the body cavity at about the middle of and to either side of the back. Steaks are difficult to cut from the ham area. Most meat will be chunks or strips. The flanks, between ribs and the hams, are often strong tasting either by nature or contamination by body fluids.

Many of your favorite venison recipes will probably work with beaver.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    I liked the sweet potato recipe and here is another.
    baby carrots
    sweet potatoes
    bacon
    yellow onion
    powdered ginger

Peel and cut the sweet potatoes to about the same size as the baby carrots.
    Dice the onion
    Cook off the bacon in a large skillet. Remove bacon to paper towels to drain.
    Place carrots onions and sweet potatoes in skillet and fry on low with a good sprinkle of powdered ginger. When the carrots are soft add the bacon crumbled back in. That is some good chow.

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by DobbinsBlythe View Post
    I know.. but hey.. I'm only 22.. I'm thinkin up all my good recipes. >.< Gimme a little time to think!

Now 4-1/2 behind. (only crediting Ed with 1/2 a recipe, him being old and all )

Now get some clothes on and get to work.

Trappers in the beaver state who fed on beavers who fed on water hemlock were belly up "gone beaver"

I knew I did that wrong so here it are.

Beaver ATLANTA SPECIAL RECIPE

1 beaver (8-10 lbs.)
    1 bay leaf
    2 med. onions
    1-2 garlic cloves
    Celery leaves - optional
    Flour
    Salt and pepper

Remove all fat from beaver. Cut up as you do rabbit. Soak overnight in salt water. Parboil until about half-cooked in water with the bay leaf, onions, and garlic. Celery may or may not be added. Drain, roll in flour and brown in hot fat, season with salt and pepper. Bake in covered pan in a moderate oven until tender. Gravy may be made from the drippings. Plan the same number of servings as from a similar weight of pork (8 oz. per serving). Beaver is very rich.

FRIED BEAVER RECIPE

1 small beaver (20 lbs.), cleaned and skinned, cut into serving pieces, strips or cubes
    6 slices bacon
    1 tsp. seasoning salt

Remove fat from beaver and soak overnight in cold water. Drain. Cook in small amount of water until tender, then fry with bacon and seasoning salt. Variation: substitute hickory-smoked seasoning salt for plain seasoning salt.

BEAVER TAIL RECIPE

Hold over open flame until rough skin blisters. Remove from heat. When cool, peel off skin. Roast over coals or simmer until tender.

I came up with this one on Aug 2.

Peanut Chicken

Plenty of Olive Oil (have about 1/2 Cup available)
    Creamy Peanut butter (about 1/2 Cup)
    3 Tbsp honey
    Salt & Pepper to taste
    Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts

Trim chicken if necessary. Drizzle a little Olive Oil on the chicken and rub down with salt, pepper and about 1 tsp honey.

In med skillet, heat about 1/4 cup of olive oil (save the rest in case sauce becomes too thick) until plenty hot. Add penut butter and stir frequently to create a sauce. Add about 2 tsp honey for sweetness. Once sauce is "saucy" add chicken, reduce to medium heat, and cover. Flip chicken when necessary. Make sure to stir the sauce around frequently. Add additional oil if necessary.

You can save the penut sauce and serve it over white rice with fresh vegetable stir fry.

<3

Credits
    Savings
    Good one, BUT, you ain't never gonna catch up.

3-1/2 behind.

Question however, how do you know if you need to 'trim' boneless skinless chicken breasts?

Chocolate Chip Banana Bread

3/4 C sugar
    1 C Mashed Bananas
    1/2 C softened butter
    1/2 C Sour Cream
    2 Eggs
    1 Tsp Baking Soda
    3/4 C Chocolate Chips (1/2 bag)
    2 C Flour
    1/2 Tsp Salt

Grease & Flour a 9x5 or 2 8x4 loaf pan. Beat sugar & butter until light & fluffy. Add bananas, eggs, & Sour cream. Beat thorougly. Add all dry ingredients, then chocolate chips. Bake at 350 degrees for 55-65 mins. Make sure to test loaf by using a WOODEN toothpick. Very easy to underbake.

Serves about 6 (greedy little fingers)

Last edited by DobbinsBlythe; 08-07-08 at 09:52 AM. Reason: forgot something.

Cheese Sauce for steamed veggies:

1/2 C. Whole Milk
    2 tsp worchestershire sauce
    1 tsp salt
    1/2 tsp pepper
    2 slices AMERICAN cheese
    1/2 C sharp cheddar (shredded)

Heat milk in saucepan until boiling. Reduce heat and add all liquid ingredients. Add everything else. Stir frequently over medium high heat. If it takes too long to get to a gravy consistency (that's where you want it) add extra shredded cheese.

Quote Originally Posted by bigalholmes165 View Post
    Good one, BUT, you ain't never gonna catch up.

3-1/2 behind.

Question however, how do you know if you need to 'trim' boneless skinless chicken breasts?
    Usually you can see a lot of excess fat .. just cut it off.. unless you like extra lard clogging up your arteries

Marine Spouse Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Beef & Broccoli

1 lb well marbled beef
    1/3 cup of oyster sauce
    4 tbsp of peanut oil

1 lb broccoli florets (can substitute frozen broccoli)
    1 large yellow onion
    1 bell pepper (any color)
    2 carrots (optional, but nice for color and texture)

Slice beef into thin strips, onion and pepper should be a rough chop. Carrots, if you add them, round slices like for a stew. Broccoli small (bite size) whole florets.
    In a large wok or pan add 2 tbsps of oil on med-hi to hi heat. Put in beef strips and half of the onion stir until beef is browned. Add 2 tbsp of oil again put in rest of veggies and stir for 2 minutes.
    If you opted for the frozen broccoli , watch those because if you stir too much they fall apart...so toss don't stir. Lastly lower the heat to a simmer and add in oyster sauce, stir/toss until all veggies and beef are coated.
    This serves 3... well in my family it only serves 3.

This one's the bomb! Let me know what you think! Enjoy!

Chicken in Wine and Cream Sauce with Tarragon Broccoli as a side

Boneless, skinless chicken breasts (as many as you need for dinner, plus leftovers)
    Butter or Margarine (1 tbs per breast)
    White wine (1 cup) (I use Chablis)
    Chicken Broth (1 cup)
    Heavy Cream (2 pints)
    Lemon Juice (8 tsp)
    Salt (2 tsp)
    White Pepper (1/2 tsp)
    Rice (2 cups)

Cook rice.
    Cook and caramalize chicken in a frying pan in butter or margarine.
    Remove chicken and deglaze pan with white wine. Add chicken broth. Reduce by half. Reduce heat and add remaining ingredients to warm (don't let it boil).

To serve:
    Plate rice, then chicken on top and pour sauce over both. (LOTS OF SAUCE)

Broccoli (2 lbs)
    Eggs (2 hard boiled)
    Sour Cream (1 cup)
    Mayonnaise (1/2 cup) (I use Duke's)
    Tarragon Vinegar (2 Tbl)
    Paprika (1/8 tsp)

Steam broccoli and place in casserole dish. Slice eggs on top. Warm sour cream, mayonnaise and tarragon vinegar and pour over broccoli and eggs. Sprinkle with paprika. Bake uncovered 10 minutes at 350 degrees.

Garlic Bread is also good with this meal.

Credits
    Savings
    Sounds good. I like anything cooked in wine.

Now, 2-1/2 behind.

Thread Information