How about a Recipe Swap?! - Page 9
Create Post
Page 9 of 34 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast
    Phantom Blooper
    Guest Free Member
    BAKED STUFFED CHICKEN

6-7 lb. Chicken
    1 cup melted butter
    1 cup stuffing (Pepperidge Farm is good.)
    1 cup uncooked popcorn (ORVILLE REDENBACHER'S LOW FAT)
    Salt/pepper to taste

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Brush chicken well with melted butter, salt, and pepper. Fill cavity with stuffing and popcorn.

Place in baking pan with the neck end toward the back of the oven.

Listen for the popping sounds.

When the chicken's azz blows the oven door open and the chicken flies across the room, it's done.

And you thought I couldn’t cook!

I find this recipe will test the mettle of anyone.

Genuine Haggis

1 sheep's stomach bag plus the pluck (lights, liver and heart)
    1 lb Lean mutton
    6 oz Fine oatmeal
    8 oz Shredded suet
    2 large Onions, chopped

Salt and pepper about 1/4 pint beef stock. Soak the stomach bag in salted water overnight. Place the pluck (lights, liver and heart) in a saucepan with the windpipe hanging over the edge. Cover with water and boil for 1 1/2 hours. Impurities will pass out through the windpipe and it is advisable to place a basin under it to catch any drips.

Drain well and cool. Remove the windpipe and any gristle or skin. Mince the liver and heart with the mutton. (Add some of the lights before mincing if you wish.) Toast the oatmeal gently until pale golden brown and crisp. Combine with minced mixture, suet and onion. Season well and add sufficient stock to moisten well. Pack into the stomach bag, filling it just over half-full as the stuffing will swell during cooking. Sew up the bag tightly or secure each end with string. Put an upturned plate in the base of a saucepan of boiling water, stand the haggis on this and bring back to the boil. Prick the haggis all over with a large needle to avoid bursting and boil steadily for 3 to 4 hours. Makes 6 to 8 servings

Quote Originally Posted by SlingerDun View Post
    Just found a wok in the basement, whats the half circle grill for that sets on top? Humpin towards the store for chicken breasts, rice and sauces and such. Any chicken wok recipes???

--->Dave

Try out that penut chicken recipe... only beat penut butter with heavy cream and only add a small amount of oil. See how that turns out. Mix in some sugar snap peas and julienned carrots and some diced onion.. toward when the chicken is almost done. Should be pretty good

(dice the chicken... it's near impossible to cook a whole chicken breast in a wok.. too hot)

Marine Spouse Free Member
    Credits
    Savings

Smile

Just found a wok in the basement, whats the half circle grill for that sets on top? Humpin towards the store for chicken breasts, rice and sauces and such. Any chicken wok recipes???

--->Dave
    You can use shrimp or chicken for curry.
    Actually I have another recipe for a curry stew that I used for chicken breast or chicken tenderloin

4 tbsp oil
    4 tbsp curry powder
    1 large onion diced
    2 large chicken breasts or 1 lb chicken tenderloins cube cut
    2 large carrots round cut
    3 potatoes cubed cut
    1 tsp salt (or salt to your taste)
    2 c water (you may need to add water in periodically because it will steam out)

Place oil, curry powder and onion in a medium (1 1/2 qt) pot on medium heat. Stir until curry and oil are blended and onions are semi-clear. Add in chicken, veggies and water and let simmer until all is cooked down. Potatoes will break down and add starch to the stew to thicken... remember to stir it occasionally. You can serve with rice or eat it all by itself, our family eats a lot of rice.

Credits
    Savings

Wink

--->Dave
    Oh the half grill is for steaming, but if you have larger portions it's better to just get a bamboo steam basket. Most stir-fry recipes you can substitute with any meat, poultry or shellfish. Remember for stir-fry you need to cut your veggies and meats to bite-size or it won't cook evenly. And the best oil to use for most stir-fry is peanut oil because it doesn't burn so easy on high heat like olive or vegetable oils. If you do choose another oil then turn down the heat a little.
    When you are using a wok, add oil first and roll wok to coat. The center has the highest heat, so when you are cooking move your cooked portions toward the sides and place whatever you are adding next in the center and then incorporate the rest in. Happy cooking!

yellowwing
    Guest Free Member

Sweet Ham Salad

Left over baked ham.
    One or two red peppers, (depending on amount of ham left).
    One or two chopped pickles, (also depending on the amount of ham left).
    Real Mayonnaise.
    Extra Virgin Olive Oil
    Black Pepper.
    Balsamic Vinegar.

Chop up your ham leftovers to a size of a quarter.
    In an iron skillet heat the ham up until it starts to sizzle.
    Blast it with the Balsamic Vinegar.
    *CAUTION Keep your nose away from the hot vinegar fumes! (It stings like hell)
    Stir occasionally to ensure evenness of balsamic caramelizing.
    If you can't smell vinegar anymore, take out a piece and taste test it.

In a food processor start Chopping (DO NOT puree) up your ham and mayonnaise.
    Drop in your red pepper.
    Drop in your chopped pickles.
    Drizzle in some extra virgin olive oil.
    Add dashes of pepper.

Taste test it. Adjust ingredients to taste.

Serve over black or dark rye with lettuce and a tall frosty beverage.

New England Clambake!

3 dozen steamer clams (more if you’d like)
    3 dozen fresh mussels
    6 live lobsters
    18 small red or white potatoes
    6 ears of corn (in the husk)
    6 medium onions
    3 lemons (cut into wedges)
    One or two sticks (quarter pound) of melted butter
    If you live near the beach some seaweed or rockweed
    12 pieces of 18” x 36” cheesecloth
    12 pieces of heavy duty aluminum foil
    6 metal nutcrackers and small fish forks

Wash the clams, mussels and potatoes thoroughly. Peel the onions (not the potatoes) and remove the silk from the top of the ears of corn. Don’t remove the husks or the corn will get dried out when it cooks.

Lay out two pieces of foil with two pieces of the cheesecloth on top. Wrap this around 1 lobster, 3 potatoes, 6 clams, 6 mussels, 1 ear of corn, 1 onion and some seaweed or rockweed — if you were able to find it — add a cup of water to the package. Make sure to tie the cloth over the food and seal the foil well. This can be done without the cheesecloth if you can’t find any, but the food tends to get dark in spots and the lobster is dryer without the cloth to hold the moisture.

Make six of these packages and place them on a barbecue grill about 4 inches from the heat. Cover the grill with the hood or with large pieces of foil tucked in around the edges of the grill.

Let the packages steam for 1 hour flipping them every 15 minutes. If the potatoes are done, it’s a good indication that the lobster and the rest of the package is ready for your feast.

Open the packages and serve them with the lemon wedges and melted butter... you’ll need the nut crackers and fish forks to get the lobsters out of the shell...

Ellie

LOBSTER BISQUE

After a lobster feast, save the bodies and shells for lobster bisque. Pick out body meat and set aside. Be sure to discard small sac behind head of lobster. Use only shells and membranes from the body.

Combine in a large kettle: 1-2 bay leaves Water to cover 1 tsp. dill seed
    Simmer for about 1 hour to extract all the flavor from the shells. Pour all through a fine strainer. Discard the shells. Reserve the lobster stock. Cook together until onion is yellow: 1 tsp. chopped onion 1 sprig parsley
    Add, cook and stir 5 minutes lobster meat, the more the better! Stir in 2 tablespoons flour and 1/4 teaspoon mustard. Add and simmer 20 minutes 2 cups lobster stock. Discard parsley, add and heat to boiling 2 cups light cream or milk and salt and pepper.

Ellie

Peanut oil, solid baby. Also found a vintage early to mid 70's avocado green fondue pot with all the utensil skewers and sticks, never been used but need Sterno or heat tabs

--->Dave

Quote Originally Posted by usmchauer View Post
    ...I think these ribs are right up there with what they put out. But Famous Dave's has me beat at the moment.
    Well, i only BBQ Beef and Bison

--->Dave

Okay i made the Oriental Curry (Chicken) Couldn't find coconut milk so i used 6 ounces of cow milk and subbed with 6 of errr chocolate ice cream and forgot to buy curry~^%#@*+~!=#@!

Added pickled baby corns for garnish and the concoction turned out delicate over rice.

Doled out a plate for pops and he says: Thats pretty tasty Chinese where'd you get it? I say's: I built it mannn! Pop say's: Huh! i'll be damn...

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    I'm still trying to figure out what pluck (liver heart and lights) are and what the wind pipe has to do with any of it.

Credits
    Savings
    Maria, you are so far behind, you'll NEVER catch up!!

Credits
    Savings
    Okay i made the Oriental Curry (Chicken) Couldn't find coconut milk so i used 6 ounces of cow milk and subbed with 6 of errr chocolate ice cream and forgot to buy curry~^%#@*+~!=#@!

Added pickled baby corns for garnish and the concoction turned out delicate over rice.

Doled out a plate for pops and he says: Thats pretty tasty Chinese where'd you get it? I say's: I built it mannn! Pop say's: Huh! i'll be damn...
    LOL!!! Dude sounds like a pregnant woman's fantasy!

Quote Originally Posted by Idena View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DobbinsBlythe
    I'd have to agree with Idena....
    NO SOUP FOR YOU!

Thread Information